Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[PC] Inventory Bug with gamepad interface

engramz
engramz
✭✭
I posted this in the PC support section but thought I should also post it here:

I use the gamepad interface and have been experiencing some inventory bugs since Morrowind. Someimes when I deposit items in my bank they are mislabeled. I only noticed the issue once I started using the extra bank space provided for subs. I also think at least one item has completely disappeared but of course I have no evidence of that.

I have tried to raise in-game bug reports but they have been met with a series of automated responses advising me that the matter will be considered resolved unless I reply again with more details - despite already doing that for the previous automated response.

Since I belong to a very small minority of players (using a controller on pc) I understand why my issue might be considered low priority. However, if this problem translates to consoles with Morrowind console launch there is going to be a lot of unhappy customers.

Here I am looking at what appears as a Rattlecage Helm in the list of items in my bank but reveals itself as an Inferno Staff of the Noble Dualist in the details pane. I could link many other examples.

xb1d0slgexft.png

edit: re-logging or reloading ui will often fix the problem.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me as well. I'm in your position: on PC but using the gamepad beta. For me not only do I see these mixed-up items, but frequently I also encounter a related bug where items that I've just deposited don't show up on the "Withdraw" page at all, which makes it very hard to get an accurate handle on what I have stashed where.

I think these problems might have something to do with too many items being in the bank and/or inventory while depositing or withdrawing. I know I often get search errors while looking for specific items at guild traders (e.g. "Too many searches at once," "Still processing previous search," or things to that effect), so clearly the server has a poor ability to handle long lists of items. I know it's not a memory error on my end; I haven't seen a lua memory error since I tacked on a couple of zeros to the memory cache in the settings file.

As you noted, the problem does resolve eventually, whether by waiting or by zoning, but it can take quite a while, and I agree it deserves a fix asap.
  • engramz
    engramz
    ✭✭
    ^ Yes, it sounds like we have the exactly the same problem. Items I deposit also fail to appear on the withdraw tab, which originally led me to believe I had actually lost them. I have noticed the problem also seems to manifest with addons. I use the Itemisation Browser and Set Tracker addons and when I view set holdings with Set Tracker it doesn't include all of my items. It's extremely frustrating trying to manage inventory.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same problem CONSTANTLY and it doesnt go away anymore with reloggin which basically makes it impossible to use the bak