The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Motif conversions

Dunbar
Dunbar
Soul Shriven
Why is the Morag Tong converting option so limited? Even on crafted sets. Example I wear a crafted night mothers gaze. I was able to convert the belt only in the whole set. What is the point of paying extra for a feature that you can't actually use??

Question to ZOS: Is there talk of being able to convert gear styles or being able to covert dropped sets?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure it isn't locked, I fell for that once.

Also make sure you hadn't already converted to Imperial style. I don't know if that would affect it, but just in case.
  • Dunbar
    Dunbar
    Soul Shriven
    Well I just feel silly now. You are correct the other items were locked. Thank you!

But the part till stands about being able to use the converter on dropped sets or having some system where we can use mats or money to convert an items to a different motif you know already. This would let us be able to keep our char's look while wearing dropped sets.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunbar wrote: »
    Well I just feel silly now. You are correct the other items were locked. Thank you!

But the part till stands about being able to use the converter on dropped sets or having some system where we can use mats or money to convert an items to a different motif you know already. This would let us be able to keep our char's look while wearing dropped sets.

Agreed, but unfortunately it's not a new issue. Players have raised their hand many times over the years with the Imperial converter too. There are a lot of ways ZOS can improve this feature ... but for whatever reason it's not any sort of priority.