Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How does one get to be "crowned" Emperor?

crowqueen
crowqueen
(Question in title) Is it in Cyrodiil, Imperial City, or either one? I wasn't sure if to post this question in PVP section...
Edited by crowqueen on May 23, 2017 4:15PM
PSN ID: Crow-queen
My Champions
DC - Breton Magi Sorc
AD - Khajiit Stam Nightblade
EP - Nord Templar Tank
EP - Argonian Magi Templar
AD - High Elf Magi Warden
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I think (in Cryodiil) if your faction captures all the keeps and you are #1 on the leaderboard then you get the title.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, you farm it like most things in the game, it helps in this case to be able to play more than anyone else, since your ranking is largely a factor of time played as far as I see it.

As so often happens in MMOs, it's less based on personal ability and more on how many others you can leech off lean on.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 23, 2017 4:19PM
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil when you are #1 in the leaderboards and your faction takes and controls the 6 inner keeps (around the Imperial City) you are crowned Emperor. If your wanting to get it, be prepared to spend alllll your time in PvP land.
    PC NA
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...when a team takes the six keeps circling the lake they are awarded SUPREME AND UNENDING RULE OF CYRODIIL. Or, at least until another team takes it back.

When a team wins emperor, whomever is top on the leaderboard is crowned, the top being earned by total AP during that campaign.

I wish they'd devise a new system. Emperor should be rare and hard to get, but it's only available to AP farmers. In Scourge right now on PS4 NA, about 2 weeks into the campaign, the leaders have about 9 million AP. I'd propose that maybe emperorship is opened up to the top ten on a team's leaderboard, determined by RNG. That's still very exclusive, and takes a lot of AP to qualify, but would open the perk to people who are actually fighting and not just AP farmers...many who account share.
  • crowqueen
    crowqueen
    ok, I was just curious. I never liked pvp anyway...
    PSN ID: Crow-queen
    My Champions
    DC - Breton Magi Sorc
    AD - Khajiit Stam Nightblade
    EP - Nord Templar Tank
    EP - Argonian Magi Templar
    AD - High Elf Magi Warden
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crowqueen wrote: »
    ok, I was just curious. I never liked pvp anyway...

The emperor is a really hard thing to get, you'll make a lot of guilds angry. You'll get a lot of hate from your faction, only pre determined popular players are allowed emperor
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anunakis
    Anunakis
    ✭✭✭
    i was few times #1 on the list and then some wiled ap farmer came from nowhere and took the 1st place while us captured half of cyrodill 6 keeps included , is that fair?