The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will the Addition of Battlegrounds help the balance and gameplay mechanics of combat?

michaelarryn
michaelarryn
✭✭✭
I first would like to say that I have been playing since launch on and off and what keeps me off the game more than I'm on it is simply the frustration I get while in combat. The combat is unlike any other in other MMOs I have played, however few unintended and not too well thought out gear sets has made PvP for me very frustrating at times. I acknowledge that PvP takes skill, but still the fact that certain elements are in the game bother me.

-Proc Sets: They are fine to me, but being able to have multiple on and be able to achieve such huge burst all at one time is quite insane. ZoS has not addressed any issues with this nor really came up with anyways to lessen the damage.

-Animation Canceling: An 'unintended' mechanic that has been in the game since launch, but has not and probably will never be removed for whatever reason, IDK ZoS. The problem here is, yes I know how to do it and I won't say that I'm the best at it, but it is an UNINTENDED mechanic, meaning it probably should have been removed ages ago. Animation canceling allows macro users to get away with casting 5 skills in half a second before you even have time to react. This unintended mechanic encourages crappy gameplay like this and although macroing may not be against any rules, I would say majority of players are against it.

-Certain Duels I am in, if I am to get bursted really quick, sometimes I am completely unable to move, keybinds won't work and then I'll drop dead. I'm not sure if this is lag or what, but it is still present in this game and I've encountered this quite a bit since launch.

Will ZoS take any of this into consideration? More than likely not. Will some no life comment here with some smart @$$ reply? Probably. I can only hope that enough people agree with me and the addition of small scale PvP helps bring more balance to the game.

Thank-you.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 skills in half of a second? Can someone link a video please because I have never seen this before on console.
    The Flyers
  • michaelarryn
    michaelarryn
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    5 skills in half of a second? Can someone link a video please because I have never seen this before on console.

It's quite crazy actually. Can't blame it on lag either when it ONLY happens when they attack you lol.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's quite crazy actually. Can't blame it on lag either when it ONLY happens when they attack you lol.

He was being sarcastic because its impossible.

Animation cancelling was unintended but has been taken as a feature, it makes gameplay more interesting.

Proc sets are strong yes but only in non cp it seems.

Your likely dueling very strong players with very high burst playing a squishy build, hence you die.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Animation cancelling was unintended but has been taken as a feature, it makes gameplay more interesting.

Your likely dueling very strong players with very high burst playing a squishy build, hence you die.
    Video (click) 2 of those weren't casted
    https://youtu.be/mC0BPHz43Gw
    Edited by Irylia on May 25, 2017 2:04PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm the phenomenon he is talking about is called macro-slicing. Here I'll bring up a video for you guys calling it "impossible".

https://youtu.be/fBSRbGTQY-c

Enjoy and stop pretending broken stuff that has been already recorded many times. Does not exist because, it is inconvenient to your cause.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭

Umm the phenomenon he is talking about is called macro-slicing. Here I'll bring up a video for you guys calling it "impossible".

Enjoy and stop pretending broken stuff that has been already recorded many times. Does not exist because, it is inconvenient to your cause.

That's a relatively old video and a consequence of poor server performance, not players doing anything crazy.

I can't believe people still complain about animation canceling. There is a global cool down for all skills.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ani cancelling is intended and is necessary. Imagine if it wasn't possible.. You're in the middle of an attack animation and suddenly have to dodge or block some incoming burst. Oops, no, you gotta wait for your attack animation to finish first... Almost done, nope, dead.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people see a full burst in 1s with some skills, they often think it's a macro/cheater guy.

Sometimes it's cheater, sometimes it's lag.

But don't forget skills have a travel time, animation canceling, and proc sets. You can calulate all of that ,that's why it's often hit at the same time.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »

That's a relatively old video and a consequence of poor server performance, not players doing anything crazy.

I can't believe people still complain about animation canceling. There is a global cool down for all skills.

I was just backing up the OP and providing video evidence. On the thing you guys are saying is impossible. Clearly it's not.

On the other matter. As long as ani-cancel produces such unintended actions, people will always complain about it. I still remember the days gamers used to complain about MMO Mouses because how unfair it was. Now it's highly accepted by devs. along with macros.

I just can't believe people still rather beat up and attack players like OP. Because they complain about a obviously broken mechanic such as macro slicing, and others that are linked to ani-cancel. I just find it funny and it also says something about the people who attack players like the OP in this thread.

Honestly @michaelarryn , as others said if this, form of gimmicky PvP that is found in all MMOs in one form or another. Completely bothers you, then simply abandon Cyrodiil or don't play it as competitively as you do now. Look for a actual dedicated skill based no frills PvP game/s. My two gotos atm moment are Smite, and Paragon(This one is in open beta).

These days I mainly just go into Cyrodiil to get Vigor and Caltrops for my stamina based characters. Wish ZOS gave us a none PvP option to get these two skills, as they are very much needed for PvE content. Compared to PvP in a dedicated PvP game Cyrodiil is pretty boring and glitchy at best.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @FearlessOne_2014 but that video has nothing to do with some animation cancel. It was a bugg and prob a bit of lag. No macros. Fact is We have a global cd. Only way to bypass that is proc sets or maybe using cheats or bugs like old rapid regen one.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jawasa Ok if that's the stance you are going to keep. Then I see no point in continuing engaging in this discussion on the matter. I've done all I've needed. Cheers! :smiley:
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on May 27, 2017 3:13PM