Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Opinons on this Warden Mage gear

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Primarily PVE Set

Everything is currently Epic Quality, As I did not want to waste the Legendary stuff if this was not a good set idea.

5 Piece Julianos - Divine
Ilambris set - Divine
Vicious Death Jewelry - Arcane with Magicka recovery
Vicious Death Inferno Staff - Sharpened
Vicious Death Lightning Staff - Sharpened

Still trying to determine which staff I like on front and back bar.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilambris is not a great choice for Warden. Maybe if you do a fire/lightning with blockade and clench it might work out, but honestly, Grothdarr is probably your better bet if you're ok being in melee range. ....and if you're running VD, is this supposed to be for PvP? Ilambris is terrible for PvP!

Assuming this is a PvP build, go fire on the front bar. You're going to run out of juice fast with two damage sets, but if you're just zerg surfing it shouldn't matter too much.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's a warden, wouldn't ice heart be a better bet?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Setting aside the monster mask, which is an issue of personal preference and what you have, the sets are generally very good for a dps boost magic build.

The big question is resource management. I have no idea how Wardens will be with their magic pool, but we're also seeing a big return to resource scarcity with update 14. My guess is that if this setup has any weakness, it'll be that it needs to swap out some of the critical buffs for magic regen...or handle that through jewelry enchants. Indeed, Alcast already has some Warden builds and mentions that magic management is a challenge...expect,to fine tune.

On magic builds with 11 slots I'm always torn between 5/5/1 or 5/4/2. The monster sets are high performing, but there are certainly higher performing 5th trait sets. Would I play in your set up? Totally. Would,I give up the monster 2nd piece and vicious death for the ~7000 max magic from necropotence given the resource changes? Probably.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden? You have your bear out? Or your Betty Netch?

Necropotence. All that needs to be said.

Find some other 5 piece set like Julianos so your not chasing the elusive sharpened staves and then wear a Molag Kena Shoulder for the extra spell damage. Sure you don't get the Proc chance, but with all that magic and spell damage you don't need it. Put Cost Reduction Glyphs on at least two of the Jewelry and you should never run out of resources. Put spell damage on the third piece if your resource pool is manageable.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a update, I gave up on the original setup, it had nice DPS but sustain was terrible.

Currently running:

5 piece Julianos - divines
    3 piece Seducer - divines
    1 Seducer Inferno staff - Sharp
    1 Seducer Lightening staff - Sharp

1 Willpower Healthy Necklace - with Magicka recovery
    2 Willpower Arcane Rings - with Magicka recovery

This seams to work pretty well DPS is good and sustain is OK.
    Thinking to try replacing the 5 pc Julianos with 5 pc TBS w/ Shadow & Thief -- (might have to see if a sustain Mundus is beneficial).

My NB runs TBS w/ Shadow & Thief and it seems pretty solid, BUT have not played that since update 14 hit.
    Edited by majulook on June 5, 2017 9:48PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum