The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Objections and Obstacles Quest in Vvardenfell

Freya
Freya
Soul Shriven
Hey there,

I believe this to be a bug. I'm unable to complete the Objections and Obstacles Quest in the new Morrowind expansion. The goal is to bring a gift to Ralesa Delvi in Sadrith Mora. I brought her some nice Pearl-Dusted Marshmerrow Cakes, but she won't take them! The arrow was above Ralesi's head when I went to go talk to her, then after we spoke the arrow over her head went away but remains in my quest bar. The cakes are still in my inventory as well. When I go to talk to her again she just questions if I'm there to kill her and that and that Sun-in-Shadow considers herself to be her equal. My quest log states that I still need to give her the cakes, and, as I mentioned, the quest arrow is still in the upper bar. Slightly frustrating that I might have to abandon this quest and restart it because this has taken forreevver with just running around.

Things I've tried:
- Exiting the building and re-entering
- Attacking her
- Dragging the cakes out of my inventory (shrugs, just trying anything)
- Logging in/out
- Exiting game completely
- Repairing the game

PC/NA megaserver

I couldn't find a thread that already had this issue with this particular quest, so I started a new discussion. Feel free to delete or move to an existing thread if it's available.

Let me know if more info is needed and/or screenshots.
  • annuschka
    annuschka
    ✭✭✭
    I also have trouble with this quest, but a few steps later: I have to search Sun-In-Shadows house, but I can only find two clues: a To-Do-List and a page of a diary. The quest says I'm supposed to keep on looking .... -_-

If you have trouble with an NPC you can try: Log out for 15 minutes. Or try /reloadui in the chat. This will force you into another server instance and usually re-evaluates your quest progress... Honestly: It never helped me though...

Edit: Thank the devines, it's actually the follow-up quest I'm stuck in. Abandoning it worked ...
    Edited by annuschka on May 31, 2017 1:19PM
  • Freya
    Freya
    Soul Shriven
    Boooo for abandoning! I do have a question about it though. If I abandoned that quest, would it just start me a step back from that one? Or would it make me restart the entire quest with Sun-in-Shadow?

Thanks for the other tips though, I've been at work all day so I'm hoping that once I log back in it would have fixed itself. I'll do the reload UI too.

That's interesting that your bug was just a few steps after this one...
  • Natthanicha
    Natthanicha
    Soul Shriven
    Freya wrote: »
    Boooo for abandoning! I do have a question about it though. If I abandoned that quest, would it just start me a step back from that one? Or would it make me restart the entire quest with Sun-in-Shadow?

Thanks for the other tips though, I've been at work all day so I'm hoping that once I log back in it would have fixed itself. I'll do the reload UI too.

That's interesting that your bug was just a few steps after this one...

as of today , 9th June, still bugged.

I abandoned the quest and started over, this time i chose to assassinate Ralasa. didn't even bother giving her the cake. (because of previous attempts)

If they could look into it would be very appreciated, as much as i hate Ralasa, i didn't wanted to kill her...
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here as the OP.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • feyreisa12
    feyreisa12
    ✭✭
    Mine is bugged after killing Ralasa. I'm to "examine sun-in-shadows home"....but after finding the quest markers and reading the clues, the quest does not progress.
    NA PS4 - Whitehotwilson - Guildmaster, Crafters & Traders
    Galerial - C160 High Elf Sorc
  • Somaxion
    Somaxion
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, the quest doesn't work yet.
  • Dolorem_Ipsum
    Dolorem_Ipsum
    Soul Shriven
    Just curious. Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same issue, and it's been like, a year.
  • twobitmatt
    twobitmatt
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having an issue towards the very end of "A Hireling of House Telvanni"; I'm at the quest stage where my current objective is to "Talk to Sun-in-Shadow in the Audience Chamber ", where she is not. I've submitted a bug report via the in-game tool now, in the hopes of resolving this without restarting this whole part of the quest.
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    twobitmatt wrote: »
    I'm having an issue towards the very end of "A Hireling of House Telvanni"; I'm at the quest stage where my current objective is to "Talk to Sun-in-Shadow in the Audience Chamber ", where she is not. I've submitted a bug report via the in-game tool now, in the hopes of resolving this without restarting this whole part of the quest.

Same, bug report submitted. I even tried re-loggin and leaving the Council House entirely, then re-entering. I'm right where the quest tracker says to be in the Audience Chamber, but there's no Sun-in-shadows and no Eraven.
  • twobitmatt
    twobitmatt
    Soul Shriven
    So I did a few things. Logged, left area, waited till morning before work to check again -- no Sun-in-Shadows or anyone else of note for how that scene plays out.
    I abandoned and re-tried the quest because meh, not even that long to do those bits once you know 'em, got back there, no Argonian. Couple other folks on server said this has been happening. I'll wait till I see it in patch notes and do other VVF quests instead.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Me too on Sun in Shadows.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Also, to save you all the time, abanndoning it doesnt help.
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    Soul Shriven
    me too, A Hireling of House Telvanni not spawning quest mob
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    twobitmatt wrote: »

Can confirm Still bugged 23/5/2018 Summerset just came out a few days ago and this quest is still bugged...... You think that they could focus on the current game before make more content....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, just confirming we've seen your posts and will work on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Bug Report was made a year ago. Didn't want that crucial part of this whole thing to go unnoticed.
    Edited by FreshlyB8ked on May 23, 2018 8:39PM
  • akashathekitty
    akashathekitty
    Soul Shriven
    This Bug Report was made a year ago. Didn't want that crucial part of this whole thing to go unnoticed.

To be fair, it's quite possible that it WAS fixed but the new expansion/patch rebroke it. That seems to be what happened with a lot of these Morrowind quests.
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭

To be fair, it's quite possible that it WAS fixed but the new expansion/patch rebroke it. That seems to be what happened with a lot of these Morrowind quests.

Except Dolorem_Ipsum reported it not working on May 11 while Summerset came out on May 21. Could be some other update broke it. I only tried the quest after Summerset came out, but zone chat inferred that it's been broken for a while.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    The true power of Necroposting revealed

:b
    Edited by Lord_Ninka on May 25, 2018 2:41PM
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    A Hireling of House Telvani: Fixed an issue that prevented Sun-in-Shadow from appearing for the final council scene, unblocking the progress within the quest.

EDIT: I am now able to progress in this questline, thanks! :)
    Edited by lolmer on June 5, 2018 12:59AM
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Having this big as of November 2018...Lol
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    hummmm. They had fixed this a little after summersets release. I wonder how things like this break again?>
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hummmm. They had fixed this a little after summersets release. I wonder how things like this break again?>

*cough* Software branching version control *cough*