The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dyes+

AishavariStarling
AishavariStarling
✭✭✭
Haven't found this anywhere but does anyone know if you delete a character that unlocked dyes and such, do you lose the dyes?
Don't look into someone's eyes, if you fear what they'll see in yours.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyes are account wide. Unlock them once and you have them for all characters.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excluding dyes obtained from the Crown store. If you delete a character with these dyes, you lose the dyes permanently.
  • AishavariStarling
    AishavariStarling
    ✭✭✭
    I understand they're unlocked account wide, I just need to know if you need a character with the achievements that unlocked the dyes in order to keep them unlocked.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it would have an effect here based on the interface.

However if that achievement unlocks your ability to buy a furnishing for example that would only be possible on that specific character.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • AishavariStarling
    AishavariStarling
    ✭✭✭
    I know that individual character unlocks will be gone.
    I just need to know about dyes and other account wide unlockables such as mementos etc. If you need to posses a character that has completed the achievement to keep it unlocked.
    Edited by AishavariStarling on May 31, 2017 8:58PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand they're unlocked account wide, I just need to know if you need a character with the achievements that unlocked the dyes in order to keep them unlocked.

Yes, they stay unlocked.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyes for achievements will stay unlocked always, no matter if you delete that character or not. Once unlocked, the never re-lock.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Dyes for achievements will stay unlocked always, no matter if you delete that character or not. Once unlocked, the never re-lock.

There is an exception. If something derps up the system in the future, it's possible they may reauthenticate all your dyes on character login. This is basically what happens every time data gets ported over to the PTS. In that situation, if you didn't have the achievement on some character, it would be "re-locked."
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an exception. If something derps up the system in the future, it's possible they may reauthenticate all your dyes on character login. This is basically what happens every time data gets ported over to the PTS. In that situation, if you didn't have the achievement on some character, it would be "re-locked."

Lol well sure, I guess there's the possibility of that but as of this day, Ive not heard of such a thing occurring. Cross our fingers something like that never happens as I imagine it would affect a lot of peeps.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no they you'll have them, even if you delete the character which obtained that achievment (I deleted my stam dk who had werewolf and I still have the dyes)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Lol well sure, I guess there's the possibility of that but as of this day, Ive not heard of such a thing occurring. Cross our fingers something like that never happens as I imagine it would affect a lot of peeps.

It happened once immediately after the system was implemented, I think. It's more likely to happen if they fundamentally mess with the dye system moving forward.
  • AishavariStarling
    AishavariStarling
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it's their fault messing with the system I would hope they would correct accounts effected by it... > _ >