The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lemme get a Wayshrine

seedubsrun
seedubsrun
✭✭✭✭
I'd really love to be able to craft a wayshrine for my home. I group up with friends at my house a lot and it would be nice to just load into dungeon right from there. Any chance of that happening in the future?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 146 gold transport cost is a deal killer?
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe it'd just be a cool and functional addition to housing that tons of people would find useful...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the request.

Transport to your home for yourself is already free (like a wayshrine).

Transport to your home for your friends is also free: (1) if you're at home they can right-click you in chat, on their friends list, or in their guild list, or (2) if you're not at home they can still travel to your primary residence by right-clicking your name on their friends list, or in their guild list.

After that, transfer to the dungeon can sometimes be free if you form your group using the group finder (assuming it's working OK.). After that, it's only 146 gold for a manual port.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 30, 2017 8:12PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The 146 gold transport cost is a deal killer?

The issue that annoys me is that the free port in triggers the increased wayshrine cost. So if you just hop over to your house for a few seconds, it's way more than 146g.

Not a problem for houses like the one at Bandarri Outpost, a headache for the daggerfall notable.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see it being a necessity, but not a bad addition either.

Whether it is worth it for reducing two hops to one, traveling from house to dungeon for free? I don't know.

Right now it's easy enough for me to select friend or guildmate and hop to them, then hop to desired location from that wayshrine.

When dungeoning usually one of us just eats the small fee for a direct port to dungeon and everyone else travels to that player.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not a necessity, definitely wont save a ton of money. It could be as useful as a rug or stack of books. I'd just like a usable one I can put at my house. People put all sorts of completely useless, non functioning stuff in their homes. That's the fun of creating a house. A wayshrine would not only be functional but pretty cool too. Maybe I'll use it to fast travel to my house and tear a hole in the space time continuum.