The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are Armor sets farmed?

Cletus
Cletus
I have picked up as loot a few different pieces of named armor that is part of a set. I have yet ot get all of any of them. Do I have to repeatedly farm the spot that gave me the first piece to get the rest?

Best Answers

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the set...
    Dungeon sets you'll need to run that specific dungeon over and over.

Over-world sets drop specific pieces in specific locations designated by zone; like jewelry might only be available via Dark Anchors, or boots might only drop in that zones public dungeons or a specific delve boss or whatever. Monster sets are acquired by a combination of boss drops and Undaunted chest rewards...
    Other sets are, of course, crafted.

So, if you're looking to complete specific set, I'd say Google is your best friend here in order to track down where exactly to get the pieces.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 25, 2017 8:52PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Answer ✓
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, you don't have to farm that specific spot. Every zone has three armor sets that drop there (one heavy, one medium, one light) in body pieces, weapons, and jewelry. They drop in delves, the zone's public dungeon, treasure chests, and world bosses. Additionally, quests in the zone will sometimes reward a set piece, and any enemy in the zone has a small chance to drop a set piece. (In the newest patch, I believe story bosses had a chance to drop set pieces added to them.)

Delves drop waist and feet pieces, world bosses drop head, chest, legs, and weapons, and dolmens drop jewelry.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Answer ✓
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good overview here:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets

Have fun!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Answer ✓