The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Viable "Dark lord" builds?

energyy151
Hi Im pretty much a newb btw ^_^. I have been searching around for a bit, but didnt find annything thats not very outdated. Im not sure if any egsist, but are there any viable builds that use heavy armor for either sorcerer or nightblade(preferably nightblade)? I always focus on setting a sort of theme for my character :P. This time I want to be like some dark lord as in a heavy armor wearing dark magic user, for the visuals of heavy armor and "evil" looking ability animations(for me its mostly nightblade and sorcerer animations). I know that wearing 2 pieces of heavy would give a somewhat heavy look but its simply not enough for what Im going for (want either 5 or the full 7 parts to be heavy). So are there any viable heavy armor builds for nightblade or sorcerer? By viable I mean that Im not gonna really compete with others trying to be one of the best, but I just want it to be viable enough so that Im not gonna be hated by others in the group when Im doing a dungeon ^_^.

TLDR - any heavy armor nightblade or sorcerer builds that are good enough that my group members wont hate me while doing dungeons?
Edited by energyy151 on May 27, 2017 7:05PM

Best Answer

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for PVP heavy armour is completley viable

for most dungeons tanking in heavy armour - using any class is completley viable (as long as you understand the mechanics)

dealing damage in heavy armour for most normal dungeons is more than adequate for either mag or stam

search sap tank for night blades - the builds may need to be tweaked a little for morrowind update but should still allow you to deal reasonable damage while tanking (in both dungeons & PvP)

for a sorcerer i would recomend necropotence jewelry, belt & weapon (this is a dropped set found in rivenspire) the belt will not effect the overall look of your heavy armour build and the passives will help you out (this does involve using a pet)
    you can then use a crafted set - which means you can choose how it looks, and have it made heavy, there are lots of different sets, all of which will benefit you in one way or a another
    search for eso crafted sets and you will be able to look at all the different options available and choose something that you feel would best suit your aim

Edited by bebynnag on May 28, 2017 7:48AM
    Answer ✓
  • energyy151
    BTW would be happy with the build being either dps or tank, as long as it wears heavy armor and uses dark-ish animations :)
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    ^ It's DPS btw, lemme know if u want a PvP build for stamblade
  • energyy151
    Sarato wrote: »

Soo, you mean if I just changed the armor from mostly medium to mostly heavy on that build it would still be viable?
    Edited by energyy151 on May 28, 2017 7:31AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps necropotence is a magic set, so it will help you is you make a mag DD or a mag tank - not if you make a stam DD or stam tank
    Edited by bebynnag on May 28, 2017 7:51AM
  • energyy151
    K, ty, gonna go heavy armor magicka nightblade :)
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    energyy151 wrote: »
    Sarato wrote: »

Soo, you mean if I just changed the armor from mostly medium to mostly heavy on that build it would still be viable?

Try it out.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you enjoy :D