Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to get decent amounts of provisioning ingredients? (I'm on XBOX)

NoaKenobi
NoaKenobi
Soul Shriven
I'm an intermediate player, about to hit CP 150 tonight I'd imagine. I wanted to work on my provisioning crafting skill next--I'm still collecting skyshards to get more skill points, but already filled in woodworking and blacksmithing, so clothing and provisioning are next on my list.

I'm currently level 20 in provisioning. It seems relatively straight forward to level the skill.

The videos I watch about how to power level it, and so on show just going to guild traders and buying ingredients that way.

But being on XBOX, and having looked at a few Guild Traders myself, the guys on the videos seemed to be finding incredible buys, whereas it's fairly pricey to buy stacks of ingredients on XBOX.

I grab stuff out of as many crates as I can reasonably grab, but even so I just don't have the kind of supply of ingredients I was hoping to now that I'm 2 or so months into my gameplay.

If I just have to make more gold so I can afford to buy the ingreds, that's fine... but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some other easy way to farm ingredients that I don't know about and am too ignorant to ask the right question to some of my guildmates to map out a relatively efficient path forward from here.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Noa Kenobi
"Let me guess... someone stole your lightsaber."
XBOX EOS player since Feb2017
Noa Kenobi
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, it should be very easy to farm ingredients. Just go into any delve and grab stuff from every barrel, crate, and sack. I ALWAYS grab everything I can and its almost impossible to run out. I have so many ingredients from this method that I could probably not make a grab for two weeks and it wouldn't make a dent. Literally, EVERY crate, sack, and barrel. You'd be surprised how quickly it adds up.

Then experiment with which recipes give you the most boost on leveling. If you can find some blue recipes keep pumping those out. At worst, if you run out of those ingredients for the blue recipes, just buy those.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are good delves and then there are really good delve to go grocery shopping in. Really good ones. The delve right out side of Daggerfell, the start of the public delve in Shadowfen, and the delve west of Riften.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just grab as you go easiest way, farming the big ships on the map is cool tho they have a load. Or market stalls if you want to level legerdemain
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which containers drop things like Jasmine and the other provisioning blossoms?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Which containers drop things like Jasmine and the other provisioning blossoms?
    Sacks drop those.

Going through bandit delves and setting your character to "auto-loot" gets you a TON of provisioning ingredients.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then experiment with which recipes give you the most boost on leveling. If you can find some blue recipes keep pumping those out. At worst, if you run out of those ingredients for the blue recipes, just buy those.

Green recipes give the same amount of inspiration as blue or purple or even gold recipes. No need to waste the mats for leveling making the more complicated recipes. Just make the highest level green recipes you can. You can buy those at a chef or brewer if you can't farm them.
    Edited by Nestor on August 14, 2017 11:53AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, my provisioner was my first alt to hit 10 in Lagerdamien. Steal and launder everything in crates and barrels. CROTCH and DONT BE SEEN. Massive amounts of free provisioning supplies ensue.

Edit after reread.
    NoaKenobi wrote: »
    I grab stuff out of as many crates as I can reasonably grab, but even so I just don't have the kind of supply of ingredients I was hoping to now that I'm 2 or so months into my gameplay.

I take it from the above you are not an ESO Plus with craft bag? With limited space, you may want to hold off til you have other crafts leveled up. Personally, I HAVE a prov alt BECAUSE of storage, started before the craft bag. I could fill all her slots with prov ingredients and could not leave the bank for lack of bag space. That said, during that time, my main hit EVERY bag, crate, barrel and urn in EVERY dungeon, put everything in shared and swapped to my prov alt to store it, to make more room to transfer more. It meant putting 50 plus prov mats into the bank and swapping characters around about once an hour.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 14, 2017 12:20PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Green recipes give the same amount of inspiration as blue or purple or even gold recipes. No need to waste the mats for leveling making the more complicated recipes. Just make the highest level green recipes you can. You can buy those at a chef or brewer if you can't farm them.

You sure about that Nestor? I received massively more inspiration from doing blue recipes than green. (I was watching my insp bar. I typically got double or triple the insp for making a blue vs green.) Plus, I could sell the blues. Purple stuff required too expensive components.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to the craftbag, the go to place to farm provisioning ingredients was Ilessan Tower in Glenumbra. Go in, farm everything, logout, login, repeat.