Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stamina Cleave-Focus DPS Build, Nightblade

Bladerunner1
Bladerunner1
✭✭✭✭
This build has shifted to dual wield because of the Clockwork City changes, though I still list the 2H build as a solo option. The AOE damage provided by the 2H forceful passive has been reduced, and might even be broken to uselessness when used with Relequen.

https://image.ibb.co/fg2Pco/2_H_Bow_AOE.png

The accumulated time spent fighting trash mobs in a dungeon can be pretty significant in a Vet DLC dungeon, but each of those fights are generally short, about 5-10 seconds when using this build. If the the front bar weapons are comprised of Mechanical Acuity or Ravager (retraited jewelry to infused)) or Briarheart, then the set will be a controllable and powerful proc for dealing with waves of adds. A Stamblade can wait for the right time to move into a wave of adds, then switch weapons to the front bar and gain a burst of strong damage.

12 seconds of combat time w/ Acuity:
LoeUF4B5Sayd6G9pelV34A.png
Spriggan's, Kragh's + Mechanical Acuity, 12 seconds of combat

I'd still recommend 2H for dungeon runs where extra survival is needed against a giant group of mobs, like when players have low CP or they're running without a tank or healer. The 2H build is still listed below the dual wield spec.

Here's a snapshot of the same 12 second time frame, using the same skills as shown above with a 2H Mechanical Acuity weapon:
eHFhWEA2Q_iFBa7Y4jT8Cw.png
Spriggan's, Kragh's + 2H Mechanical Acuity, 12 seconds of combat

Accounting for 18k penetration is important when selecting gear. Dont forget you can use lover mundus and piercing CP's. I suggest maces for Acuity and 2H builds, they're pretty good when dealing with AOE scenarios. So many penetration debuffs offered by a group are applied to one target at a time.

Dual Wield Setup
Item Sets
Armor sets: Mechanical acuity, War Machine, Ravager, Twice Fang Serpent, Briarheart, Spriggan's, Vicious Ophedian - for good sustain
Head, Shoulder: 2x Veledrith or Kragh's
Weapon Bar 1: Mechanical Acuity Nirn Mace / Infused Mace (axe/sword if group is offering both minor fracture and Alkosh) or go with daggers when using any other set.
Weapon Bar 2: Sharpened Maelstrom Bow (Nirn for large groups using extra penetration debuffs)

Glyphs
Armor: Divines & Stamina Glyphs
Jewelry: Nirn & Weapon Damage Glyphs
Weapon Bar 1: Poison Glyph / Weapon Damage Glyph
Weapon Bar 2: Disease or crafted Poison

Skill Arrangement for using Dropped Green Potions

Weapon Bar 1
Deadly Cloak - 5 meter radius DOT / 25% AOE damage reduction that lasts 15 seconds.
Power Extraction - 8 meter radius burst AOE damage that gives Nightblades Major Brutality. Major Brutality adds around 10% to overall damage and this skill can be substituted in place of crafted power potions.
[Alternate] Use Shrouded Daggers if preferred, it will provide Major Brutality and strike up to three targets if they are each standing within 5 meters of each other in a connect-the-dots style attack.
Surprise Attack - single target burst damage that debufs an enemy with major fracture for 20 seconds. It's a great spam skill for single target DPS.
Relentless Focus - for the minor berserk and endurance, It's a good skill to boost all types of DPS. It procs Scourge for free 3-times for -TONS- of DPS if you can weave light attacks quickly enough.
Killer's Blade - Powerful Execute. Very powerful if spammed while th3 proc sets are active.
Soul Harvest - This skill would typically be on the bar that yields the most kills if you want to spam loads of ultimates, like flawless dawnbreaker, on the back bar. There's more single target DPS to be had by slotting this on the back bar and moving flawless dawnbreaker to the front bar.

Weapon Bar 2
Endless hail
- 10 seconds, 20 damage ticks to everything within a 5 meter radius, it adds up to a significant portion of the overall AOE DPS.
Razor Caltrops - 12 second DOT applied across an 8 meter radius.
Poison Injection - Strong DOT for single target situations.
[Alternate] Acid Spray - If you want more cleave, this now has big AOE damage from a combined direct 20m radius spray and an improved 6 second DOT.
Rearming trap - for the minor force buff and a good, cheap DOT.
Leeching Strikes - For the Stamina management. [Alternate] Mirage/Double Take for more survivability
Flawless Dawnbreaker - Strong AOE damage, passively buffs weapon damage, spam this any time you can to demolish trash mobs with ease. (Soul harvest could go here as an alternative for lining up the mechanical acuity proc in high single target damage)

Skill Arrangement When Using Crafted Power Potions

Weapon Bar 1
Deadly Cloak - 5 meter radius DOT / 25% AOE damage reduction that lasts 15 seconds.
Steel Tornado- 9 meter radius burst AOE damage with an execute component.
Surprise Attack - single target burst damage that debufs an enemy with major fracture for 20 seconds. It's a great spam skill for single target DPS.
Relentless Focus - for the minor berserk and endurance, It's a good skill to boost all types of DPS. It procs Scourge for free 2-times for -TONS- of DPS if you can weave light attacks quickly enough.
Killer's Blade - Powerful Execute. Very powerful if spammed while proc sets are active.
Soul Harvest - This skill would typically be on the bar that yields the most kills if you want to spam loads of ultimates, like flawless dawnbreaker, on the back bar. There's more single target DPS to be had by slotting this on the back bar and moving flawless dawnbreaker to the front bar.

Weapon Bar 2
Endless hail - 10 seconds, 20 damage ticks to everything within a 5 meter radius, it adds up to a significant portion of the overall AOE DPS.
[Alternate] Acid Spray - If you want more cleave, this now has big AOE damage from a combined direct 20m radius spray and an improved 6 second DOT.
Leeching Strikes - For the Stamina management. [Alternate] Mirage/Double Take for more survivability
Flawless Dawnbreaker - Strong AOE damage, passively buffs weapon damage, spam this any time you can to demolish trash mobs with ease. (Soul harvest could go here as an alternative for lining up high single target damage)

Two hand
Item Sets
Armor sets: Mechanical acuity, War Machine, Ravager, Twice Fang Serpent, Briarheart, Spriggan's, Vicious Ophedian - for good sustain
Head, Shoulder: 2x Veledrith or Kragh's
Weapon Bar 1: Sharpened Maul (sword or axe if Alkosh and minor fracture are supplied)
Weapon Bar 2: Sharpened Maelstrom Bow (Nirn for large groups using extra penetration debuffs)

Glyphs
Armor: Stamina
Jewelry: Weapon Damage
Weapon Bar 1: Weapon Damage Buff
Weapon Bar 2: Disease or Poison Damage

Food
Dubious Camoran

If you choose to wear Ravager: make sure to retrait jewelry to infused or use Lava Foot Soup and Saltrice, +4575 Stamina, +457 Stamina regen.

Stats
All points in stamina, perhaps OCD non-Imperials would add 2 points into health to see 17k health on their bow bar.

Potions

Cheap, green Stamina Regen Potions. Major Brutality and Major Savagery are covered by skills.

Skill Arrangement for More AOE DPS
a0dd820034f9448eaa0210c79d91fba4.png

Weapon Bar 1

Brawler - 7 meter cone damage / DOT / damage shield. It offers a similar function to Rending Slashes and Deadly Cloak, only now it's a massive cone damage and shield buff. People are always saying Nightblades are squishy, but the big shield from this skill makes it easier to survive through little mistakes like standing in the red. It procs the Ravager and Acuity set very often.
Power Extraction - 8 meter radius burst AOE damage that gives Nightblades Major Brutality. It procs the Ravager and Acuity set very often.
Surprise Attack - single target burst damage that debufs an enemy with major fracture for 20 seconds. It's a great spam skill for single target DPS. Procs Ravager & Acuity sets.
Relentless Focus - for the minor berserk and endurance, It's a good skill to boost all types of DPS.
Reverse Slice - The biggest AOE DPS finishing move in the game, it provides up to 300% extra damage to enemies below 50% health, based on missing health, while splash damaging all who stand within a 5 meter radius of the target with 65% of the damage. So use this on low health targets, enemies standing around you with full health will be cut in half by this skill. It functions like killers blade and procs the Ravager set very often.

Weapon Bar 2
Endless hail - 10 seconds, 20 damage ticks to everything within a 5 meter radius, it adds up to a significant portion of the overall AOE DPS. It procs Briarheart more than anything else.
Razor Caltrops - 12 second DOT applied across an 8 meter radius. This also procs Briarheart.
[Alternate] Acid Spray - If you want more cleave, this now has big AOE damage from a combined direct 20m radius spray and a new and improved 6 second DOT.
Leeching Strikes - After much testing, this skill seems to provide my Bosmer with just enough stamina to eliminate the need for heavy attacks to recharge. It offers good healing as well. 2- H kills boost Regen, and heavy attacks seem to be inefficient on a Stamblade when single target DPS is the goal.
Flawless Dawnbreaker - strong AOE damage, spam this any time you can to demolish trash mobs with ease.

Skill Arrangement for More Single Target DPS
Weapon Bar 1
Rearming Trap - For the minor force buff and a good, cheap DOT. Also lifts weapon damage on this weapon bar another 3%.
Relentless Focus - This will give you Hemorrhage on this bar since Soul harvest is moved to the other bar. It now procs Scourge for free 3-times for -TONS- of DPS if you can weave light attacks quickly enough.
Surprise Attack - Single target burst damage that debufs an enemy with major fracture for 20 seconds. It's a great spam skill for single target DPS. Procs Ravager set.
Expert Hunter - Major Savagery, that's pretty much the only reason to slot this here. 2-handed weapons need all the crit they can get.
Killer's Blade - It was nerfed somewhat with Morrowind, but still deals good damage.
Flawless Dawnbreaker - Buffs the 2-hand weapon bar Weapon damage another 8%.

Weapon Bar 2

Endless hail - 10 seconds, 20 damage ticks to everything within a 5 meter radius, it adds up to a significant portion of the overall AOE DPS.
Power Extraction - 8 meter radius burst AOE damage that gives Nightblades Major Brutality. It's about 30% cheaper than steel tornado and does more damage initially, all great reasons to slot this skill.
Leeching Strikes - After much testing, this skill seems to provide my Bosmer with just enough stamina to eliminate the need for heavy attacks to recharge. 2- H heavy attacks are inefficient on a Stamblade when single target DPS is the goal.
Soul Harvest - 6 second buff that lifts all damage quite a bit.

Skill Rotation - AOE Setup
Flip on enemy health bars, it will show you who to hit with reverse slice. The rest of the time do what you would do with a dual wield setup. Continue to use caltrops and endless hail as always.
Use power extraction instead of steel tornado. Dawnbreaker will be ready at least once with every dungeon pull. Light attack weave on anything all the time for the 2-H forceful passive. Heavy attack with 2-H to regain stamina and slam everything around you with a massive forceful. Use reverse slice in place of killers blade, Brawler in place of Rending slashes. All three sets (Kragh's, Ravager and Briarheart) will proc continuously with no issues as you swap back and forth between weapon bars and hit a few mobs around you. It's easy to get 20k+ dps per secondary target around you if you hit low health enemies.

Skill Rotation - Arrangement for More Single Target DPS
Maybe I should rephrase that to "Cheap", high single target DPS.

After extensive testing, I found that Power/Crit pots don't really lift single target DPS for a Stamblade with a 2-hand weapon beyond just a few percent. There just aren't that many useful Stamina DOT skills to add to the bar in place of Expert Hunter and Power Extraction.

This single target setup would be optimized with 5xTFS/ War Machine Greatsword +4 other War Machine pieces / Maelstrom Bow / Veledrith. Or go in with high weapon damage sets like Automaton, Hundings or Ravager & Kragh's + any sharpened bow for lower 30's kDPS self-buffed. There's plenty of damage for any content, even with non-optimized gear and no power pots.

2H bar: Buff with Relentless focus, swap bars
Bow bar: LA+ Caltrops, LA + Endless hail, LA+ Power Extraction, LA+ Poison Injection, LA+Leeching Strikes (use once every two rotations)
2H bar: LA+Relentless Focus (Hit with free scourge), LA + Rearming trap, LA + Surprise attack, LA + Surprise Attack, LA + Surprise Attack, LA + Relentless Focus (Hit with free scourge buffed), LA + Relentless Focus (Reset), swap bars.

Replace surprise attack with Killers Blade when enemy health dips to 25%. Make sure to use Poison injection at least when the boss's health is 50%. Heavy attacks aren't needed for my Bosmer, though they might be needed for non-stamina regen races or low CP characters.
Edited by Bladerunner1 on July 3, 2018 4:30PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't run 2 give piece sets, and a monster set while using a two hander.

So no 7th legion/Sprigga/Hulking + Ravager/Alchemist + Velidreth/Selene combos for example

Which leaves one with builds that mingle 5 piece bonuses like using marksman/hawk eye on your bow bar and switching to 2hder to bring up ravager. Or running clever alch on your 2 weapon bar and hoping the lag doesn't screw up your potion rotation.

EDIT: Missed the proposed build due to typing on phone. Derp khajiit done derped.
    Edited by Telel on May 29, 2017 11:30PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is very interesting as a stamblade who uses steel tornado a lot, both in PvE and PvP. Thanks for posting.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valwe wrote: »
    This is very interesting as a stamblade who uses steel tornado a lot, both in PvE and PvP. Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Telel wrote: »
    You can't run 2 give piece sets, and a monster set while using a two hander.

So no 7th legion/Sprigga/Hulking + Ravager/Alchemist + Velidreth/Selene combos for example

Which leaves one with builds that mingle 5 piece bonuses like using marksman/hawk eye on your bow bar and switching to 2hder to bring up ravager. Or running clever alch on your 2 weapon bar and hoping the lag doesn't screw up your potion rotation.

EDIT: Missed the proposed build due to typing on phone. Derp khajiit done derped.

It's almost too good to be true seeing the Briarheart's weapon damage buff active after swapping to a Ravager 2-hand. I was holding my breath on this build but decided to own up to it and call it released. If the sets are broken then I'll switch out the sets for something else, but for now I'll stick with 5-piece Ravager / Briarheart / Kragh's. The extra weapon damage seems to lift the 2-hand forceful passive quite a bit.

Here's how additional weapon damage changes things with a forceful 2-H build:
    Standard build setup: 3150 weapon damage gives approximately 6.7k crit LA and 11.5 crit HA
    High weapon damage setup: 5200 weapon damage gives approximately 10.2k crit LA and 18.7k crit HA

I focused on weapon damage rather than physical penetration since you don't need much more than 10-11k pen. to defeat droves of dungeon mobs.

Stamblades seem to benefit the most from a two hand build because they already have a skill that's very similar in size and damage to steel tornado.

Here's a breakdown of the self-buffed AOE damage I've been logging:

a0dd820034f9448eaa0210c79d91fba4.png
    Forceful and reverse slice center around your target and spread out 5 meters.

Each secondary target standing in the blue circle received 14k-23k sustained dps, depending on whether I was using reverse slice on a low heath target or cycling through brawler/ power extraction / hail / caltrops / relentless / rearming trap on a high-health target.

Each secondary target standing between the purple circle and blue circle received approximately 8k dps, less when I was using reverse slice / recasting hail / etc.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 31, 2017 5:45PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kind of think that Rally > Power extraction.

The assassination passive triggers major savagery whenever you crit so i don't think you need that either.

I'd consider automation + hundings rage and kragh's shoulder.

I have just been casually. Ambush, brawler caltrops, reverse slicing my way through trash.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I updated the suggestions in the build above to include accounting for 18k physical penetration.

There's also a suggestion for a single target DPS build that lifts weapon damage significantly while maintaining the Hemorrhage passive.

I'll take any suggestions on how to improve the build or the rotation, so far I've been hitting with more dps than ever and I'm sure it can go higher.
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I kind of think that Rally > Power extraction.

The assassination passive triggers major savagery whenever you crit so i don't think you need that either.

I'd consider automation + hundings rage and kragh's shoulder.

I have just been casually. Ambush, brawler caltrops, reverse slicing my way through trash.

You're right, Automaton+ Hundings would most likely beat Ravager+ Briarheart in 1x1 single target fighting. But I kind of prefer to have 3 set bonuses that frequently proc with many adds around me. After 3 years dual wielding on my Stamblade, I love seeing a change where additional trash mobs actually make my character hit that much harder and melt everything away more quickly. The worst dungeon fights for me were always boss fights that went out of control with too many adds pouring in and causing my resources to drain more quickly. Adapting and overcoming with my DW setup meant reducing damage to gain more resource regen. That frustration led to this build.

I'm really aiming for a group dungeon build, assuming that I'm grouped with a healer. So the major brutality from an AOE skill is my preference. Major savagery and minor savagery taken together hits pretty hard, it makes a two hand weapon dangerous when used by a nightblade. I read somewhere that assassination passives trigger minor savagery.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on June 12, 2017 3:31PM
  • TomStaf11
    TomStaf11
    Thanks for letting me know about this on other thread, seems great. Gonna give it a try tomorrow. 5.2k weapon damage as well wtf! :open_mouth: What's stam recovery like?
    Ingame GT: TS 11 11 94
    Xbox One EU
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    TomStaf11 wrote: »
    What's stam recovery like?

I use lavafoot soup, it comes with more stamina recovery and stamina than Dubious Camoran. If there wasn't already 17k health because of the jewelry, I'd use Dubious Camoran. I've got a CP 630 Bosmer with racial passive stam recovery and CPs in Stam recovery and I still need a heavy attack in my rotation to regain some stamina. Without that it might take a couple heavy attacks every other rotation, but heavy attacking with this build does a whole lot of free AOE damage to make up for the wait time.
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    Nice writeup. I myself have been using two handed in pve because of all the glitching and lag from heavy attack weaving dual wield abilities that made dw absolutely unplayable for me. (still don't know if they ever fixed that yet)

I really like it though in morrowind. The buffing they deed to 2h cleave damage is working well I think. Anyways, I think I'm going to try a similar setup to what you posted making for a more powerful aoe setup. Mainly because having played dw for so long I need to be able to aoe stuff down like I used to.

Plus two handed heavy atacks look so damn cool, am I right? Lol. You get that sweet cut in the air when you swing and they are noticeably quicker for me now that they increased their attack speed a bit.

But yeah man, nice build.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    After spending some time testing out the mundus change / sharpened nerf on the PTS, it looks like there's some positive change for stamina DPS. Sharpened may be weaker, but there are more options opening up to get the stats that work best with whatever build you may have. There's more options to get Crit rating, physical penetration and weapon damage, and they're balanced better than before.

The AOE dps build mentioned above seems fine since it's possible to drop Kragh and pick up Veledrith for an injection of weapon damage. I tried out 5x Ravaging (3 jewelry + sharpened maul + chest), 5x hundings, sharpened Maelstrom bow, with 1 pc Veledrith, Lover and a bit more into Piercing to reach 18k penetration.

Here are the 2H results with cheap potions, tested on 4 target skeletons standing within a 5m circle:
    xJ56L3bvRieRmO1hp7YGkg.png

Power Extraction Spam:
    W20Ejlv_RXO07kpATlUUng.png

Reverse Slice Spam (Execute range):
    9Wrdup9gSkSAkHUv_HZBYg.png

Dual Wield with cheap potions as a comparison:
    R3KncNBLRxKldCo7W6qOTg.png

There's still more to try out, but as far as using cheap potions goes it looks like a Stamblade equipped with 2H is still ~ 12% less single target DPS and ~ 35-150% more AOE DPS.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on July 17, 2017 3:42PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Updated with the latest changes from CWC.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what your point is but I personally would rather have better Single Target with decent AoE and spend 1-2 extra minutes (if even that) killing trash then an extra 10-20 minutes trying to kill a boss with an AOE build. Unless your intention was to switch between DW/Bow for Bosses and 2H/Bow for trash. It’s a decent concept but in my opinion, i’d rather run two 5 piece sets and a monster set. Let me know if I missed anything you said. But like mentioned earlier, it’s a neat concept, probably viable in some way but it seems slightly inefficient to run in boss fights.

Edit: I reread and noticed that you mentioned it was moved from 2H to dual wield. I still think that it would take longer on Bosses unless you swap gear and skills. But doing that in a group can be challenging if you don’t have an add on to immediately swap, cuz as far as I know, if someone Aggros you can’t equip items(?), that might have changed or maybe it only applies to skills. Like I said though it is a great concept, reminds me of the MagBlade I saw burn through all of Darkshade Vet when I was new. He ran 5 Julianos, 3 willpower with proxy det, nerenith, and impulsing trash mobs into oblivion in 2 seconds. It was amazing, before proxy det got nerfed hard :(
    Edited by Valykc on October 30, 2017 11:41AM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    I see what your point is but I personally would rather have better Single Target with decent AoE and spend 1-2 extra minutes (if even that) killing trash then an extra 10-20 minutes trying to kill a boss with an AOE build. Unless your intention was to switch between DW/Bow for Bosses and 2H/Bow for trash. It’s a decent concept but in my opinion, i’d rather run two 5 piece sets and a monster set. Let me know if I missed anything you said. But like mentioned earlier, it’s a neat concept, probably viable in some way but it seems slightly inefficient to run in boss fights.

Edit: I reread and noticed that you mentioned it was moved from 2H to dual wield. I still think that it would take longer on Bosses unless you swap gear and skills. But doing that in a group can be challenging if you don’t have an add on to immediately swap, cuz as far as I know, if someone Aggros you can’t equip items(?), that might have changed or maybe it only applies to skills. Like I said though it is a great concept, reminds me of the MagBlade I saw burn through all of Darkshade Vet when I was new. He ran 5 Julianos, 3 willpower with proxy det, nerenith, and impulsing trash mobs into oblivion in 2 seconds. It was amazing, before proxy det got nerfed hard :(

Yes it's a dual wield build now, I'm close to 40kDPS single target, or it would be more with skilled hands.

With 2H I was getting 35kDPS single target, but the AOE was a lot higher to make up for it pre-Horns of the Reach when Sharpened took a hit and Clockwork City when forceful damage was reduced.

This is a build made to lift AOE a lot while still getting good single target, and no need to swap out skills.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it's a dual wield build now, I'm close to 40kDPS single target, or it would be more with skilled hands.

With 2H I was getting 35kDPS single target, but the AOE was a lot higher to make up for it pre-Horns of the Reach when Sharpened took a hit and Clockwork City when forceful damage was reduced.

This is a build made to lift AOE a lot while still getting good single target, and no need to swap out skills.

Well hot damn, I’ll shut my mouth then ;) ... nice job!
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on PvP applications? In Cyrodiil, most stamblades currently focus on single target, while magblades sometimes play the roll of AoE damage dealers in larger groups using Sap Essence and EotS. I wonder if stamblades have underappreciated potential for AoE damage in PvP as well.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bladerunner1 , thank you. This build , explanation and tutorial is very good. Also explains something I had not considered that I have been using A staff on the fron bar and 2 one handers (Axe & Sword, sharpend) on the back bar. When I switch to the back bar my physical and spell damage goes way up, then I switch back to front bar only to help sustain using life draining magic and bone shield.

I may not be a 690 cp yet and only now just learning I can farm certain dungeons for some real gold in order to buy these sets, I just need to do it a lot quicker. I have enough cp now that my build is very strong but like I said in my thread I truly feel I'm not reaching my NB's full potential. I love running trials, love going in to normal random queue'd dungeons and love going in participating in Vet undaunted.

The feeling I get helping others get through these feels like an awesome rush. I also built mine right now that it's a bit tanky so when someone dies I can rez them, take damage and self heal by my armor set if I drop below 30, I'll go right back up to about 70 to 80% health. But that only procs like once every minute. That and using vigor helps heal the group when the actual healers aren't up to par, but mostly because tank didn't think to pull other monsters on him.

And like you said, in trash mobs with high health monsters spamming DOT's it can be hard for someone that got hit by poison clouds and electricity DOT's and I find myself running over to them and spamming vigor to heal them before they die. And I rather not do that. I rather reach my potential in DPS and kill these things quickly so that less experienced squishy group members that don't know well enough to get out of the red circle of death won't have to live that experience and get saved only to be yelled at by an angry game player.

I book marked your thread and will reference it as I get money/gold to purchase these sets.

Thank you, I appreciate this. Oh, I'm also going right now to switch my bars first and foremost to have my dual wield weapons on the front bar as we speak as I slowly make my way up to this level :-)
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Any thoughts on PvP applications? In Cyrodiil, most stamblades currently focus on single target, while magblades sometimes play the roll of AoE damage dealers in larger groups using Sap Essence and EotS. I wonder if stamblades have underappreciated potential for AoE damage in PvP as well.

The only way I can see Power Extraction's utility in PVP is when you play 2H and want to contribute the widest-area AOE and hit a large zerg all at once, but that would take a very dedicated bunch of heals for survivability. Brawler could be nice, but the shield might evaporate before you could recast it again.

With dual wield in PVP, Power Extraction is overshadowed by steel tornado, even without major brutality active. My favorite AOE/Major Brutality buff skill in PVP has to be shrouded daggers for the big ranged impact. Power Extraction has a place in dungeons where you use ground AOE abilities and fight half a dozen mobs around every corner, and don't want to waste power pots on them.
    chaz wrote: »
    @Bladerunner1 , thank you. This build , explanation and tutorial is very good. Also explains something I had not considered that I have been using A staff on the fron bar and 2 one handers (Axe & Sword, sharpend) on the back bar. When I switch to the back bar my physical and spell damage goes way up, then I switch back to front bar only to help sustain using life draining magic and bone shield.

I may not be a 690 cp yet and only now just learning I can farm certain dungeons for some real gold in order to buy these sets, I just need to do it a lot quicker. I have enough cp now that my build is very strong but like I said in my thread I truly feel I'm not reaching my NB's full potential. I love running trials, love going in to normal random queue'd dungeons and love going in participating in Vet undaunted.

The feeling I get helping others get through these feels like an awesome rush. I also built mine right now that it's a bit tanky so when someone dies I can rez them, take damage and self heal by my armor set if I drop below 30, I'll go right back up to about 70 to 80% health. But that only procs like once every minute. That and using vigor helps heal the group when the actual healers aren't up to par, but mostly because tank didn't think to pull other monsters on him.

And like you said, in trash mobs with high health monsters spamming DOT's it can be hard for someone that got hit by poison clouds and electricity DOT's and I find myself running over to them and spamming vigor to heal them before they die. And I rather not do that. I rather reach my potential in DPS and kill these things quickly so that less experienced squishy group members that don't know well enough to get out of the red circle of death won't have to live that experience and get saved only to be yelled at by an angry game player.

I book marked your thread and will reference it as I get money/gold to purchase these sets.

Thank you, I appreciate this. Oh, I'm also going right now to switch my bars first and foremost to have my dual wield weapons on the front bar as we speak as I slowly make my way up to this level :-)

Glad you liked it! Reaching the biggest DPS potential would very likely require stacking full stamina / weapon damage / physical penetration stats or full magicka / spell damage / spell penetration stats. I also played my nightblade as a tank with dps and heals for a while, it was fun and easy to survive basically anything. But stacking the stats all to one side and using skills of one type really pushes DPS numbers quite a lot.

If you go with a full blown magicka style of gameplay, the AOE is amazing while spreading lots of heals to the group. A full blown Stamina build can also demolish large groups of mobs and deals the highest self buffed single target damage. The top post offers tips on pushing higher AOE as a stamina build that uses a bow on the back bar, it can honestly be a little harder to survive at first as you get used to playing without much healing besides vigor.

I have the 2-H build listed below the dual wield build for fights against a big group of mobs that require lots of survivability, like Skyreach. Brawler is the best thing for fighting and soloing hoards of weak mobs.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on November 14, 2017 10:13PM