Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Consoles have a graphics option?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
E.g - Turning off certain special effects, turning off your special effects, turning off other's special effects, turning off all special effects, turning off shadows, draw distance, etc.

= / The frame rate is really bad during certain dungeons/trials/Cyro
Edited by Kammakazi on May 31, 2017 11:26PM

Should Consoles have a graphics option? 19 votes

Yes
89%
Caligamy_ESONewBlacksmurfDevRajajshkaQUEZ420MyerscodTrillinMettaricanaAnthofromOrsiniumTholian1KalanteCaff32susmitdsBonzodog01WalksonGravesLiquidPonyKingJ 17 votes
No
10%
MLGProPlayerMrBetadine 2 votes
Other
0%
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Is love a transparency for skills option everything in eso is too friggan flashy i been to discos with less flash than a trial
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would invest as much time as it takes to play a MMO in a console game.

My girl bought it for her Xbox then bought it for computer the next day because the graphics we're just so godawful compared to my low end machine with a gtx1050 which can play it on ultra. The controls are also so extremely counterintuitive.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would invest as much time as it takes to play a MMO in a console game.

My girl bought it for her Xbox then bought it for computer the next day because the graphics we're just so godawful compared to my low end machine with a gtx1050 which can play it on ultra. The controls are also so extremely counterintuitive.

Because not everyone wants to fork out the cash needed for a gaming rig. Especially if ESO is already available for consoles in the first place.
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on May 31, 2017 11:42PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No because they can't support that. Console ports never have graphics options because it takes a lot of work to optimize a game to run on garbage hardware. Any changes to the settings, even to lower the graphics, would result in a performance loss.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 31, 2017 11:50PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Might actually be able to play MoL if I could turn off the waving grass or tone down the particle effects ...
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Hell I wish this option existed on PC, I can't tell you how many times I have stood in red for too long because I couldn't see it through the 15,000 special effects of ground based DoTs EVERYONE in the group was flinging around.

Or those moments where a boss is dead and I'm flinging my mouse ball back and forth trying to find my freaking mouse pointer through all the sparks and cinders flying around before everyone runs off to the next without me.

:#
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on June 1, 2017 1:17AM
    love is love
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just work on the performance of the game... that'd be cool.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but more specific...PS4 pro as the upcoming Xbox Scorpio.
    Some things should always be greyed out but others should have options just like how the PC version lists but all options shouldn't be available

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 1, 2017 12:12AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501