Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mentors

wrgagurl
wrgagurl
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a mentor who is interested in teaching me the ins and outs of ESO, I am a lvl 30 Dark Elf Magplar. I am usually on from 7pm to 11pm EST, and weekends in and out. My first time on any game console or multiplayer game for that matter unless you want to count the 11 years in Second Life. :smiley:
XBOX ONE X, NA
530CP
Magika Sorceror
Magika Warden
Magika Templar
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    What server/console?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see in your other comment you're on Xbox. I'm PS4...but if you ever have questions feel free to message me here. I run a small guild and we help teach new players various stuff.

First, you might want to add a signature to your profile in these forums. (Itmdoesnt have to be dumb like mine, lol). To do so, click your name at the top of the page, then select signature settings. I recommend adding what platform AND server you're on (i.e., XBox NA). Secondly, you might at least add your main character's class and level. This basic info can help posters offer better advice. For example, if you write a post that says "my poison injection isn't doing much damage" and I see that you're character is a magic sorc, the answer is immediately obvious.

In the meantime, here are a few tips that might help you meet some friends to play with:

1. Start running pvp. Using text chat, put out an LFG requesting to the zone once in Cyrodiil. Feel free to mention you're a noobie...lots of people don't mind noobs and stating this upfront will get you into a more tolerant group. Pvp groups can be an invaluable resource because people are usually such jabberboxes, lol. If you get into a vocal group, they'll talk about every aspect of the game and you'll learn tons. And between fights experienced players are usually happy to answer questions at length.

You will probably encounter some jerks or losers eventually. Don't let it deter you. A lot of really mellow and cool people play, and eventually you'll form a network of friends from grouping. When you meet someone really cool, ask about an add, or ask if they are part of a guild.

2. Join guilds, but understand how to do this well. Your other comment was in the guild recruitment forum...you're on exactly the right track. Guilds are great places to meet people. Join one, then use guild text chat to find people to play with. (Note: typing /g2 before a text chat sends the text to the second guild on your list. This is how you initiate guild texts, FYI.) But there's some advice I'd offer on guilds.

Guilds tend to come and go a lot in ESO. One will recruit a lot of people for a specific purpose (i.e., pvp or trials or trading) then they'll be really active for a while. Then the guildmasters will get bored, members will migrate to other games, and a guild can die off and go inactive. Find a guild that's active doing the sort of things you enjoy. But if it goes dark, don't feel bad about ditching it. Try to find several guilds to join...then if one falls apart you have the others while you look for a replacement. I stay a member of five guilds at any time...I probably need to replace one every other month as players come and go. I need to ditch one right now...we ran a lot of trials, but the guildmaster had to quit the game for the summer and the membership is down to 50 players who rarely play.

3. In my experience, group finder isn't a great way to meet people (but you can try). When you group find into a dungeon, often you encounter grinders/farmers who want to run the dungeon as fast as possible. Often they can be jerks to noobies ...or anyone who wants to take their time and enjoy the game, lol. I've met some cool people that I've friended through this method, but I've also run into the most obnoxious players I've ever encountered this way. I mention this because I've seen plenty of posts where new players get discouraged because of this. To me, even if you're mostly interested in pve, you will meet better friends to pve with in pvp.

4. Resources. ESO is so complex you'll probably still need some external resources. Here's a quick list to get you started

General game systems info, beginner to advanced: Tamriel Foundry, ESO Academy, Deltia's gaming, uesp.net (unofficial ESO pages).

All things crafting: sunshine daydream

Seeing armor styles and furnishings: ESO-fashion

iOS / android 3rd party apps

ESO workbench: for crafters. A tracker/timer for trait research, a glyph and potion builder, and a recipe checklist. The main function is the trait research...I could not have done this on my first toon without this app...a total value at 99 cents.

The ESO App: I LOVE THIS APP. Maps of all zones with toggles to show locations of sky shards, delves, dolmens, treasure maps, writ surveys, lore books, way shrines, world bosses. Also has maps of every delve and dungeon showing shard and boss locations. Has a lot of secondary features, like a lord book list that helps you find missing items, lists of drop sets, etc.

Edited by davey1107 on May 23, 2017 8:58PM
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much this all helps bunches!!
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrgagurl wrote: »
    I'm looking for a mentor who is interested in teaching me the ins and outs of ESO, I am a lvl 30 Dark Elf Magplar. I am usually on from 7pm to 11pm EST, and weekends in and out. My first time on any game console or multiplayer game for that matter unless you want to count the 11 years in Second Life. :smiley:

I can probably help, measurements?