The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stuck in prophet's cell/Soul shriven in coldharbour

PapaGhosty
PapaGhosty
✭✭
The rift doesn't work. There's nothing to click to transition.
  • Hara_Surya
    Hara_Surya
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same problem. What makes it worse is I specifically clicked "Skip Wailing Prison" because the plot is so boring and hackney and played for three days before it was forced on me in order to play the "main quest."
  • PapaGhosty
    PapaGhosty
    ✭✭
    Yeah I did the same, otherwise I'd just start over. The hooded figure bit must break it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, that's odd. It worked fine on PTS. Usually there's nothing to click on, and you just have to jump into the rift.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP did you try to jump into the rift and see what happens? The clicking to activate it was removed several patches ago
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • PapaGhosty
    PapaGhosty
    ✭✭
    Did it? I tried jumping off the platform a bunch of times. I just feel and got ported in front of the stairs.
  • PapaGhosty
    PapaGhosty
    ✭✭
    Also, the quest updated to "Talk to the Prophet" next time I logged in without getting through the rift.
  • Hara_Surya
    Hara_Surya
    Soul Shriven
    I'm completely stuck, too. You've got to love the fact that if this was literally any other MMO I could ask a GM to fix this and the problem would be solved in five minutes but ZOS has their "no GM" policy so I'm screwed.

I also repeat that I deliberately and specifically chose "Skip Wailing Prison" but had the same trite tutorial forced on me against my explicit instruction.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hara_Surya wrote: »
    I also repeat that I deliberately and specifically chose "Skip Wailing Prison" but had the same trite tutorial forced on me against my explicit instruction.
    There is no "Skip Wailing Prison" option. There is a "Skip Tutorial" option, and if you have Morrowind, the Wailing Prison is no longer the tutorial, so cannot be skipped.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Lakopepi
    Lakopepi
    Soul Shriven

I,m stuck too. Dont work /reloadui, relog(waiting half hour) , disable addon.
    This is a main quest, i cant abadon or teleport out.
    I'm lv 24 warden, finished vvardenfell,stros,benikth, and i cant continue the game.

Molag Bal wons , i cant leave the prison.
  • Hara_Surya
    Hara_Surya
    Soul Shriven
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There is no "Skip Wailing Prison" option. There is a "Skip Tutorial" option, and if you have Morrowind, the Wailing Prison is no longer the tutorial, so cannot be skipped.

So in other words you're saying a massive bug is a "feature"...?

How Microsoft of you...

And I mean old-school 1990s Gates and Ballmer Microsoft. The modern Nadella's Microsoft might actually fix it...

Also, the dialog I clicked said, "Skip Wailing Prison." Just because the tutorial changed and the UI wasn't updated doesn't mean I didn't mean to skip it. If I'm going to be forced to play the same, trite tutorial that was the single most panned part of the original game's storyline I might as well not play.

Think about it, an MMO where you're the "Chosen One" to save the world? Really? Me out of how many millions of other Players and I and I alone am the "Chosen One" despite every other player seeing the exact same story. Even for single player it's getting old and critics made fun of that in Skyrim.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the beta days when you could fall down into the pit under the "rift" and were stuck there.

There was one particular beta stress test weekend where half the testers ended up stuck down there all weekend with no way out.
    unsure.gif
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Also, the dialog I clicked said, "Skip Wailing Prison." Just because the tutorial changed and the UI wasn't updated doesn't mean I didn't mean to skip it. If I'm going to be forced to play the same, trite tutorial that was the single most panned part of the original game's storyline I might as well not play.
    What dialog? After creating a character, you get a pop-up that says "Skip Tutorial: You have played through the tutorial with a previous character. You may choose to play through it again with <PCName> or skip it." I know I suggested in the PTS forums that the option to skip the Wailing Prison shouldn't be removed, and could be added to the dialogue choices when you meet The Benefactor, but they hadn't implemented that by the end of PTS. If they have now added that option to the dialogue, then yes, that would be a bug. If they haven't, then my point still stands; skipping the tutorial does exactly what it says. It skips the tutorial, nothing else. Maybe I should pull that thread out of the PTS forum and recreate it here...
  • Lakopepi
    Lakopepi
    Soul Shriven
    Hi!

With morrowind update changed the tutorial(in vvardenfell). There is a "Skip Tutorial" option, and if you have Morrowind, the Wailing Prison is no longer the tutorial, so cannot be skipped.

I have written gamesupport, make a sreenshoot, and they helped me (move out from prison).

Hopefully they will repair this in future.