The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Sorc Help

PokeMaule
PokeMaule
✭✭
Hi all, I'm looking for a few pointers for my new magicka sorc build. I've been playing about 8 months now and mainly stam characters (DK Tank, Stam Sorc) but have decided my next toon should chuck spells. I really like the sorc skills and like the idea of been able to use pets or not depending on what I'm doing Also wanting to do more Vet trials. So I've been looking online at builds and have a fairly good idea of where I am going while trying to keep the build Morrowind proof. I do however have two issues I'd like some advice on from experienced sorcs.
1 - Daedric Prey or Haunting Curse? I see that a lot of builds use one or the other dependant on pets or not however I'd like to be able to do both with a quick skill and gear change. I will probably loose some dps somewhere but which is the most viable?
2 - Gear for non pet build. I have started the Burning Spellweave farm but am now seeing and hearing that Netches Touch or Scathing Mage could be better? Scathing I have already in gold but Netch or Spellweave I'd have to farm. Any thoughts?
Edited by PokeMaule on May 25, 2017 11:34PM
Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With both of these questions the amount of difference is very small. The main reason to take Haunting would be for mag resource reasons. Less casting = more magicka. On the other hand, if you're running pets more often than not, Prey is the clear winner.

As far as gear, the margin in very small. With great uptime, Scathing probably gives the most dmg and healing, but you need cast lots of Force Pulses, so needing to heavy attack will hurt it's uptime. Alcast just released his non-pet build video saying Netch's Touch was what he had the best numbers with. BSW, Julianos, etc. are good choices too, though.
  • PokeMaule
    PokeMaule
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply I am going to be running with both pet and non pet just to keep it fresh and have choices but the main reason for the Sorc is for Vet trials so I'd probably go with the most optimal for that as my main build. I would assume it is non pet but again not too sure.
    Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
    Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
    Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
    Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
    Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
    Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp