The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zone Bosses

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
As a CP220 Templar Healer, I avoided zone bosses for the longest time because, well, I. GOT. WRECKED. I even remember being somewhere with 4 other players and we were getting smashed by a boss. I also got wrecked by some mage lady with a few other players but that was when I was level 20 something. Are all zone bosses this difficult or did I just run into two mammoth beasts? Everytime I group up I end up doing dungeons and not bosses but I know some can drop some pretty good loot. Any suggestions on bosses that I can potentially take on without having to group up with a bunch of vets?
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are called "Group Bosses" for a reason. With the right build you may be able to solo quite a few of them, but they are all intended for groups.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    They are called "Group Bosses" for a reason. With the right build you may be able to solo quite a few of them, but they are all intended for groups.

Sry, but I beg to differ. If I got the OP correctly he is indeed talking about overland bosses. They are hard to takkle solo, and yes, grouping up for them is advised, but not mandatory or even intended. They are just that: bosses.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are mostly soloable if you are able to dodge or shield the heavy attacks, self heal and sustain your magicka. Magicka Templar and Sorcerer are the easiest classes to solo them from my experience. For stamina is harder and nearly impossible if you haven't unlocked vigor in PvP.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    Soloing bosses is a fun mini-game all its own.

There are a few bosses that are known for being (almost) unsoloable (lkike Mehnir Stoneskin in Valeguard Tower), but the rest can be done by yourself. When I say "can be done" I don't mean by rolling up in your overworld questing gear and wacking at it. For each character I have a set up in the Dressing Room addon that I call "World Boss", which setup my skills and gear to be something that at least has a chance to get the job done. I then eat the right food, make sure my weapons are charged, etc before engaging. It helps if you have a class that has one spammable DPS skill that also heals, which some do.

I have soloed most of the world bosses on mag sorc, mag nb, mag templar and stam sorc. For each I have through trial and error figured out gear and skills to get the job done. Some bosses took me 2 days to master ( like the Guar in Deshhan). I will admit I had to experiment a bit and that can be expensive. My stam sorc uses Briarheart for example.. I gave up farming that after a month and bought the daggers at 70k each and then golded them out. But they made a big difference for those hard fights.

With the Morrowind changes I am back to theorycrafting again to tweak the builds. Sometimes you can just replace 1 enchant, add in some heavy attacks and use ravage magicka potions and you can keep everything the same.

Good luck with your world boss hunting!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Sry, but I beg to differ. If I got the OP correctly he is indeed talking about overland bosses. They are hard to takkle solo, and yes, grouping up for them is advised, but not mandatory or even intended. They are just that: bosses.
    Those are the ones I'm talking about. The official designation for those overland boss encounters, marked with the skull and crossbones icon, is "Group Bosses".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc - I was with a group everytime. It was random players but with the one there were three CP players, myself, and another below cp. We all died multiple times before I gave up as we didn't make a dent.

ElsterChen - I assumed that most were meant to be grouped (almost like anything Craglorn from what I hear) but I know a lot of players can solo many of these bosses.

Asardes - Now that I have a lot more CP I think I can toy with some of these as my main is a Templar Healer. I can usually keep myself alive through most anything anymore but maybe I will just wait til some other players come around or shout out in the zone chat for help.

Thanks, everyone.
    PS4/NA
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    OldGamerESO - Thanks! I def need to beef up the sets for sure and I think with my Healer I could probably stay alive. It will be a grind but rewarding in the end. I'll look into that!
    PS4/NA