The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will past Crown Crate items ever be available again?

jlmurra2
jlmurra2
✭✭✭✭✭
Will items from past seasons, like storm atronach mounts, ever be available again in any way? In crates, or preferably simply buying them with crowns, or maybe another way?

I see they are to "be cycled quarterly" but does that mean the same items will be returning?
Edited by jlmurra2 on May 26, 2017 9:32AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows?
    I for one would presume they will become available again, one way or another...

My current guess would be they might do the crates seasonal - Storm Atronarch in winter, Wild Hunt in spring, Dwemer in summer, and maybe something Undead in fall...
    ...and then cycle them quarterly, repeating every year so new players get a chance to buy their desired stuff as well (and add to their profits through the crown store); but with new stuff also added to the crates every new incarnation, to get the old hands to spend more crowns on them as well while hunting down those new things...
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows?
    I for one would presume they will become available again, one way or another...

My current guess would be they might do the crates seasonal - Storm Atronarch in winter, Wild Hunt in spring, Dwemer in summer, and maybe something Undead in fall...
    ...and then cycle them quarterly, repeating every year so new players get a chance to buy their desired stuff as well (and add to their profits through the crown store); but with new stuff also added to the crates every new incarnation, to get the old hands to spend more crowns on them as well while hunting down those new things...

Thank for the reply.

I hope they keep all the old, and add new, that would be the best.

I wish they would grant the option to exchange all items received in crates for gems though. That way you could at least be working toward the item you want when you receive a mount, costume, pet, etc, that you didn't not have, and was not the one you were trying for.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on May 26, 2017 10:14AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they brought back those crate-specific apex mounts, it won't be for years.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would agree Sydney, they will probably not bring back the themed items unless they run the theme again. The limited items from the crown store may return again .....
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they have already brought back such limited time items like the Heroic Costumes , chances are very good they will bring back all but certain items.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Since they have already brought back such limited time items like the Heroic Costumes , chances are very good they will bring back all but certain items.

The heroic costumes haven't come back, as far as I've seen. Each one was offered separately in limited release, but they haven't been back since - unless they're in the clown crates? I don't buy crates, so perhaps they're in those?

There have only been 2 Limited Time items that ever returned for a second round - the black senche-panther and the clouded senche-leopard (or it may have been the regular senche-leopard). And, I think this was because these were released on PC, prior to console launch, so they offered them again. No other limited time item has returned EXCEPT in the clown crates.

I would guess, though, if they do repeat a crate season theme, that the items in the crates (perhaps just the apex mounts, with other tiers being new stuff) could return. But, limited time crown store items have not, except for the two I mentioned.

Now, that doesn't mean they won't return - I'd like to see them return for new players - but I wouldn't count on it.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess we will have to wait to see.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure there going by seasons. I.E the Astronach ones will be avaialable again when they first were last year this year.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure there going by seasons. I.E the Astronach ones will be avaialable again when they first were last year this year.

That is what I was hoping for.
  • Gh0st71
    Gh0st71
    Its good possibility they'll come back.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. 100%. It's Zo$ we're talking about here.