The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transform mementos should be polymorphs

Aureli
Aureli
✭✭✭
It's incredibly inconvenient to have to keep using these items every time they wear off, especially since they last such a short time. These items, the Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt, and any future transform mementos, either need to have their time up extended to 10 minutes or so, or need to be a polymorph that we can toggle.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREED.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the gold crate rewards, yeah? If so, I completely agree. Something that lasts 10 seconds is not a worthy reward for the gold tier, and there's already mementos from these crates. As the top-tier reward, they should absolutely be polymorphs.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is that the Storm items got changed to have longer durations, but the Wild Hunt ones released with the same old short timers.

Not sure how I feel about polymorph for all of them as it's going to mean a lot of people permanently in shiny lightning stone form running around everywhere.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    What I don't understand is that the Storm items got changed to have longer durations, but the Wild Hunt ones released with the same old short timers.

Not sure how I feel about polymorph for all of them as it's going to mean a lot of people permanently in shiny lightning stone form running around everywhere.

People already ride about on storm/spriggan horses, but I do agree that they shouldn't all be polymorphs (if for different reasons). Those top tier ones cost 100 gems and really aren't worth that, but 16 or 40 gems is fair for a memento and a fancier memento respectively. 100 gems versions should last at least several minutes (5+) and ideally be toggable polymorphs.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, if they were polymorphs from the get-go, many of us would've actually wanted to obtain these.

• Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, if they were polymorphs from the get-go, many of us would've actually wanted to obtain these.

So your response is basically "I didn't care to get it when it was out, so it shouldn't be improved at all because then I might want it". Cool, that's helpful.
  • Edrein
    Edrein
    ✭✭✭
    If not a polymorph atleast an hour long duration. That would certainly make it more sustainable for things such as roleplay or what have you.