Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blade of Woe not showing up

Vrathak
Vrathak
✭✭✭
Weird bug here, happens only on 1 of my characters.
Blade of WoE passive is unlocked and prevent attacking innocent is turned off like all my other toons, but the synergy never shows up for it when I sneak up behind target and stay hidden.... anyone else have that issue?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does that sometimes for me, pickpocket always appears, but not the Blade of Woe.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • CorsennaRyu
    CorsennaRyu
    ✭✭
    I've been getting this on one of my new characters now as well. Seems to primarily happen with NPCs with the Soldier tag, but it has happened with others.
  • Joffi
    Joffi
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a Vampire toon? Vampire's Woe helps if on PC.

Apologies if this is not addressing your issue. It's all I can think of.
    "Bah... This is not the way... "

PC EU
    Tempora Jof, Daggerfall Covenant, Breton, Sorcerer, Vampire: "Being good is hard..."
    Jurfi da Nord, Aldmeri Dominion, Nord,Warden, Vampire: "Serving my own needs is easy."
    Randal the Second, Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Dragonknight: "I refuse to feel the ex-slaver guilt I have."
    Inos sal'Ma'Nefic, Aldmeri Dominion, Imperial, Templar: "Heals by accident count, eh? Eh?"
    Desdenada Jof, Ebonheart Pact, High Elf, Sorcerer: "Righteousness is its own edict."
    Joffi da Rat, Aldmeri Dominion, Wood Elf, Nightblade: "Bah, this is not the way..."
    Indigo sal'Ma'Nefic, Daggerfall Covenant, Redguard, Dragonknight: "For glory!"
  • Nightla
    Nightla
    Soul Shriven
    I have also experienced this weird bug - with only ONE of my characters - but it disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. This character previously had the Blade of Woe ability, but I wasn't playing it for some time (logging in only to level up the riding skills), and when I finally got to play it the Blade of Woe synergy was not showing up no matter what I did. I spent the whole evening running in circles with the Blade of Woe not working, I contacted the game support, but nothing they suggested helped. The next day, frustrated and not really believing in the game-level fix from devs (as I did not know myself what made this character special), I have decided to take a few more screenshots for the full-scale bug-report - and oh miracle, at like 4th screenshot the synergy came back! I wasn't even re-logging and it just appeared. For the same targets it was not previously showing up. I don't know what it was, but I'm happy it's gone - I was seriously considering re-creating the character and would hate to loose all the riding lessons.

Anyway, providing the information I had at the time of the bug:

Server: NA
    Character: Hisses-At-Butterflies (argonian, vampire, Warden)

I tried (with no results) to:
    - re-launch the game
    - disable all addons and /reloadui
    - delete all addons and repair the game

Additional information:
    - Blade of Woe ability was unlocked
    - Dark Brotherhood was at rank 2
    - Settings > Gameplay > Prevent Attacking Innocents was turned OFF
    - Feed synergy did not interfere with the Blade of Woe
    == with the Vampire's Woe addon (prevents the Feed synergy) turned ON: Feed and Blade of Woe never showed up
    == with the Vampire's Woe addon turned OFF: only Feed synergy showed up, regardless the proximity to the target
    == with all addons removed: only Feed synergy showed up, regardless the proximity to the target
    - my target was a non-elite humanoid (also verified that the synergy did not show up for the Dark Brotherhood quest target)
    - I was in the correct position for assassination (directly behind, close to the target, completely stealthed, at the same level as the target)
    - I did not have this issue with any other characters (including vampires)
    - (to address alliance rank assumption stated in this thread's comments) my character had never been to Cyrodiil at the time the issue appeared

Game Consultant report: https://monosnap.com/file/Iim9IE9XAt4zyLP8p3t1LxpK2OIeX1
    Edited by Nightla on October 16, 2017 3:06PM