The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How bad is Zenimax support?

Amnesis
Amnesis
Soul Shriven
I don't care if I will get banned. I don't care if somebody will be mad because I will write this and I don't care about the rules on this forum as much as support is not taking care of players.

I made a mistake. Terrible mistake. I bought ESO. Probably like some other players I'm deeply regretting that decision. During my time as an MMO player, I received a much better support from free MMO games than PAID ESO.

My first problem with a game started on 11/19/2016 07:26 AM. Incident number 161119-001045. It was during my second week of playing the game. After a couple of e-mails, I realised that these people have too small brains to understand the issue. They are avoiding direct questions and they can't read for sure. I'm not English native, but probably I can read and understand this language better than them. Last incident number: Related to: 161217-003087 [Incident: 170306-001224] [Incident: 170409-002505].

I have the constant problem with guards. When I have a bounty on my head and a guard would detect me, my screen is staying in the first part of the conversation mode (camera zoom). After that, I have no dialogue options and I am staying in camera zoom without a possibility to run away or use clemency. That means instant kill, losing all items and starting everything from scratch.

I asked for a refund a couple of times as the product is faulty and it's not fit for purpose. At first, I received information that I made too huge progress on my account to process a refund. (I played only for two weeks then.)

Absolute incompetence of support and over 6 months without any update or fix plus losing all my items once again because of bug pushed me to the last resort.

[snip]

Zenimax, if you have at least minimum dignity and you don't want to lose a player forever, please solve this case or proceed with the refund.

[Edit to remove legal demands]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 27, 2017 1:17PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck :blush:
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer support for this game is atrocious. Its actually the worst I've ever had to deal with out of any company.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... insults will certainly not help your case and this has had to be the silliest oddest reason for a class action lawsuit that I've seen in a while.

1, you shouldn't be insta killed, not even if your character is naked. even if you don't select any options, eventually dialogue window runs out and you can start running. EVEN if you just waited for the dialogue window to run out. how do i know? because early on i didn't realize that I could just pick "run" option, I thought I had to wait out the timer, before i could start running.
    2. if I'm understanding correctly since i have NEVER experienced not being able to select dialogue options while caught by a guard, EVER, your camera is not swinging over to dialogue window? or the window doesn't pop up? your are not explaining very clearly what the issue is, maybe just maybe a SCREENSHOT of your issue would help? steal 1 small thing, get caught by a guard and SCREENSHOT what the game looks like for you, because your explanation is... I don't think even someone with genius level intellect could figure out what exactly might be happening there, let alone figure out how to fix it
    3. if you get refund - they are still losing you as a player since you won't have a copy of the game on your account anymore, so.. that phrasing you used is contradictory.

P.S. costumer support fro this game, from what I have personaly experienced - is very decent. i have seen MUCH much worse.
    Edited by Linaleah on May 27, 2017 4:06AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an issue playing on xbox recently. I couldn't link or created a new account to start playing, so I sent in an email on the support website.

I then followed that up by sending one every other day. I have since fixed the issue (two weeks after the initial email), however they still never responded.

I then sent an email just last week asking if I could purchase an item from the crown store which is no longer available, they responded within the next day.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    well... insults will certainly not help your case and this has had to be the silliest oddest reason for a class action lawsuit that I've seen in a while.

1, you shouldn't be insta killed, not even if your character is naked. even if you don't select any options, eventually dialogue window runs out and you can start running. EVEN if you just waited for the dialogue window to run out. how do i know? because early on i didn't realize that I could just pick "run" option, I thought I had to wait out the timer, before i could start running.
    2. if I'm understanding correctly since i have NEVER experienced not being able to select dialogue options while caught by a guard, EVER, your camera is not swinging over to dialogue window? or the window doesn't pop up? your are not explaining very clearly what the issue is, maybe just maybe a SCREENSHOT of your issue would help? steal 1 small thing, get caught by a guard and SCREENSHOT what the game looks like for you, because your explanation is... I don't think even someone with genius level intellect could figure out what exactly might be happening there, let alone figure out how to fix it
    3. if you get refund - they are still losing you as a player since you won't have a copy of the game on your account anymore, so.. that phrasing you used is contradictory.

P.S. costumer support fro this game, from what I have personaly experienced - is very decent. i have seen MUCH much worse.

I have to agree, it may take a bit but I'm always able to get a hold offof cs and get my issues resolved. Just be patient and reply to the auto generated email. Asking for a refund won't help your case, nor will being rude. Also eso support is still vastly better then most f2p
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amnesis wrote: »

I want to make the class action lawsuit against Zenimax. If somebody is interested, please let me know.

Good luck because you're 100% going to fail in your lawsuit. When you signed the TOS you basically agreed to not being able to sue ZOS lol... Anyway, that sounds like something support can't help with anyway... It does sound annoying for sure - but what is support really gonna do? The reality is that this does not happen to most people, the product isn't "faulty" - something about your copy of the game IS, maybe try a reinstall, or validating your game data. If not, then you're at a loss, because again, you signed that TOS.

Also OP - just from what I'm reading here, maybe you were not so nice to support people? You're pretty willing to insult their intelligence for not being able to help you with a bug that literally nobody else has... how is a development team supposed to fix something they can't replicate and isolate? If they were asking you things you thought were irrelevant, they probably weren't - they were looking for cause.
    Edited by lagrue on May 27, 2017 5:21AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing since the came came out and started playing on Xbox as well when it dropped on it as well and honestly I have had very little problem with support they where alway kind and fast at responding when it came down to guild name change they asked for a list of names we wanted to be called and it was done in a few hours. When it came to lost items or gold it was done the same day. When I got my first VDSA master bow before they had the option of locking and item and it was deconstruction on accident I got a new one "one time only" even when I was stuck in a zone and I could not log in they moved my toon to a new place. Ya sure there are things wrong with the game and some of my tickets never got a response or maybe I forgot to check my email and email them back but hey its just a game and if you enjoy playing it then play it if not then move on you don't need to come on the forums to say how much you hate the game and want to quit. I mean really just quit don't say anything and just leave it like that :smile: bye
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horrible lol.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭

There have been at least a handful of posts about this bug in recent months. One poster even provided a video. As with most bug reports the thread likely died off without as much as half a thought.
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the supportsystem isnt the greatest, I had also issues in the past that took around 4 month to become fixed. I have to disagree with OP at one point. The responses they give doesn't seem the best but I've myself have had twice the pleasure to talk to Zos staff, they might not have much resources to complet every single ticket instantly they said. However, how big your problem even might be, they are taking effort and time even after buisness hours in resolving your issue CORRECTLY.

Unfortunetly not everyone has this pleasure to talk to them directly.Which is kinda sad because they are goodwilling people.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been at least a handful of posts about this bug in recent months. One poster even provided a video. As with most bug reports the thread likely died off without as much as half a thought.

link? in any case, if this is a replicatable bug, than chances are they are working on fixing it and just don't have a fix yet. so its not that they are mistreating OP, its that there is a bug that doesn't always happen, which takes longer to isolate the cause of and fix (most people are not aware just how vast the code is for the game of ESO's size, its not like they can sit down, press a button and voila - fixed). OP yelling at them is not going to make the fixing go any faster. not to mention - costumer support are not the people who fix in game bugs. they literally cannot do anything there.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    WOW .... is there a game out there without a bug. So the OP gets a frackin attitude over a bug and flames away ......

Shut the thread down and tell the OP to get a life as it is a clear they have no clue .......
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a video of it..
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeh the support here is well, there isnt any to be fair, all pre typed messages that dont even relate to the issue you require help with.

IE: i started a thread the other day about a player supporting ISIS in cyro after the manchester arena attack, after taking stock, and listening to some of the finer players of this game, i reported the clown to the powers that be, so there i am in cyro days later and the same clown is still running round cyro, thats fine, an email has winged its way to anti terror in the uk along with screenshots of the text chat.

Thats how good the customer support is here, you cant rubber band your trigger you will be banned, but you can support a terrorist group openly and nothing happens.

GG Zos
    Edited by craftycarper73 on May 27, 2017 7:57AM
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeh the support here is well, there isnt any to be fair, all pre typed messages that dont even relate to the issue you require help with.

IE: i started a thread the other day about a player supporting ISIS in cyro after the manchester arena attack, after taking stock, and listening to some of the finer players of this game, i reported the clown to the powers that be, so there i am in cyro days later and the same clown is still running round cyro, thats fine, an email has winged its way to anti terror in the uk along with screenshots of the text chat.

Thats how good the customer support is here, you cant rubber band your trigger you will be banned, but you can support a terrorist group openly and nothing happens.

GG Zos

lol. I remember the thread... it's been like 3 days - you're not going to get a response yet... hell some games you are looking at minimum 2 weeks - and considering Morrowind just released, they're probably on backlog from things that actually matter to the game and don't have time to police text chat lol - get over yourself.

People like you are what's wrong with the game community just as much as the racist guys. You expect ZOS to bend over and cater to you immediately when you aren't even close to being a priority - believe me, they have more important issues to iron out with their game than catering to your precious feelings.

By the way - it took them like 8 months to start banning rubber banders.... obvioulsy you are not keeping up with the times.

What kind of MORON seriously wastes an anti-terror group's resources investigating a TROLL IN A VIDEO GAME. Congrats - you have done your country a great disservice because you're a sensitive little b****. You have done worst to your country than the troll talking about ISIS did. I hope they arrest you for this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasting_police_time - no less than an idiot like you deserves
    Edited by lagrue on May 27, 2017 9:52AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always received great help when I've had to write to support
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • manustecta
    manustecta
    ✭✭✭
    Customer support for this game in almost non existent and its very hard to contact them.

i will never forget when i have problem with my account and like everyone else i did contact Customer support, after 5 days.
    After 5 *** days i got reply that they cant help me.Someone give me email adress from someone in zenimax even today i dont know who was that person, but thank you and god bless you for help.
    Such a a pity.They made amazing game, but Customer support for this game is scandalous.
    Edited by manustecta on May 27, 2017 9:41AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manustecta wrote: »
    Customer support for this game in almost non existent and its very hard to contact them.

i will never forget when i have problem with my account and like everyone else i did contact Customer support, after 5 days.
    After 5 *** days i got reply that they cant help me.Someone give me email adress from someone in zenimax even today i dont know who was that person, but thank you and god bless you for help.
    Such a a pity.They made amazing game, but Customer support for this game is scandalous.

They're a support team - they can't do it all. I don't know what your issue was - but maybe it was beyond their control?

The fact you're swearing over 5 days shows what an [snip] you really are - that's a great response time, even if only to say they can't help.

[Edit for censor bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 27, 2017 1:19PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• Amnesis
    Amnesis
    Soul Shriven
    Linaleah - I think you don't understand the issue. If my screen is staying in conversation mode and it can't exit it, then I can't move or run away.

When you have a small bounty on your head, your camera will zoom on the guard.

Screenshots? Here you go! Zenimax received all of them already.

1. During bug scr1.jpg

2. Attacked by guard, still wasn't able to move scr2.jpg

3. After kill scr3.jpg

4. Without any plugin enabled without_plugins.jpg

5. Still attacked without possibility to move without_plugins_2.jpg

6. After death. Still staying in conversation mode died_an_still_cannot_move.jpg

7. After shire revival After_shrine_revival.jpg

Zenimax is an owner of more than one game. I'm taking as Zenimax as a whole. Right now I will not buy any game from Bethesda or Zenimax (it's one company now anyway). They will lose me as a player of ESO, but not as a player of other Zenimax and Bethesda games.

You are also missing a point. I want to take action because this product is not fit for purpose. It's a key for this case. If stealing is my main reason to play this game (and it is) then this game is not fit for purpose.

Lagrue - I was fully cooperative with their support. I was calm and reasonable as well. I can post my whole conversation with them, however, it's 6 months of mailing. You can also say that I investigate this issue for them and discovered how to replicate the bug. Every time when I made progress I've sent an e-mail with information about it.

They can replicate the bug using my character. I can replicate it for them if they want.

If my copy of the game would be faulty then all my characters would have the same bug. One of my side characters hasn't got this bug. That means a server side issue.

I just lost my patience to them after this response:

Response By (Derek) (04/09/2017 05:23 PM)
    Greetings!

We are unable to assist you because you did not select the correct category to submit your ticket. Please re-submit your ticket under Item Assistance. Make sure to include any relevant details about the item.
    Submit a ticket by right-clicking the item in question and choosing "Get Help". This will allow us to collect more data on the item you are reporting.
    Kind regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

My bug is not item related and this response is telling me a lot about support quality.
    6 months of waiting for the support it's far too long btw.

Sheey - if you want, I'm happy to provide evidence that for months they thought that I'm trying to receive compensation and help for my own mistakes in the game.

Balibe - I don't mind bugs, however, I do mind bugs that are ruining my game experience completely.

Manustecta - care to share the e-mail address in pm? it would be greatly appreciated.

• WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    I would say poor, in fact the only ticket that was solved was because I had spammed it on forums so I could get ZOS attention to help me out.

So much for "We care about our customers" the PEOPLE who PAY and SUBSCRIBE to support you..
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Amnesis. thank you for the screen shots. and the fact that you were describing your issue in a very convoluted way in your original post is part of the reason i couldn't understand the issue exactly. chances are, they couldn't understand either and seeing that it had something to do with losing stolen items, the best they could figure is that you used the wrong category. screenshots help. the thing is. I'm not convinced its a server issue because it doesn't happen to everyone, if this was a server issue EVERYONE would be suffering from this same bug. this could be a game code issue, but again, becasue this is not something that happens 100% of the time, it could also be an install issue, or your system issue.

I literally just tried to replicate it in game and... its working properly for me. I'm also playing on PC. from what I can tell from your first 2 screenshots, at least some of the addons you have are the exact same addons I have.

what I would suggest - run a repair on your game. if that doesn't help - do a fresh install. is it possible that you accidentally got yourself stuck in first person view? make sure all your drivers are updated - there are some serious texture issues that I can see in your last screenshot, this could be related to issues with a video card and yes, graphical bottleneck can potentialy freeze you in place. fiddle with game settings, possibly lower them. don't just uninstall addons - delete their saved variables as well. I'm seeing some

furthermore - as i have said already, becasue this is not a universal bug, even on your own account - it CAN take 6 months or longer to fix. there are bugs that take years to fix. there are bugs in World of Warcraft that haven't been fixed after a decade. and that has nothing to do with customer service, becasue again, like I said, THEY are not the ones coding the game, they just answer phones/emails and generally deal with administrative things. not to mention, you are not the only person they deal with, there are thousands upon thousands of players and even small fraction of them making reports - is STILL a lot of reports to get through. bug reports, spam reports, harassment reports, general issues - you are not the only person contacting them.

also - you said have more then one character. at least one of your characters is lvl 45. this means you have been playing for many many hours. and I'm sorry to say - even the most generous companies refuse refunds at this point. Steam has a policy of under 2 hours of play time. there was a single exception that I can think of where refunds were issued for a game regardless of how long people played it and it was becasue the game was genuinely broken and unplayable. not a single bug in a single situation. but literally unplayable, and that was Arkham Knight. ESO is playable. it was obviously playable enough for you to get as far as you did. if your spite is so strong that you are wiling to throw thousands of dollars on a frivolous lawsuit over at most $60 game? i don't even know what to tell you.

P.S. I have contacted support via in game ticket system couple of times and had my issue resolved within days each time. I have also applied for early acess with physical edition of morrowind purchase and had it applied to my account within 24 hours. so my personal dealings with support were positive.
    Edited by Linaleah on May 27, 2017 12:18PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    While we can understand wanting to receive support, we do not allow the discussion of legal matters on the forums. This can also be considered a demand or petition which is against the forum rules. We believe that these type of demands are not conductive to constructive commentary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.