The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loved My Armor Appearance Initially, Despise It Now

Cavadus
Cavadus
Soul Shriven
Playing an Imperial here. I loved my Imperial motif from levels 1 - 29. It looked tough, functional, and lived in. It looked real. It looked like something I could wear into battle.

And then level 30 hit and all of the sudden my open faced helmet was closed, I had a small crest on the top of it, artistic engravings started appearing, and now, at level 47, I'm wearing a glittering bejeweled armor with painstakingly etched designs into it with a ten foot tall head crest.

I hate it. The higher level I get the more I despise my appearance and other motifs aren't any better. I prefer the look of the low to mid level stuff across the board.

Anyways, I'd love to get some appearance tabs, or transmogrification, or hell, I'LL EVEN PAY YOU if you put that Imperial Officer Armor pack back up.

But right now I'm pretty disappointed with my appearance and I feel like the game has really let me down. It's a bad sign when I can't even enjoy something as simple as my avatar'sappearance.
Edited by Cavadus on May 31, 2017 11:04PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The imperial costumes offered a good mix of what made low-level imperial motif amazing:

1d1dd6499f7c4fbf087306bc8938fa1c.jpg

They need more armor costumes. I've been dying to get them to put out an armor costumes line for each alliance.
    Edited by Minno on May 31, 2017 10:30PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TRANSMOG, TRANSMOG, TRANSMOG!
  • Cavadus
    Cavadus
    Soul Shriven
    Minno wrote: »
    The imperial costumes offered a good mix of what made low-level imperial motif amazing:

1d1dd6499f7c4fbf087306bc8938fa1c.jpg

They need more armor costumes. I've been dying to get them to put out an armor costumes line for each alliance.

I want that set of costumes so hard. I'd probably wear the lowest level one (rightmost character in that screenshot) but, in a perfect world, I'dlike the low level armor with the next level up chest piece (so the right most dude with the left-most Argonian's cuirass) as I'm aiming for Roman lorica segmentata in my general appearance.

/sigh

In the immortal words of Skee-lo, "I wish."
    Edited by Cavadus on May 31, 2017 11:15PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say, Order of the Hour is an option, though that is kinda ornate. Failing that, costumes and disguises. I do, really wish, with the way the game was structured now, there was a reason to wear lower tier items (not specifically for this, but still).
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are some Imperial-style disguises that you might like - the Colovian Uniform from the quest in Arenthia in Reaper's March, the Imperial Disguise from Satakalaam in Alik'r, and the Hallin's Stand Seventh Legion Disguise from Bangkorai. You can wear those over your armor.

Pics 'n' stuff here.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Cavadus
    Cavadus
    Soul Shriven
    Disguises come off the second you enter combat though, right?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cavadus It happens only with disguise appropriate quest area.

Outside of that place, anywhere else in the world, nothing happens if you attack in disguise.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of great looking sets in the game, sucks that when we come to end game there are only a fraction to pick from because of non crafted sets and monster helms. Yes you could wear whatever you wanted but you're never gonna be as powerful with set bonuses and such. Also Order of the Hour does look similar to what you want but its a long grind or its gonna be pretty expensive to get all the motifs so i wouldnt recommend it to a new'ish player. But i do really sympathise with your plight :'(
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone uses costumes because decent gear isn't crafted anyway and you look ridiculous.