The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Allow us to preview multiple cosmetic items on a character & outside of store

SweetrollThief
SweetrollThief
Soul Shriven
As someone who can't always afford to put a lot of money into this game, I would very much appreciate a way to look at Crown Store cosmetic items more closely.

My suggestions are as follows:
  • Allow us to preview multiple cosmetic items at once
Will that hair go with this outfit? Will this hood go with this costume? Will this accessory remove another accessory? Will this dye match? These are all questions I find myself asking when browsing the store. Perhaps there could be a visual list displaying what is being previewed on a character while in the store (ex. every time we hit 'preview', it is added to a check box list that allows us to toggle items on and off)? I think a lot of us who appreciate tweaking physical appearances would appreciate this a LOT.
  • Allow us to preview these Crown Store items outside of the Crown Store for a limited time
Often times I wonder how a look will translate outside of the store. Rather than immediately disappearing, a 30 sec time limit (or shorter) to run around in these items would be immensely helpful with making a decision.

I think changes like these would better inform me about what I'm purchasing and help me come to a decision that I feel good about.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this as an option-especially with dying outfits. It's not practical to find someone with the outfit and the dyes to model it for me. Although I feel like the devs would be hesitant to do this because I guess they could lose money. I wouldn't have bought one outfit if I had known what specific dyes I planned to use wouldn't look good/the way I hoped.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really love that feature too!