Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What happens, if i get infected with vampirism ...

Rianai
Rianai
✭✭✭✭✭
... without doing the related quest to actually become a vampire?

Does the infection stay until i do the quest or cure it (meaning i kinda "store" the option to become a vampire), or does it go away at some point?
Does it have any (negative) effects on my character?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware it stays unless cured or the quest is done.
    I left one of my characters with werewolf for a good month with no issues, then went and finished the quest.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It stays indefinitely (used to only last a week) with no benefits nor downsides...

First time I 'caught' it, I'd had it for almost three days before I had even realized.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • thebattlesaintb14_ESO
    Yeah, it's pretty much there indefinitely. Either join us in the dark side or cure yourself whenever you are ready either way.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the answers.