The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Leveling Guide?

barch88
barch88
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I'm new to ESO, played very briefly at lunch but now I'm playing again. I currently have a level 23 Magicka Sorc which is fun and all but I realize how long and brutal these dungeon queues are as a DPS. I used to tank all the time in WoW and I decided to level a Nord DK. My question is this - For leveling should I go Magica or Stam? I'm assuming Stam with a build like this: http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/#leveling

But can I tank at all while leveling up with that build? Should I spec all stam, any health?

IS there a tank leveling build?

thanks for the help.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK tank is more of a "Health" spec rather than mag or stam because he uses both. Sure, you can go off tank chosing stamDk or magDK, but you must bear in mind that:

1- Piercing armor is the best taunt in ESO (has 2 armor debuff associated) and its a stam skill
    2- chains and talons are 2 of the most useful utility skills for a tank DK, and both use magicka
    3- Blocking with S/B requieres a decent stam pool. You can also block with am ice staff, using magicka, but the taunt is not reliable

My advice is that you level up as you want. You can respec anytime later in game by goig to Deshaan, Stormhaven or Grathwood.

P.S. Nord is not so good for tanking compared to Redguard, Argonian or even imperial
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique