The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP Population changes since Marrowind release PC

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering what has happened to the majority of the Cyrodiil PVP population since early access started . Last patch during prime time we were able to pop lock one campaign , TF , with a queue exceeding 20 plus on weekends and weekdays prime time . With the reduction of CP campaigns I was under the impression we would have bigger queues and long wait times but it seems we have trouble locking one faction out of three on Vivec .

Could this all be from battlefields or is there that many missing players ? If it is from battlefields should we ask for lower population caps to promote fair numbers on campaigns or do you feel this will change ? I can't tell if it's from people leaving , getting into PvE instead of PVP or the new PVP content . Just wondering what others think is happening now .

This situation is on Sotha Sil as well and Amalexia seems all but abandoned wasteland . I haven't entered the under 50 campaign yet .
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch with a lot of pve content people leave pvp for a while then come back later. BG's aren't helping either. Don't get zerged in BG's.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds and leveling/questing. Cyro is still populated though, I go there to queue for battlegrounds.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are in Morrowind.

Battlegrounds are sucking other WvW players with the promise of easy AP.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt everyone has moved on to BGs because of the current issues with group finder. After multiple 3-4 hour ques, I have given up trying to get into BGs.

As far as the rest of the PVP community, it could be a combination of multiple things:

- Grinding a new warden for PVP.
    - Grinding new gear to account for non-CP/sustain nerfs
    - Playing the morrowind content
    - Spending time on the forums
    - Joining Deltia in SWTOR
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Cyro is still populated though, I go there to queue for battlegrounds.

How? Would be nice if you could do that, but at least on PC NA it doesn't seem to let me queue from Cyrodiil.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, many friends are just floating in nowhere.
    BGs don't work anyways....
    Edited by Mumyo on May 28, 2017 10:28PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds and leveling/questing. Cyro is still populated though, I go there to queue for battlegrounds.

Cyrodiil is still populated but it's very condensed between two servers and they are very slow to fill up if at all during prime time . I don't normally ever get concerned with such things during new patches but it's different then past patches . Battlefields may be the cause but as those improve so will the population of Cyrodiil decline .

When IC released we did not see the same effect as it was still apart of the Cyrodiil population , to many peoples irritation . IC is a ghost town now .

I am concerned because Cyrodiil does not do well when the main campaign can only fill one faction . It always becomes an easy playground for swapping emperorship . That's not healthy PVP .
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For like 3 weeks after 1T dropped I and many others were out farming gear and stuff. There are always fewer players in PvP when a big PvE drop happens. That's not new or exclusive to this game. Also, your opinion of a wasteland is what I call good population size. If all factions are at or near poplocked, that's a zergfest to me.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    For like 3 weeks after 1T dropped I and many others were out farming gear and stuff. There are always fewer players in PvP when a big PvE drop happens. That's not new or exclusive to this game. Also, your opinion of a wasteland is what I call good population size. If all factions are at or near poplocked, that's a zergfest to me.

You must of lost a lot of hair when ESO first released . The word Zerg has been diluted to one group now . Many of us bought ESO on the hype of epic large scale combat .
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Our group always takes a break at patch launch to test, theorycraft and grind toons + gear.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How? Would be nice if you could do that, but at least on PC NA it doesn't seem to let me queue from Cyrodiil.

You may be having the issue of needing to hit the button a hundred times, but for me it works the same inside and out.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are just farming gear, doing the Morrowind content, farming the new shiny stuff for gold, leveling Wardens, etc. They'll be back.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 29, 2017 11:09AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering what has happened to the majority of the Cyrodiil PVP population since early access started . Last patch during prime time we were able to pop lock one campaign , TF , with a queue exceeding 20 plus on weekends and weekdays prime time . With the reduction of CP campaigns I was under the impression we would have bigger queues and long wait times but it seems we have trouble locking one faction out of three on Vivec .

Could this all be from battlefields or is there that many missing players ? If it is from battlefields should we ask for lower population caps to promote fair numbers on campaigns or do you feel this will change ? I can't tell if it's from people leaving , getting into PvE instead of PVP or the new PVP content . Just wondering what others think is happening now .

This situation is on Sotha Sil as well and Amalexia seems all but abandoned wasteland . I haven't entered the under 50 campaign yet .

I think it is a combination of things, people playing the new area leveling a warden and the battlegrounds, plus I wonder how many of the so called "elite" players did not like the sustain change and left the game which was probably good for the game or are they out trying to find the best meta or latest and greatest cheat or exploit, I always figure after a large release about two to three weeks before things start to return to the normal grumbling :)
  • Ilpagliaccio
    Ilpagliaccio
    ✭✭✭
    Rising Storm 2 release tomorrow, bois
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil is still populated but it's very condensed between two servers and they are very slow to fill up if at all during prime time . I don't normally ever get concerned with such things during new patches but it's different then past patches . Battlefields may be the cause but as those improve so will the population of Cyrodiil decline .

When IC released we did not see the same effect as it was still apart of the Cyrodiil population , to many peoples irritation . IC is a ghost town now .

I am concerned because Cyrodiil does not do well when the main campaign can only fill one faction . It always becomes an easy playground for swapping emperorship . That's not healthy PVP .

Honestly, populations are typically low early in a new patch, and I would expect them to be even lower with the release of a new class that many people are leveling. I'm not really going to judge populations for at least another week.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    About population

About population and status queue: ZOS is investigating a possible exploit in group finder, when someone from a faction - outside of Cyrodiil - forms a group with others from another faction, causing certain faction loss places in the general queue balancing.

This investigation has lasted for a week. I hope you correct that.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Vivec DC/AD are struggling for population during primetime and have no que. EP however has a que of 20-50 after 8pm EST. The other factions don't even get poplocked until around 10pm est.

My guess is what a lot of other people have said, people are obsorbing the new content. Pop will be a tad low for a couple more weeks to a month. Then it will kick back up. I'm worried about the EP que will be like once it kicks back up. :/
    Edited by NACtron on May 29, 2017 9:13PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly impressed by cyro's pop, thought it would be emptier.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec are full majority of the time (3 bars OR locked). But, how i say before, we have insues in group finder. Maybe a correction next patch.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell is awesome and the PvE is good.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell is awesome and the PvE is good.

Its amazing, i love this.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You may be having the issue of needing to hit the button a hundred times, but for me it works the same inside and out.

So when the match is over, it ports you back to Cyrodiil? How about if the campaign is locked, does it kick you out?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    On Vivec DC/AD are struggling for population during primetime and have no que. EP however has a que of 20-50 after 8pm EST. The other factions don't even get poplocked until around 10pm est.

My guess is what a lot of other people have said, people are obsorbing the new content. Pop will be a tad low for a couple more weeks to a month. Then it will kick back up. I'm worried about the EP que will be like once it kicks back up. :/

You guys were pop locked at 3am last night with every scroll and almost every castle . Did you guys get five new Asia pacific guilds ?

• Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cyrodiil fails I'm out. The fast action pvp is the only thing this game has going. PvE is junk with the infinite RNG grind.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking for myself, I have been doing the PvE stuff for the last week.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We saw the same when IC was launched. Even though campaigns were poplocked, Cyrodiil was mostly empty until a few weeks into 2.1.

With that said, ZOS must invest in Cyrodiil. It's stale and, in many ways, broken. At the very least, ZOS needs to introduce new structures to fight in. Unfortunately, I think the current business model makes it difficult for ZOS to directly profit from investing in Cyrodiil.

Edited by zyk on May 31, 2017 4:25AM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Every patch with a lot of pve content people leave pvp for a while then come back later. BG's aren't helping either. Don't get zerged in BG's.

That can't be the case... I was told PvPers don't care about PvE. :p
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »

Yea this is because HAD shut down... EP was populated there they were always 2 to 3 bars during primetime and locked on the weekends sometimes... I knew that EP was going to be crowded...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the biggest problems in campaigns is the permission given by ZOS so that everyone can change from time to time and as they see fit. It is as if we see a basketball game where the losing team decides to change to the other team that is winning, leaving the coach of the team that loses, alone.

More opportunism than that, I do not know!

Beguine cry...
    Edited by Juli'St on May 31, 2017 7:15PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we've had more emperors in the last two weeks then the last two months .