The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alchemy Master Writ Issue

jevans824
jevans824
I received a Masterful Alchemy Writ with the following conditions:

Create 20 Resolve-Draining IX Poisons with the following effects: Increase Armor, Protection, Defile

I created a poison using the following reagents / solvents:

-- Alkahest (level IX poison solvent)
-- Beetle Scuttle (Increase Armor, Protection)
-- Mudcrab Chitin (Increase Armor, Protection, Defile)
-- Nightshade (Protection, Defile)

The poison is named correctly, but it doesn't register as satisfying the writ. It looks like it should fit all of the conditions.

Thanks.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    jevans824 wrote: »
    I received a Masterful Alchemy Writ with the following conditions:

Create 20 Resolve-Draining IX Poisons with the following effects: Increase Armor, Protection, Defile

I created a poison using the following reagents / solvents:

-- Beetle Scuttle (Increase Armor, Protection)

The poison is named correctly, but it doesn't register as satisfying the writ. It looks like it should fit all of the conditions.

Thanks.
    When I use the Potion Maker 5.34 Poison panel, and select the solvent and reagents on your list, the add-on produces a list of four poisons. Three use only two reagents and have only two of the effects. However, the fourth "Resolve-Draining Poison IX" uses all three reagents, but does not have all three of the effects, although it apparently should.

When I select the effects on the Potion Maker Poison panel as to what the poison must have, it produces two poisons which have all three of the required traits, as follows:
    • Mountain Flower + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade
    • Imp Stool + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade
    I suggest that you submit an in-game bug report (<F1> Customer Service > Feedback) with an attached screenshot showing the outcome when you create a poison with the native Alchemy UI that has Alkahest, Beetle Scuttle, Mudcrab Chitin, and Nightshade. Be sure to point-out that the Defile trait shared by Mudcrab Chitin and Nightshade is not included in the poison.

You're welcome. :smile:

Edited by Shadowshire on May 30, 2017 4:54AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one on my list that meets the criteria
    mountain flower, mudcrab chitin, nightshade

Imp Stool + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade also has all three. Added to my list.

I double-checked your list and it appears to be working as intended. Beetle Scuttle also has Vitality which negates defile and leaves the poison with only 2/3 required traits.

-- Beetle Scuttle (Increase Armor, Protection, Vitality)

Edited by BenevolentBowd on May 30, 2017 7:15AM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • AxadarX
    AxadarX
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same issue for the Resolve-Draining Poison IX
    Then I tried Mudcrab Chitin], Nightshade, and Mountain Flower and it worked.

It should work with Mudcrab Chitin, Nightshade, and Beetle Scuttle but at least I got it to work.

It's only worth 2 writs but it's still worth it.
    Options
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    Wow, this is still an issue (I've filed an in-game bug report referencing this thread). The proposed work-around "Mountain Flower + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade" worked for me as well, thank you! I tried several combinations (I don't recall which anymore) of ingredients with Increase Armor, Protection, and Defile listed and none of them worked.
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lolmer wrote: »
    Wow, this is still an issue (I've filed an in-game bug report referencing this thread). The proposed work-around "Mountain Flower + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade" worked for me as well, thank you! I tried several combinations (I don't recall which anymore) of ingredients with Increase Armor, Protection, and Defile listed and none of them worked.

It would be more helpful if you listed the exact combinations you tried. Because regarding the combination listed in the OP (Beetle Scuttle + Mudcrab Chitin + Nightshade), there is no issue with that one. As explained earlier in this thread, Vitality trait on Beetle Scuttle cancels Defile trait on the other two, and crafting UI shows that -- after you select reagents, it highlights conflicting traits with red outline, and matching traits with blue outline.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    Good point @Merlight , I guess I didn't thoroughly read the posts, just saw a fix, tried it, and then posted. ;) When I get this Writ again I'll write down what I try and what does and does not work.
    Options