The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ancestral Tombs Hunter - Not Awarding Achievement - Bug

Meld777
Meld777
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a bug that when you get all rubbings and turn them in, for some people one is still missing (Serano Ancestral Tomb).

The rubbing is taken, so you can't take it again. After turning it in, Librarian Bradyn removes it from your inventory, but doesn't grant the map piece. It does not reappear at the shrine, so the bug is achievement-breaking. For both people I know that have the bug it's the Serano Ancestral Tomb rubbing.

Please fix this.

P.S.: I am talking about the Serano piece, not about the very last one that is still required through a quest after the achievement is done.
Edited by Meld777 on May 28, 2017 3:13PM
Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my friends are also experiencing this. The Serano rubbing has been retrieved and handed in, but the piece is still missing and the achievement and questline cannot be progressed. Relogging does not resolve it.
    [EU PC]
  • Malevento
    Malevento
    Soul Shriven
    Goodmorning everyone;

During my last session of the game, I also tried to accomplish the Library Quest at Vivec City.
    I claim that even before I took the quest I collected all the stones scattered around Vvanderfell, after which I went to the librarian.
    After giving me the quest, the librarian took one of the stones I had picked up (now I do not remember which one), while the others in the inventory disappeared.
    Now, ancestral graves are all empty and I can not complete the quest anymore.

I hope this segnalation will help to sort out the quest as soon as possible.

PG: Zangler (@Malevento)
    Megaserver: EU
    Platform: PC Windows
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I have the same issue with the Serano rubbing.
    Looks like this is happening to others too.
    Others are having problems with other rubbings too.
    Unfortunately one can't abandon the quest and restart it.
    Disabling all add-ons and a game repair didn't solve the problem.
    I even uninstalled the game and installed it again without any result.
    Sure hope they will fix this soon.

@No_Wan
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I just finished the Ancestral Tombs Hunter quest.
    I found out that there is a Sarano tomb just South of Foyada Qaurry along the side road that is north of the lake.
    This was the one I was missing.
    There is a Serano Tomb too (NNW of Nchuleftingth Wayshrine) but that was the wrong one.
    So no bug in my specific case.
    I hope this applies to others too so hopefully they can complete the questline too.

@No_Wan
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me @Malevento . Didn't have the quest, turned them in, he only took two, now they're all gone from my inventory and I can no longer collect the rubbings and didn't get the linked quest. Every time I go back he says I need to collect the rest of them.
  • tamburello7
    tamburello7
    Soul Shriven
    I too am having this problem.
  • EnderSorceress292
    EnderSorceress292
    Soul Shriven
    I’m having this problem as well. I even used a guide (UESP’s to be exact) to make sure I’d gotten the right rubbing, and it’s still not showing that I’ve turned it in.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I just found the tomb, for what I think is the first time, but it is not available to rub and the area is still missing.