Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Major Brutality on a stam DK

wesmont65
wesmont65
✭✭
Good morning all,
I've created a stam DK heavy attack build and I've found the rotation very fulfilling and easy and with the possibility of high DPS numbers when this rotation is mastered. On the other hand I've noticed the absence of Major Brutality buff. Is drinking a potion the only way to get the buff or there's another way that I haven't figured out yet?
Thanks in advance
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get the buff as a DK using:
    - A potion, it's the most common way to get it endgame if you can afford it by either crafting or buying potions
    - Igneous Weapons, which is the other morph of Molten Armaments, which also means that, if you want the heavy attack bonus, someone else needs to run it.
    - Dreugh King Slayer set, which you can find here. The 5p passively provides the buff, however, as a heavy armor set, you also sacrifice a lot of maximum stamina. It also means you're in for a pretty harsh grind if you want of very specific weapon of this set.
    - If you use a 2H weapon, you can use any morph of Momentum, which provides Major brutality for 33s
    - If you use DW, you can use any morph of Hidden blade, as they both provide Major brutality for 20s.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    You can get the buff as a DK using:
    - A potion, it's the most common way to get it endgame if you can afford it by either crafting or buying potions
    - Igneous Weapons, which is the other morph of Molten Armaments, which also means that, if you want the heavy attack bonus, someone else needs to run it.
    - Dreugh King Slayer set, which you can find here. The 5p passively provides the buff, however, as a heavy armor set, you also sacrifice a lot of maximum stamina. It also means you're in for a pretty harsh grind if you want of very specific weapon of this set.
    - If you use a 2H weapon, you can use any morph of Momentum, which provides Major brutality for 33s
    - If you use DW, you can use any morph of Hidden blade, as they both provide Major brutality for 20s.

Thank you for the very detailed answer mate, much appreciated!! I am going for dw/bow with medium armor, so i guess a potion or Hidden blade are my only options. Igneous Weapons is not an option because the whole build is based on Molten Armaments heavy attack buff, a heavy set is also not an option because this is pve dps build so i am going for medium armor and i don't want to use a 2H weapon. On the other hand it will be difficult to slot Hidden blade because actually i don't know which other skill i have to sacrifice, we'll see. Thanks again.
  • Diggitydug
    Diggitydug
    ✭✭✭
    Wesmont, could you post your build? Im thinking about going stamina NB for Morrowind and id love to hear about your leveling experience.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    the whole idea is for a heavy attack build. This is something that both @Alcast and @Fearturbo mention on their stam dk builds for Morrowind.
    The build is actually the same, going for 7 medium, right now i have 5 Hundings (3 armor, 2 daggers), 4 NMG armor, 3 Agility Jewels. You can start with those and then aim for 2 kraghs, 5 TFS, 5 Sunderflame. This is Fearturbo's stam dk build.
    dw/bow
    Front bar (dw): Rearming Trap, Venomous Claw, Rending Slashes, Deadly Cloak, Evil Hunter, Ulti: Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back bar (bow): Hail, Caltrops, Injection, Molten Armaments, Flames of Oblivion, Ulti: Standard of Might

The whole idea as I've already said, is keep Molten up all the time to buff heavy attack damage, and rotate all the dot's from front bar with heavy attacks.
    Edited by wesmont65 on June 2, 2017 10:42AM