The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

One Drive and Mods

Edda
Edda
✭✭
Coming back after a few months break I noticed my mods were gone. Not even listed. After poking around on my computer I found that my mods where still in:
C:\Users\maria\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
But ESO is now looking for them in:
C:\Users\maria\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns.

Since I don't particularly want to use onedrive is there any way to change it back?
“The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grr, I hate that One Drive, first thing I deleted from new laptop. It works for some people, but not me. Anyhooo...

ESO wants to look at a subdirectory of My Documents for the addons. So, at some point you moved, or one drive moved them for you, My Documents to the One drive. Well, that ain't gonna work as it's a cloud drive.

So, the quick and easy answer is to move the location of My Documents back to your machine. You can do that in the Properties of the My Documents folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/253682/how-to-change-the-default-location-of-the-my-documents-folder

From all the research I have done I don't think it is possible to move the Addon's directory from the My Documents Hierarchy with the game itself. There are NTFS Joins and Redirects you could do, but not sure how successful they are for this purpose.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Grr, I hate that One Drive, first thing I deleted from new laptop. It works for some people, but not me. Anyhooo...

ESO wants to look at a subdirectory of My Documents for the addons. So, at some point you moved, or one drive moved them for you, My Documents to the One drive. Well, that ain't gonna work as it's a cloud drive.

So, the quick and easy answer is to move the location of My Documents back to your machine. You can do that in the Properties of the My Documents folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/253682/how-to-change-the-default-location-of-the-my-documents-folder

From all the research I have done I don't think it is possible to move the Addon's directory from the My Documents Hierarchy with the game itself. There are NTFS Joins and Redirects you could do, but not sure how successful they are for this purpose.

Tried that, got this error: "Folder Can't be moved here. Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."
    Edited by Edda on May 23, 2017 10:10PM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Edda wrote: »

Tried that, got this error: "Folder Can't be moved here. Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."
    Googling that error lead me here. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windows

I followed the instructions double clicked "personal" and changed the value to %USERPROFILE%\Documents
    There was something else listed higher up in the registry, {some gibberish name}, that also had onedrive documents in its value. Googling the name brought me to a page that went way over my head but I think it was trying to tell me it was some kind of override and had a link to a file (w10_usf_clear_override_hkcu.zip) that would reset it, so I did that too. Not sure it was needed.

After all that I manually moved all the things from my OneDrive documents folder to my PC Documents folder. And that seemed to fix it. ESO still runs and now sees the downloads in C:\Users\maria\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns again. No idea if the fix is permanent or if Microsoft intends to bless me again, of course.

Edited by Edda on May 23, 2017 10:44PM