The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Help with Magicka DK build for Morrowind, Silks VS BSW

q.destiny.qb14_ESO
q.destiny.qb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm a fresh 160 and am currently gearing up my character for the morrowind update, and am using the following build: https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-dragonknight-build-pve/

The guise shows silks of the sun as BiS. I know up till now BSW has been the preferred 5 piece set, but is getting slightly needed with morrowind. Could anyone explain why silks of the sun would be better for this build or, if they believe BSW would be better, why that is? Thank you!

Best Answer

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did some testing last night. Compared with existing gear, full magicka enchant divines gold bsw, vs 4 mag 1 prismatic divines on small infused on big, gold Sun, so the Sun build had 2k more health. And yet, Sun won or tied consistantly. Tried with lightning backbar for offbalance, and bsw started winning, but after compensating for health with glyphs, Sun clearly won again. So, if you want to (or have to) run your own lightning wall, andddd you can sustain without witchmothers, bsw will hit harder and still meet the general 17k health req like it did last patch, but with double inferno or witchmothers you want Sun. More thorough tested is definitely needed.
    Edited by theamazingx on May 30, 2017 11:45AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constant uptime,I run both sets on one character
    Options
  • q.destiny.qb14_ESO
    q.destiny.qb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Mojmir wrote: »

If I were to use Moondancers and only run one 5 piece, would you say silks is still the better choice?
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If I were to use Moondancers and only run one 5 piece, would you say silks is still the better choice?

I have used both, they are around the same average damage, though I am at cp630+, that makes a difference, I like the health of sun, gets me over 18k but since I use a lightning staff on my back bar, sun doesn't buff that, so with the heavy from that, I lose damage.

So try both, they are pretty easy to get, buy sun or farm it, and farm for bsw on normal. Also get both grothdar and skoria, they are both great sets.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used moondancer jewels but not the 5 pc set,minor slayer is good to have.
    Options
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody using 5 light sun in PvP with their mDK?
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few reasons (just my thoughts):

* Burning Spellweave got a big nerf so the smaller difference between Sun and BSW makes the "100% - uptime" of spelldamage from Sun more attractive
    * The extra Health from Sun give us the opportunity to run e.g Withmother´s Potent Brew which increase our sustain (which is good since sustain is more difficult in Morrowind than last patch)
    * The extra Health is nice in the new trial Hall of Fabrication (HoF)
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see sun as a PvP set...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the vanity department, with Morrowind you can turn the atrocious looking Silks of the Sun staff into the Morag sting style.

100 % uptime on Sun is what sways me I generally prefer something like Julianos is Sun to BSW or scathing.
    Options