Roleplay profile addon

Shir0kami
Shir0kami
Okay, first of all I must mention I know very little about addon making. However, I used to spend a lot of time in WoW as a roleplayer, and I loved how popular RP addons worked - ones such as TRP, MRP and such. Idea behind them was to allow each player to create some sort of a profile of your character with more information than basic game would allow you to - informations as name, surname, place of birth, age, race, class, etc. etc.

Anyway, my question here is following: is there any similar addon, or is it even possible to make such in ESO? As much as I dug, I couldn't find anything alike. I spoke to friends as well and from what I was told, there is a trouble with enabling addons to "communicate" and share data (as in, send profile to each other) - but I don't know if it's the case, or is there some other underlying problem?

So, is there such addon, is it even possible to make it..? Thanks in advance!
  • LordSylvestrion
    This should have gotten more attention. There is none it seems. And there should be.
  • Shir0kami
    Shir0kami
    Bumping this after a long, long time. Have there been any updates to such addon?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you use the same sort of addons that guild advertisers use to post their messages?
    Having used neither of these, I make no guarantees about whether or how well they work.

This one let's you make adverts for chat: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info867-DeomesChatAdverts.html
    This looks like it will let you store messages to be put in chat? http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1644-RPFlagger.html
  • Shir0kami
    Shir0kami
    Advert one would be of no benefit as it doesn't store data other players can see (such as job, race, age...) unless it's copy pasted, and if it is, it's as good as being written manually. What I had in mind was more like tooltip upon moving mouse over another player and seeing informations in the tooltip.

I suppose RPFlagger is closest thing I saw to WoW's TRP, though ammount of data it can store is very limited, and it is very slow to update, plus it has limitation of requiring to be in the same guild with another user.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a really neat thing for someone that is not me to make and it would be a boon to the roleplay community, that's for sure!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a really neat thing for someone that is not me to make and it would be a boon to the roleplay community, that's for sure!

I definitely want this
  • Shir0kami
    Shir0kami
    I believe many do - however question is if such thing can even be made to work in ESO.

As WoW roleplayer, I learned a bit about how addons operate there. Basically, there is hidden chat channel used for addon communication, and that is how addons transfer data between them. For example, if my addon stated my profession was lumberjack, once you would mouseover my character, my addon would send such message over said hidden channel to yours, so you could see it.

Problem is, there is probably no support for such addon communication. I'm saying probably, not certainly, as I don't really know what is the situation in ESO regarding addons... but if such thing could be made, it would be amazing.
  • Dolnor
    Dolnor
    ✭✭✭
    SInce most of the RP I've seen take place in ESO has been in stationary situations (in buildings, at locales, etc.), the UI would be allow quick access to all physical and text emotes...while allowing normal freedom-of-movement.

Possibly grouping emotes in rows around the outside of the screen based on physical or only text, then sub-categories of emotes.

Yes, you would still be able to hover/mouse-over standard elements to "break immersion". But most RP'ers can refrain from doing so. RP-ing takes a certain skill of restraint and wisdom.

TQQdles™