The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS4] Too easy to enchant by mistake a locked item

Zedrian
Zedrian
✭✭✭
Hello Zenimax,

First i wanted to thank the customer assistance for a super speedy response and solving my problem. The replies were courteous, understanding and clear, and had a touch of Role Play that I enjoyed. Thank you Julie for allowing
me to roast enemies from afar with my favorite staff <3!

Recently I had a moment of distress, when in the rush of things I accidentally enchanted my only Sharpened Maelstrom Staff with a White Fire Glyph I looted from a monster. I only wanted to simply recharge the weapon enchantment and not replace it. The Maelstrom and Master weapon charges depletes so quickly and very frequently I need to quickly jump into the game menu to recharge said staff, often in the midst of battle....

My suggestion: Locked weapons cannot be enchanted. On Console when you open the Weapon Menu, the "Enchant" Option is right above the "Charge" Option and in a rush it is very easy to make this error. There is no reason to enchant a vMA staff with another enchantment. Also just like other crafts work (Improvements for examples), enchanting an object should only be an option when the item is unlocked.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

And a picture of when you feel so stupid :)
0qdfcuuol7cn.jpg

Edited by Zedrian on June 3, 2017 7:12AM
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. If locked enchant should not even be an option.
  • Romu84f
    Romu84f
    I agree it s dangerous.
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Much rather prefer option for weapon to self Enchant when fully depleted. Why is this not a thing?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is peppered with "Are you sure?'s" Except for this. Not that I want any more AYS's in the game, in fact, I would like them all removed.

Oh, and it is just as easy to do this on the PC. Easier in fact as the text is just that small and the cursor is just that big.

Anyway, another solution would be to set it so you can only charge a weapon when it is equipped. If you want to change the enchant, you have to unequip it like any armor you want to improve.

It might be locking a weapon so that Enchanting is locked out would also stop the re-charging process. And, I have never tried, but can you lock or unlock something that is equipped?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"