The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Changes to the Daedric Summoning Line

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I decided to start a summoning sorc (probably my 20th) and noticed some odd things concerning summons. I use the Unstable Clannfear as a combined tank and distraction as it does very low damage. I was in a few battles and everything seemed normal until after battle I accidentally moused over the Clannfear and noticed it only had about 1/2 health. I waited 5 seconds then saw the same health total. No regeneration in or out of combat. Now I wonder if the Winged Twilight has the same problem.

I did notice the following from the 3.05 patch notes:

" Summon Twilight Matriarch (Summon Winged Twilight morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s heal ability could heal through walls.
Summon Volatile Familiar (Summon Unstable Familiar morph): Reduced the damage done by this morphs’ special ability by 20%."

Nowhere else in the notes did I see stopping health regeneration for summoned pets.

Am I correct or did I miss something somewhere.

Best Answers

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup they broke it with Morrowind patch :D #zospatches

Gina said they're looking into it so it does appear to be a bug that they might even fix one day(I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen before next major patch/dlc/chapter/whatever).
    Answer ✓
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I play the same way, using the clannfear as tank.

That's not the only problem, also your heavy attacks will pull him off the enemy you told him to attack (I use the Y and left click button to get him to go to the enemy).

This turns into a lot of fun when you attack a group of 3 or more enemies. I had a group of 4, and the pet was running from one to the other enemy, as my heavy attack pulled him to another enemy. Of course, by the time he got to that enemy I was already on the next one, trying to slow the melee attack which was coming for me.

After finally killing the 3 nearest to me, and my pet died twice due to health issues, and then I had to kill the first enemy my pet was assigned to. Same goes for the Warden bear.

Lots of fun.
    Answer ✓