The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NVidia Surround Support Seems To Be Broken

Chad.Seversonb14_ESO
I used to play ESO with my triple monitor setup using Window Borderless Mode with 5760 x 1080 resolution. This has worked for me for several years however when I tried to do it today. It crashed immediately after launching. I submitted a bug in game after launching the game 1920 x 1080 on single display but was wondering if anyone else has came across this issue.
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    I used to play ESO with my triple monitor setup using Window Borderless Mode with 5760 x 1080 resolution. This has worked for me for several years however when I tried to do it today. It crashed immediately after launching. I submitted a bug in game after launching the game 1920 x 1080 on single display but was wondering if anyone else has came across this issue.

could be a number of issues, did windows update run (creators update is causing many issues for windows users)
    do you run nvidia games experience rubbish (auto updates drivers)

start by checking what may have changes your side, if its worked for ages without issues, then chances are its update on your side..
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • planarexistenceb16_ESO
    planarexistenceb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting this issue as well. Running it in 1920x1080 works, but it is disappointing.
    Edited by planarexistenceb16_ESO on June 2, 2017 11:02PM
  • lavosslayer
    lavosslayer
    ✭✭✭
    This fixed my issue too...very disappointing as it was working fine just a week ago.
  • ephedup
    ephedup
    Soul Shriven
    Also unable to play with Nvidia Surround enabled. Plays fine without. Anyone figure out a fix?

Here's what I've done:

Performed a clean install of latest Nvidia Driver (382.53)
    Removed all Add-ons.
    Deleted Documents > The Elder Scrolls Online folder
    Ran Client Repair.
    Uninstalled The Elder Scrolls and deleted any installation folders left behind.
    Reinstalled.
    Issue persists.

Already followed troubleshooting article: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32493/kw/crash
    Edited by ephedup on June 9, 2017 9:41PM
  • crowbartool
    crowbartool
    Soul Shriven
    ephedup wrote: »
    Also unable to play with Nvidia Surround enabled. Plays fine without. Anyone figure out a fix?

Here's what I've done:

Performed a clean install of latest Nvidia Driver (382.53)
    Removed all Add-ons.
    Deleted Documents > The Elder Scrolls Online folder
    Ran Client Repair.
    Uninstalled The Elder Scrolls and deleted any installation folders left behind.
    Reinstalled.
    Issue persists.

Already followed troubleshooting article: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32493/kw/crash

The problem appeared after the Nvidia update that came with Windows Creator support. This problem seems to be with Elder Scrolls online and not with other games supporting Nvidia Surround. Here is a temporary work around to play using Nvidia Surround until this problem is addressed by Zenimax/Bethesda.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/351839/nvidia-surround-crash-after-clicking-play-in-launcher#latest

• ephedup
    ephedup
    Soul Shriven
    I thought I had a working solution.

Here's what has worked:
    Uninstall Nvidia Graphics Driver
    Restart
    Uninstall Gefarce Experience
    Install Graphics Driver 381.89 with "Clean Install" checked
    Immediately Uninstall Gefarce Experience

I know this sounds simple, but it took about 25 Uninstall/Reinstalls to distill it down to the simplest steps and exact driver version.

I found I could actually get the above steps to work even with the latest graphics driver. Until restarting. I don't know what changes after restarting, but with anything later than 381.89, the issue would return every time.

So far on 381.89, after several attempts to reproduce the issue, it seems to be resolved. I'll update the post if anything develops. I also have an open ticket with support. Hopefully that yields an actual fix.
    Edited by ephedup on June 13, 2017 3:42AM
  • ephedup
    ephedup
    Soul Shriven
    I spoke too soon. It may not be a restart, but rather a certain amount of time. It was working after a few restarts so I thought we were golden. I wrote the above post, changed nothing else, and thought Yay I'm gonna go play. Nope. Issue is back.

I'll keep at it. Anyone run across anything helpful?
  • tamarael
    tamarael
    Soul Shriven
    I ran across this issue today, submitted a ticket and lo and behold the reply was swift: NVIDIA Surrond blah blah blah.
    Looks like we will have to wait for the fix. It is a pain to have to go back to a single monitor after you play all other games on triple monitors.
    Bethesda on its best...