Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Give us an actual 1h skill line.

nhisso
nhisso
✭✭✭✭
ZoS' decisions in severely limiting what players can do in this game are truly astounding. WTH?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 1H / rune idea too that was rumoured. Turned out to be purely rumour tho from artwork.

Bare fists / MMA skills too just for the lolz.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but all I thought of is this
    20089834.jpg

I know you are asking for a new skill line that some hoped would come once Morrowind was announced.
    It would more than likely be a bound weapon skill line though as I'm not sure TES had One hand stuff
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1H / Duelist Skill Line would be nice since we've been asking for one since launch. I need the ability to say 'My name is Inigo Montoya...'

tumblr_o72v0lB4hK1tpri36o1_500.gif

Edited by Mashille on June 2, 2017 3:30PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have an unarmed skill line. You would still use your weapon slot, but it would be something like hand-wrappings. And each morph would have a stamina or magicka option so you can be a rough and ready brawler or an enlightened monk.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A certain swordmaster from Pentos would definitely approve.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be fun to have a one hand weapon / one hand spellcasting setup, but we'd need some hybrid re-tooling for it to work.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed and polearms would be great and would tie in well with past games.

With all of the suggestions, its important to think ehat vould they do differently then ehat is offered. Adding contet and abilities aldo may be a way of creating balance and closing gaps.
    For example, 2h was designed for stronger single target burst but pve is about clearing mobs.

What would they do different?
    I could see polearms being more aoe based, a gap closer with a dot, and a defensive stance.

Unarmed being heavy channel with high dps, crit, or dot
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h and rune
    Polearm
    1h weapons
    Fists/claws
    Illusion staff
    Earth Staff
    Wind Staff

I wish I was a dev to work on that but If I were one I will hate this game and spend my days making crown crates.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! Call it "Dueling" if you must (that was the name used for 1h lightsaber usage skill line in KOTOR).
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I like the 1H / rune idea too that was rumoured. Turned out to be purely rumour tho from artwork.

Bare fists / MMA skills too just for the lolz.

i thought the 1h + rune also came from some data mining

i also like the idea...a melee magicka weapon set would also be cool

I also like the spear idea as another 2h weapon which can be both melee and ranged

and of course crossbow
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on June 2, 2017 4:44PM
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    The entire RP community is behind you on this.

You used to be able to use the 1H & Shield abilities that didn't involve a shield, with just a 1H. So while not ideal, it was at least something.

Then they removed that for no reason so now you literally have to use something in the other hand to use any skills.
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could easily let us have fists and claws under the dual wield skill line. Definitely want a polearm line.
    I just dont understand why this game so limited in so many ways.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    1h and rune
    Polearm
    1h weapons
    Fists/claws
    Illusion staff
    Earth Staff
    Wind Staff

I wish I was a dev to work on that but If I were one I will hate this game and spend my days making crown crates.

you forgot allowing us to dual weild staves! (yes like i did in skyrim!)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if pure 1H skill line was added it would just be there for RP and fluff. 1H weapons have inherent disadvantage of having less damage and only half the trait bonus than 2H. Because you can have two of them with dual wield. So either they will have to add another kind of 1H wich will be counted as 2H and have full bonuses (and that just makes it a second 2H line with different animations) or make 1H count as a full trait and full damage (but dual wield will become ridiculosly OP)
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Even if pure 1H skill line was added it would just be there for RP and fluff. 1H weapons have inherent disadvantage of having less damage and only half the trait bonus than 2H. Because you can have two of them with dual wield. So either they will have to add another kind of 1H wich will be counted as 2H and have full bonuses (and that just makes it a second 2H line with different animations) or make 1H count as a full trait and full damage (but dual wield will become ridiculosly OP)

Or they could just make an invisible offhand item...

Anyway, I like the thought of a 1h skill line
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Izaki
      Izaki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      1h and rune
      Polearm
      1h weapons
      Fists/claws
      Illusion staff
      Earth Staff
      Wind Staff

Earth and Wind magic don't exist in TES.
      @ Izaki #PCEU
      #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
      #MoreDPSthanYou
      #Stamblade
    • LadyLavina
      LadyLavina
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1h and rune
      Polearm
      1h weapons
      Fists/claws
      Illusion staff
      Earth Staff
      Wind Staff

What I thought of when reading this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMBLRHJYXU
      PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer