The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tips for a magsorc?

Not_Lucas
Not_Lucas
I've been playing magsorc a lot and I've not been doing very well. My shields get burned through all the time but I struggle against shield stackers.
I'm running:
5*Amber Plasm
5*Shacklebreaker
1*VMA sharp lightning but I also have an inferno precise, which one is better?
1*Resto

Endless Fury- Hardened Ward- Frag- Crushing shock- streak - Destro ult
Lightning Form- Shuffle- Crit Surge- Curse- Healing ward - Resto ult

Lightning Form/Shuffle are interchangable with harness magicka, but that and hardened ward still seem to get burned through

I'm 442 CP.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not_Lucas wrote: »
    I've been playing magsorc a lot and I've not been doing very well. My shields get burned through all the time but I struggle against shield stackers.
    I'm running:
    5*Amber Plasm
    5*Shacklebreaker
    1*VMA sharp lightning but I also have an inferno precise, which one is better?
    1*Resto

Endless Fury- Hardened Ward- Frag- Crushing shock- streak - Destro ult
    Lightning Form- Shuffle- Crit Surge- Curse- Healing ward - Resto ult

Lightning Form/Shuffle are interchangable with harness magicka, but that and hardened ward still seem to get burned through

I'm 442 CP.

Your only skill to relieve pressure is frags. You need a stun in my opinion. Swap crushing shock for destructive clench or run dawn breaker on your main bar. Also don't run shuffle. You need the stamina to break free. If they take out your shield and you're out of stamina, you're done for. Remember you can always streak away. Stam characters will sometimes burn stamina trying to sprint to you which can give you an edge in a fight. I cant even count how many times streaked away then went back into a fight with the same person and they were completely out of gas.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield size is tied to your max magicka and Bastion points If you want big shields, go 75 points into Bastion with as many max magicka set pieces as you can.

Your build is made for sustain, not giant shields. Seems like you might have copied a streamer's build without really learning the playstyle necessary to use it effectively.
  • Not_Lucas
    Not_Lucas
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Shield size is tied to your max magicka and Bastion points If you want big shields, go 75 points into Bastion with as many max magicka set pieces as you can.

Your build is made for sustain, not giant shields. Seems like you might have copied a streamer's build without really learning the playstyle necessary to use it effectively.

Gotta run sustain in this patch though, nice having the extra stamina for blocking from the new set