The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ancestral Adversity

trashcannot
Got until "Enter the treasure vault" and upon entering, was teleported to the beginning of the delve. Tried to exit and renter, but when I get back to the room with the floor puzzle, the puzzle is completed, but the door I originally proceeded into is no longer accessible.
"My heart betrayed, I took her soul,
Cracked it with vicious fray,
Eternal now will be her pain,
'Tis the fate of Alanwe"
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue. I was able to run past the room with the floor puzzle but cannot pass through the archway at the end of the following room to go around the corner and I think back up the stairs.

I logged a ticket and was told to log out for 15+ minutes and try again. I haven't gone back to try again.
  • Luvtantius_Micocia
    Luvtantius_Micocia
    ✭✭✭
    I got past the floorpuzzle, then entered the cave area where I defeated the boss, but when I exit the questmarker indicated I had forgotten something and there was no way to go back, tried to run it again from entrance but now got stuck on the gate right after the floorpuzzle, it is opened but I simply can't get past it. Logged off, logged back in again but same issue. Then I dropped the quest and am no longer to find the questgiver ..... still no response on the ticket I sent.
    I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls, and I am all out of sweetrolls.
  • trashcannot
    I also relogged but the issue was still there. One of you might've been with me haha there was 3 of us in there all very confused.
    'Tis the fate of Alanwe"
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    I came back the next day and still unable to progress any further on the quest. Hopefully its not a major one - I will give it awhile for them to fix it. Lots of other stuff to do for a bit.
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    Two questions:

1. Has anyone that encountered this bug deleted the quest and started over? I can't remember how many steps there were to get to this stage so I have been avoiding that option.

2. Has anyone that encountered this bug managed to progress? If so please illuminate us.

• Hercules_Gaming
    Hercules_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I am also stuck on this quest having the same issue. I submitted a bug report as well, hopefully it gets addressed in a patch.
  • trashcannot
    Update: have abandoned the quest and restated it from scratch and am still unable to progress beyond "Enter the treasure vault." I can go as far as it seems, and then there is a glitch which seems to teleport me back to the beginning, while there is a quest marker indicating the vault room that I cannot access.
    'Tis the fate of Alanwe"
  • x4livin
    x4livin
    ✭✭✭
    I got past the floorpuzzle, then entered the cave area where I defeated the boss, but when I exit the questmarker indicated I had forgotten something and there was no way to go back, tried to run it again from entrance but now got stuck on the gate right after the floorpuzzle, it is opened but I simply can't get past it. Logged off, logged back in again but same issue. Then I dropped the quest and am no longer to find the questgiver ..... still no response on the ticket I sent.

Same.
  • x4livin
    x4livin
    ✭✭✭
    And I can't figure out where I got it to restart it.
  • x4livin
    x4livin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one. If I mention it in game..or other bugged quests(the invisible walls)....or the load screen times when wayshrine....or the lag.......etc. I hear a chorus of people swearing they have not had an issue at all.
  • Luvtantius_Micocia
    Luvtantius_Micocia
    ✭✭✭
    In my previous post I forgot additional information:

Megaserver - NA
    Platform - PC
    Quest - Ancestral Adversity (as title)

ticker number: 170524-001312 (reported in game with the /bug option)
    I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls, and I am all out of sweetrolls.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya, bugged at treasure room...
  • Moorcrofts
    Moorcrofts
    ✭✭
    I've encountered the same thing. After checking around I've decided to just sit on it for a bit and see if it gets addressed in a patch soon before I spend a lot more time trying to make it work.

Thankfully, I believe I've done just about all of the overland content now and this is the only quest that bugged out for me.
    "Joy is in the ears that hear"

Locks only exist to keep the honest people honest.
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    Update: have abandoned the quest and restated it from scratch and am still unable to progress beyond "Enter the treasure vault." I can go as far as it seems, and then there is a glitch which seems to teleport me back to the beginning, while there is a quest marker indicating the vault room that I cannot access.

Thank you for that update. I will avoid deleting and starting over if you end up getting hung up at the same stage again. Fortunately, I can work on other things while this is hopefully addressed although I do not believe it is currently listed as a known bug.
  • Reckligence
    Reckligence
    Soul Shriven
    Just wanted to chime in and say I had the same issue. I found someone who was going through the puzzle for the first time and let me party up with them while they completed it but still was not able to pass through.

Ticket/Bug Report submitted also.

><
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm also stuck in this quest, thought I'd add my bug so they know this issue is happening to more than a few players.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • BitRowdy
    BitRowdy
    Me too.
    Edited by BitRowdy on May 27, 2017 9:07PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same bug, seems to be common.
  • Pollixx75
    Pollixx75
    Soul Shriven
    I filed a bug report in game. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x4livin wrote: »
    And I can't figure out where I got it to restart it.

i did the same thing. cant work out where to pick this up again. was also trapped at the treasure room door
  • Moorcrofts
    Moorcrofts
    ✭✭
    I was able to complete the quest on another character while it's still sitting bugged on the first. If I could remember where I picked the quest chain up I would abandon it and try re-doing it all on the first character.
    "Joy is in the ears that hear"

Locks only exist to keep the honest people honest.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same bug issue.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the quest starter for this quest so I can drop it and try again?
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also had a bug with this quest, but mine was an issue with Narsis disappearing once we got to the second floor of Veloth's tomb. Relogging didn't work, had to drop quest and restart.
    Does anyone know the quest starter for this quest so I can drop it and try again?

Starts at Dreloth Ancestral Tomb, south of Sadrith Mora
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on May 30, 2017 8:46PM
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also had a bug with this quest, but mine was an issue with Narsis disappearing once we got to the second floor of Veloth's tomb. Relogging didn't work, had to drop quest and restart.

Starts at Dreloth Ancestral Tomb, south of Sadrith Mora

Thanks @StopDropandBear; I am currently mapping out the quest on an alt...you've saved me some steps! I am still going to try to re-create the bug to confirm it.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped the quest and re-did it. @StopDropAndBear is correct with the starting point. After you complete the quest for Narsis Dren near Sadrith Mora, head up to the Veloth Family Tomb and go through the quest until you reach the Matriarch room. Go up to the exit door, but do not go through it! Wait for Narsis to go through first, the quest will update. Then...after he goes into the Treasure Room...wait for him again to stop talking. This will allow you to complete the quest without it bugging.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems I am also stuck on this quest, but I'm stuck on the "talk to narsis dren" part behind the puzzle after freeing him in the tomb. Narsis dren has a marker to where he should be, but he is not there.

Please fix this, thanks!
  • Hercules_Gaming
    Hercules_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I dropped the quest and re-did it. @StopDropAndBear is correct with the starting point. After you complete the quest for Narsis Dren near Sadrith Mora, head up to the Veloth Family Tomb and go through the quest until you reach the Matriarch room. Go up to the exit door, but do not go through it! Wait for Narsis to go through first, the quest will update. Then...after he goes into the Treasure Room...wait for him again to stop talking. This will allow you to complete the quest without it bugging.

This worked for me too, thank you!
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is still present as of 6/1/2017.
    I did completely abandon and restart the quest from the start. The bug repeated.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on June 2, 2017 3:21AM
  • Squeezoid
    Squeezoid
    ✭✭
    i drop it for the bug and now i cant find the npc and already run all over Dreloth Ancestral Tomb, south of Sadrith Mora
    The aliens are coming for me!! They're gonna use my butt for stuff! SQUEE!!!!!!!!! ~