Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Monsterset/5er Set as Magicka Templar DD?

DeHei
DeHei
✭✭✭✭✭
I tested some combinations and just wanted to know, what actually is senseless or useful after morrorwind released.

For example i tested Molag Kena again, but the results wasnt fine...

Options i think are possible are Ilambris, Valkyns Goria or Grotharr?

As 5er Set i thought about Twice Born Star, Julianos, Burning Spellweave or Kagrenacs as allround option with more Sustain/less damage as DD too?

Any experience? Notice i just want options, i can farm fast..
Edited by DeHei on May 26, 2017 7:53AM
DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
De Hei(Youtube)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally go with grothdarr. Valkyn Skoria is also nice with the extra Health.

As for 5 piece: Go with Julianos on a magplar.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grotharr is maybe the best set for vMSA too.
    Is Ilambris maybe better as Valkyns Goria or does the Damage from Goria over longs fights dont let you make another decision?
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Currently using (pve dungeons/trials);
    2x grothdarr (helmet/shoulders)
    4x julianos (body)
    1x julianos inferno (backbar)
    1x julianos sharp (sword, frontbar) (use vma inferno if you got that one instead)
    1x moondancer sharp (sword, frontbar)
    3x moondancer (jewelry)
    1x moondancer (body)

This way you'll get 5x julianos on both bars, and can also proc moondancer on your frontbar. Note that this is a melee setup. I've used burning spellweave instead of julianos before, but the procs and cooldown on that sets currently aren't enough anymore to outperform julianos. On top of that it's difficult to continue proccing that set during execute, where julianos' damage output is constant.

With the new trial released I'm also testing ranged magicka templar options; you'll need to replace grothdarr for skoria or illambris in this case, and perhaps drop your swords for a 2nd inferno staff or a lightning one. Easiest would be to run 5x julianos 4x moondancer on frontbar, 4x julianos 5x moondancer on backbar, assuming you don't got a vma inferno sharp.

Still need to see if I'll replace julianos with scatching mage (procs on direct damage), but julianos definitely is a safe (and craftable) option with good results. Moondancers 5th bonus will only work in group content. Note that the moondancer can be difficult to optain, but you can workaround that by crafting all weapons in julianos and change your setup a bit on this. The damage loss won't be that much for losing julianos 5th bonus on your backbar, if your support skills, shields, etc will be slotted here.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on May 27, 2017 12:10PM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinus_92 wrote: »
    Currently using (pve dungeons/trials);
    2x grothdarr (helmet/shoulders)
    4x julianos (body)
    1x julianos inferno (backbar)
    1x julianos sharp (sword, frontbar) (use vma inferno if you got that one instead)
    1x moondancer sharp (sword, frontbar)
    3x moondancer (jewelry)
    1x moondancer (body)

This way you'll get 5x julianos on both bars, and can also proc moondancer on your frontbar. Note that this is a melee setup. I've used burning spellweave instead of julianos before, but the procs and cooldown on that sets currently aren't enough anymore to outperform julianos. On top of that it's difficult to continue proccing that set during execute, where julianos' damage output is constant.

With the new trial released I'm also testing ranged magicka templar options; you'll need to replace grothdarr for skoria or illambris in this case, and perhaps drop your swords for a 2nd inferno staff or a lightning one. Easiest would be to run 5x julianos 4x moondancer on frontbar, 4x julianos 5x moondancer on backbar, assuming you don't got a vma inferno sharp.

Still need to see if I'll replace julianos with scatching mage (procs on direct damage), but julianos definitely is a safe (and craftable) option with good results. Moondancers 5th bonus will only work in group content. Note that the moondancer can be difficult to optain, but you can workaround that by crafting all weapons in julianos and change your setup a bit on this. The damage loss won't be that much for losing julianos 5th bonus on your backbar, if your support skills, shields, etc will be slotted here.

Ty mate, crafted julianos yesterday allready. I go with 2 valkyns, 5 julianos, 3 willpower and vMSA inferno- and lightningstaff in sharpened (have both 2x, was lucky ;) )
    With that setup i had best results.. but i need some pratice to get a good rotation :)
    First test without support was around 26,5k DPS on dummy.
    De Hei(Youtube)