The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How do you make good looking argonians?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Here am with my champion level argonian thinking I made a mistake maybe it's the race...but I an inclined to believe I made something similar to a fashion blunder that I wish to destroy from existence when designing my character. So I ask how do you go about your creation of less humanoid races? I wish to not kill my character , but how do you make scales look cool or sexy?

Edit:

Month later

20170718202659_1.jpg
Edited by Tasear on July 27, 2017 5:15PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are cream of the crop. Just lick some of that juicy hist sap and you'll see the true beauty hidden under those scales.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I'm in the character creator and choose race I pick "Orc" and thats it. Sexiest race in Tamriel. B)
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't, just embrace it
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sexiest race in Tamriel.

You never met Razum-dar if you do not think the sexiest race in Tamriel is Khajiit.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furry detection complete, target acquired
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Scales, the best trait of any woman"
    - Realistic Frisk, 2017
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    Dark/black skin together with mazzatun achievement skin looks pretty good, but overall, polymorph is solution! :p
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any argonian is a good looking argonian
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lusty_argonian_maid_by_cinn_ransome-d5hw412.png
    PC-NA Goat
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wonder this.

When I fiddle (hehe) with Argionians in character creation they always look derpy, then I see one ZOS made as an NPC and think I WANT A COOL CHARACTER LIKE THAT!

I am bad at making characters it seems.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put them in a cage. Voila! Prettiest thing in all of tamriel.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How? Lizard tiddies.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Here am with my champion level argonian thinking I made a mistake maybe it's the race...but I an inclined to believe I made something similar to a fashion blunder when designing my character. So I ask how do you go about your creation of less humanoid races?

I have two Argonians. While creating the first one, Deek Nagmus, I gave in to the temptation to give him big "devil horns" spines on his head. I'm planning to spend some cash to revamp his spiny crest soon. My 2nd Argonian is Shuns-the-Knife (she'll use staves and maces, but not swords or axes). She has a fashionably modest set of small head spines, but she further improves her looks by wearing a head wrap dyed to match her dusty-gold-and-green clothes.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no such thing .
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder ... Embrace your scales and shift your perception.

General character creation tips: define a personality, build around it, if the character creator doesn't allow you to then alter the personality to fit.

Are-you-gonian my way?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every argonian looks better in shackles or in leash with his master
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Ask the Lusty Argonian Maid.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argonian and to a degree khajiit are fantastic races to make because of their lack of obvious human features, so beauty is VERY much in the eye of the beholder.

tips would be to start with the face slider dead center to avoid any extremes, you can tweak later. another tip is also start wth no hair, adornments, or face markings (unless there is one you are just set one) and add them later. better to have a base you really like then add on to it then to start covered on makeup to the point where you cannot tell what you look like underneath. (though I love argonains with the skull makeup myself)

if unsure avoid slider extremes and stay neutral. a personally tend to slim the forehead, chin, and cheekbones, and extend the nose a bit, to create a more raptor predatory look. but once again, with beast races its VERY easy to make what YOU like and no way to really tell "oh that's gorgeous/ugly!"

also argonians tend to have bulbous back heads so you might consider horns or feathers that cover it (I personally use the crown of feathers from the store because I LOVE its look, that said they don't dye)

Edited by Wing on May 31, 2017 9:54AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a tough one :/
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Argonian males are hot (serious) ((I know, I may have gone a little bit wrong)) :#
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEAD FIN!

I tend to try and go for crocodile (shorter, broader snout, flatish head. I'm not sure they do sexy very well. But can be moderately fearsome.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't try to make them look human. Try to make them look like they are something humanoid but clearly not human. Otherwise you will end up with some odd looks. Embrace the reptilian side!

Also:
    aO0TGBm.png
    Edited by LMar on May 31, 2017 10:33AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    How do you make good looking argonians?

Hot Grill
    Seasoning
    Crusty Rolls
    Lettuce
    Tomatoe
    Onion
    Cheese
    Mustard

PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to shadowfen

do a bunch of quests

you will receive a special reward that allows you to make your argonain saxy!
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to see a bad-looking Argonian. Met some ugly cats, but lizards look super fine.

(But again I dated that frog...I mean, alien assassin in ME2. Humans are so boring. No I'm not a furry. Really.)
    Edited by Lavennin on May 31, 2017 10:53AM
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to make a female argonian once but I was disturbed by the idea of breasts on a lizard, so I switched to male. I stuck with the more natural lizard colours, a nice green with a snakeskin scale pattern. I avoided the paler colours because for some reason they reminded me of E.T. when he gets sick and turns white, and that's also so very disturbing to me lol. I gave him big green eyes with a slight squint and some nice high cheekbones. Don't worry so much about the spines because those can always be changed later if you buy the hairstyle packs from the crown store. I made him max height with nice muscles. Actually, he's kind of my ideal man :wink: ok ok, he's hot, but I swear I'm not a furry!
    NA PS4
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how one can make a good looking lizard :p
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skins. All the skins look awesome on Argonians. Perhaps it's an effect of not having a human standard of beauty to apply to lizards.

Otherwise, you can always toy around in character creation.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Don't try to make them look human. Try to make them look like they are something humanoid but clearly not human. Otherwise you will end up with some odd looks. Embrace the reptilian side!

Also:
    aO0TGBm.png

Sexy too character, got to love the personilty and the fins
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnowFury wrote: »
    Not sure how one can make a good looking lizard :p

To be fair, you can't f*** up. Any Argonian is a good looking Argonian.

If you disagree, here's an another tip:
    Have Dunmer friends. Dark elves are so ugly, that they'll make everything else around them look much better.
    Why do you think some people bought the Tel Garen house? If I had to look at a Dunmer all the time, then ZoS could impossibly make something disgusting.