The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game crashes during loading screen - can't get to character screen

tophatsaur
tophatsaur
✭✭
Hello,

I bought this game about a month ago, but sadly have been unable to play it. Initially the issue was that I did not have the required DirectX version (my computer is very old), and so I bought a second-hand graphics card online that would mean my PC meets the bare minimum requirements, which I checked online. Then the game was able to run, but would either get stuck in an endless loading screen, or crash a few minutes into the loading screen. Nowadays, the game simply crashes after one minute into the loading screen, with the error message:
ps93tddrugbw.png

I instead tried to run it on my laptop, which is again very old and could only manage the bare minimum, but the same happened again. Are the system requirements actually higher than the site states, or is the issue something else?

I have tried dozens of solutions by now, including allowing it through the firewall, running as administrator, and all the other solutions you'd find from googling the issue. Is the issue just that my computer is simply too old to run this game? I find that hard to believe, since I have managed to run other games from post-2014 without any issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by tophatsaur on June 11, 2017 3:58PM
  • tophatsaur
    tophatsaur
    ✭✭
    Because this thread sadly hasn't gone anywhere, is there any way to contact customer support directly for help with the issue? I feel as if I've wasted my money since I can't play the game.
  • charlie_delta
    charlie_delta
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem and I have a good pc. It happens with certain chatacters on the first load of the game. I've been suffering it since i got this (windows7) pc early this year it never happened on my poor spec windows 10 laptop.
    What I do is after a crash I run it again and choose the next character in my list. If that one crashes, go to the next one and so forth. One will load into the game then it'll be good I can load any of them as long as I don't quit the game.
    My latest trick has been to log one character out in a non populated barren area and log into it first when I first start to play.
    If you only have 1 character, try making a few more and give it a go. Works for me but ymmv.
    Good luck I feel your pain.
  • tophatsaur
    tophatsaur
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, I wasn't nearly clear enough with the problem. I'm unable to get into the character selection screen, so the loading screen crash happens after I enter my password.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should post your computer specs
  • Atreyix
    Atreyix
    ✭✭✭
    tophatsaur wrote: »
    Hello,

I bought this game about a month ago, but sadly have been unable to play it. Initially the issue was that I did not have the required DirectX version (my computer is very old), and so I bought a second-hand graphics card online that would mean my PC meets the bare minimum requirements, which I checked online. Then the game was able to run, but would either get stuck in an endless loading screen, or crash a few minutes into the loading screen. Nowadays, the game simply crashes after one minute into the loading screen, with the error message:
    ps93tddrugbw.png

I instead tried to run it on my laptop, which is again very old and could only manage the bare minimum, but the same happened again. Are the system requirements actually higher than the site states, or is the issue something else?

I have tried dozens of solutions by now, including allowing it through the firewall, running as administrator, and all the other solutions you'd find from googling the issue. Is the issue just that my computer is simply too old to run this game? I find that hard to believe, since I have managed to run other games from post-2014 without any issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

What is your GPU and CPU? That would help out a bit.