The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are Stam Builds Down For The Count?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry for another similar thread, but I cannot help but feel that most stam builds are gonna be at the bottom for the duration of this patch and I think ZOS needs to really look at the damage they've done to stamina based builds particularly in PvP. Stam builds were in a pretty good place prior to Morrowind I think we can agree. YES, there were some issues with infinite sustain damage tanks but so were there issues with mag sorcs who could do similar feats of absorbing massive amounts of damage and dealing equally devastating attacks. No new info there, I just want to acknowledge there were some issues on all sides. But here's the thing, there was already an overwhelming lack of stam morphs to all abilities for most classes, particularly DKs and Sorcs. We rely primarily on weapon abilities, which I get. A stam character should use physical abilities mostly, and I kind of agree with it except that our range of utility is limited a little too much. Stam sorcs could use a decent dot or some kind of stamina morph of a damage ability or execute, something to make them a touch unique. DKs could use stam morphs of some abilities like talons. Anyway, our saving boon was heavy armor. The thing we had was that we could both deal and take a decent amount of damage and that made us really viable on the field of battle. And it wasnt even a huge advantage because a lot of classes can run heavy armor and still perform well. But with the constitution nerf, heavy is just ridiculously under powered now, and stam users are left to wear medium and on classes like stam dk and stam sorc we already lack a good range of abilities and now we lack our survivability as well. Stam sorcs have the mobility from streak but thats really about it. Im sure some will disagree with this and I welcome other points of view. In my very honest opinion though, ZOS hit stam heavy armor users way too hard. From what I can tell so far mag users are ruling the field. Mag DK is in a great place, I think stamplar actually seems to be doing ok because they have more class abilities that can be used with stam. Yes I could respec one of my DKs to mag, but guess what, I don't want to spend half the price of Morrowind just for a race change. ZOS please relook at the way these changes are impacting Stam users.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BG all I see are Stam classes for the most part, and they are still as devastating as they were pre 3.0. Those macro attacks are real.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    well unfortunately i didnt test my stam sorc. maybe if we put on only medium armour we have to slot some monster set with deffensive bonus like pirate skeli or trollking
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    well unfortunately i didnt test my stam sorc. maybe if we put on only medium armour we have to slot some monster set with deffensive bonus like pirate skeli or trollking

Im going to try some experiments running 4 impen and 3 well fitted or something, with 5 heavy and 2 medium. See if I can build a mobile heavy armor build since dodge roll cp reduction is insanely front loaded.