The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Which actions fill our ultimate?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are some skill and passives, like barrier, shooting star, some fighter's guild, champion tree passive for synergy usage, but else. Do critical give ultimate, does blocking, interrupting, light attacking or heavy attacking give ult?
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    lights and heavies triggers ulti gain for several seconds.
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light attacks, heavy attacks, healing players that have done light or heavy attacks and blocking attacks all start ult gen timer.

As you have identified some skills, passives and armour sets also generate ult in certain circumstances.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget the sets that generate ult such as the one that gives 1+ every second minor heroism. Though does anyone know if crticals generate ult?
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor and major heroism (as usual, you can stack minor+major, but 2 sources of minor buff override each other)
    Specific passives that give you X ulti points on synergy use or when you use specific abilities (for example nb siphoning skills).
    Blocking
    Specific sets, such as Tava's Favor
    Light and heavy attacks (or healing a person who's already gaining ulti points by doing that)
    Rolling through blades on third boss of Halls of FAbrication :D

Critical attacks do not generate ultimate. It used to work like this before patch 1.6 (?) or something like this. Those were fun times - you could insta-refill ult by spamming healing springs XD
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 2, 2017 7:20AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor and major heroism (as usual, you can stack minor+major, but 2 sources of minor buff override each other)
    Specific passives that give you X ulti points on synergy use or when you use specific abilities (for example nb siphoning skills).
    Blocking
    Light and heavy attacks (or healing a person who's already gaining ulti points by doing that)

Critical attacks do not generate ultimate. It used to work like this before patch 1.6 (?) or something like this. Those were fun times - you could insta-refill ult by spamming healing springs XD

There's nothing in game that gives Major Heroism right?
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Blocking

Passive in ritual skill tree and I think theres something else, but I forgot what was that.

PC/EU
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking

Passive in ritual skill tree and I think theres something else, but I forgot what was that.
    Blocking

Which class is that from?
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking

Blocking

*champion tree
    Sorry.
    Its a 120 point passive called Last Stand.

PC/EU
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking

Blocking

*champion tree
    Sorry.

I believe you are thinking of the passives that gives 2+ ult for using a synergy.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking

Blocking

*champion tree
    Sorry.

I believe you are thinking of the passives that gives 2+ ult for using a synergy.

No.
    gv8Bc5d.png
    The synergy passive is much easier to activate, though ;)

PC/EU
    Options
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Blood spawn monster set is also good at generating ultimate. It's only a 6% process. But it hits a lot. Especially if you're tanking
    Options
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor and Major heroism are currently bugged and override each other.

Wardens have major heroism on absorbing a projectile.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light attacks , heavy attacks , blocking and roll dodging activates the normal ultimate regen , 3 points per second for 9 seconds .

Major Heroism from Warden's Shimmering Shield , Last Stand CP or Daedric Trickery set , 18 Ultimates over 8 seconds .

Minor Heroism from Heroic Slash , Carve or Shalk set .

Tava's Favor , 3 Ultimates every second for 3 seconds when dodging an attack .

Hide of The Werewolf , 5 Ultimate when damaged with 5 seconds of cooldown .

Eternal Warrior restores 200 Ultimate when you die with 10 minutes of cooldown .

Blood Spawn restores 15 Ultimate with 6% chance while getting hit with 6 seconds of cooldown .

Mountain's Blessing (DK passive) gives 3 Ultimate when an Earthen Heart ability is used with 6 seconds of cooldown .

Catalyst (NB passive) gives 20 Ultimate on potion usage .

Transfer (NB passive) gives 2 Ultimate when a Siphoning ability is used with 4 seconds of cooldown .

Prism (Templar passive) restores 3 Ultimate when you use a Dawn's Wrath skill with 6 seconds of cooldown .

Savage Beast (Warden passive) restores 4 Ultimate every time an Animal Companion skill is activated . 8 seconds cooldown .

Enchanted Forest restores 20 Ultimate if it heals an ally with under 50% Health .

Invigorating Drain restores 5 Ultimate every second for 3 seconds .

Banish The Wicked passive in Fighters Guild tree grants 9 Ultimate when you kill an Undead or Daedra .

Combat Frenzy restores 20 Ultimate when you kill an enemy player .

Synergizer passive in CP gives 2 Ultimate when you use a Synergy .

I think that's all . Also Emperor's gain 100% more Ultimate while in their own campaign but not sure if you can count that as a Ultimate gain . It is more of a multiplier .
    Options
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blocking

The new daedric trickery set can grant major heroism
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    rolling being mud ball atacked
    Options
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *edit
    Nm la, ha and block all gen ult.
    Edited by WalksonGraves on June 2, 2017 9:25PM
    Options
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    So afaik light attacks give ult and heavies give resource. Not sure where everyone is getting this "heavy gives ult" I have never seen that said in any official source.

I think heavy gives both res and ult.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    So afaik light attacks give ult and heavies give resource. Not sure where everyone is getting this "heavy gives ult" I have never seen that said in any official source.

I think heavy gives both res and ult.

there is no difference if you do light or heavy, both start ulti ticking
    Options