The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sustain Options for Stam Sorc?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently farming bone pirate tatters, is this still pretty much the best option for stamina sustain? Draugr is a nice max pool but doesn't really help in terms of regen which is super important right now. Or maybe draugr jewelry with regen glyphs? I'm pretty much set on running medium armor this patch unless we get some big roll backs on the constitution nerf. Ideas? What's working for you?
Edited by Vapirko on May 23, 2017 1:36PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Eternal Hunt on my Stamplar which worked for me pre-Morrowind. It's got 2 stam recovery, 1 max stamina then the 5pc rune.

Marksman has 2 stam recovery, 1 weap damage, then the 5% cost reduction, 8% bow damage to players.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate and dark deal is all you need
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate and dark deal is all you need

Just wanted to make sure it was still with it to farm.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's say I want to use purple tri-stat food and 5pc heavy. What would be the reference then? Marksman set seems to only have bows for weapon and bone pirates only works on drinks.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate the bread and butter setup pair it with something else and your good.I'm thinking about trying VO its a good sourcr of sustain and reduce the cost of all our stam abilities by 8%.Plus for major expedition will be a good set.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say I want to use purple tri-stat food and 5pc heavy. What would be the reference then? Marksman set seems to only have bows for weapon and bone pirates only works on drinks.

Then ur gonna have to toss some regen glyphs on your jewelry. But nearly everyone is going medium. Personally I'm having a tough time in medium with my stam sorc.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Then ur gonna have to toss some regen glyphs on your jewelry. But nearly everyone is going medium. Personally I'm having a tough time in medium with my stam sorc.

Stay in heavy for Constitution to regen magicka. Enchant glyphs with Stam regen to where you're comfortable only have to use dark deal every so often. You should not be using Constitution as major Stam regen like it once was. Heavy attack between .
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay in heavy for Constitution to regen magicka. Enchant glyphs with Stam regen to where you're comfortable only have to use dark deal every so often. You should not be using Constitution as major Stam regen like it once was. Heavy attack between .

I tried heavy. Felt like a bucket of bolts. If I had enough damage I had zero regen and if I had enough regen my damage was nothing. If you have a good heavy armor build that's working with Morrowind I'd love to hear it. For me zos tossed heavy to tanks only.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frist day in PVP was tough to get used to it. Time will tell

I run medium eternal hunt + spriggan + 1x kragh
    Edited by Morgul667 on May 24, 2017 3:36AM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swap between Dubious Camoran and Witch mother's brew depending if I want more magicka to Streak/Dark Deal or the Stam recovery.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Hatoreehanzo
      Hatoreehanzo
      ✭✭✭
      Dark deal your face off like the other 99% of them.

PS4 NA
      PSN: hatoreehanzo
      Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
    2. Biro123
      Biro123
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm using bone pirate 5 med. Don't have dark deal slotted. This means not really needing to worry about magica.
      Streak isn't really necessary to position for dark deals either.
      Plenty of mobility with gap closers, hurricane, med passives and a major exped pot.

Can't remember if I'm running the regent mundus and what jewellery enchants I'm using... But those are easily adjusted.

Oh and freeing up 2 slots with not having dark deal and streak let's me use bound armaments to boost that regen..

I predicted before morrowind hit live that stam sorcs with heavy armour and dark deal would become much, much less effective.... Nobody listened..
      Edited by Biro123 on June 30, 2017 6:29AM
      Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
      Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
      Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
      Aidee - Magsorc - DC
      Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
      Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    3. anathosdm
      anathosdm
      ✭✭✭
      Biro123 wrote: »
      I'm using bone pirate 5 med. Don't have dark deal slotted. This means not really needing to worry about magica.
      Streak isn't really necessary to allow for dark deals either.
      Plenty of mobility with gap closers, hurricane, med passives and a major exped pot.

I predicted before morrowind hit live that stam sorcs with heavy armour and dark deal would become much, much less effective.... Nobody listened..

Heu..... ? Heavy is still the best for stamsorc and many other classes. I play mine 5 heavy 2 medium and 1k1 stam regen. I never run out of stam and i have enough magicka with tri stat food to streak/DD quite often.

Also I play DW/bow ^^
    4. Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      anathosdm wrote: »
      Biro123 wrote: »
      Streak isn't really necessary to allow for dark deals either.

Heu..... ? Heavy is still the best for stamsorc and many other classes. I play mine 5 heavy 2 medium and 1k1 stam regen. I never run out of stam and i have enough magicka with tri stat food to streak/DD quite often.

Also I play DW/bow ^^

Are you running a heavy attack build? Or at least using heavies to sustain?
    5. anathosdm
      anathosdm
      ✭✭✭
      Ofc. One heavy each ten seconds
    6. AAbrigo
      AAbrigo
      ✭✭✭
      I am running a medium build with 600 stam regen.. Dark Deal is all you need. Tried Heavy but you lose so much mobility and crit that you need for crit surge.

You just gonna adapt.. Medium armor is the best thing for stam sorc..
    7. Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AAbrigo wrote: »
      I am running a medium build with 600 stam regen.. Dark Deal is all you need. Tried Heavy but you lose so much mobility and crit that you need for crit surge.

You just gonna adapt.. Medium armor is the best thing for stam sorc..

I've managed a pretty good build right now, in no cp 1900 stam regen, 2.6k wpn damage buffed not counting the automaton bonus, and 25k resists in medium. I switch back and forth but ultimately medium feels much better.
    8. anathosdm
      anathosdm
      ✭✭✭
      In heavy and no CP : 29k stam 23k hp 3k9 wp dmg and 1k2 stam regen. 26k resist on off bar, 31k back bar.
      2k8 health regen buffed ^^
    9. Biro123
      Biro123
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      In heavy and no CP : 29k stam 23k hp 3k9 wp dmg and 1k2 stam regen. 26k resist on off bar, 31k back bar.

Some pretty impressive stats there.. but that must be tricky to sustain though.. stam so low, and no cost reduction. I tried something with similar regen/stam originally after morrowind went live and really struggled - it just seemed like I was dark-dealing all the time.. But I guess it had been a while since I'd played stam and I was VERY out of practice.

Trying to remember my stats (not in game at the mo) - but in CP, I'm sitting with around 41k stam and 2300 stam recov with a around 50% crit. That's mostly just from Bone-pirate/med-armour/cammoran throne... and have around 25k resists with 1h-shield and buffs up (1-hander is defending - its the only one I had for that set). Its obscenely mobile though - which is what I wanted, and dodge-rolling is really cheap.
      Edited by Biro123 on June 30, 2017 1:21PM
      Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
      Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
      Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
      Aidee - Magsorc - DC
      Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
      Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    10. Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, can you share or pm your build?
    11. AAbrigo
      AAbrigo
      ✭✭✭

Something like troll king and heavy alchemist.. last set could be anything..
    12. anathosdm
      anathosdm
      ✭✭✭
      AAbrigo wrote: »

Something like troll king and heavy alchemist.. last set could be anything..

Wrong.
      It s a DW/bow setup. Hard to plat at first
      Great mobilty and healing with surge ( 45% crit chance in no CP )
    13. Zbigb4life
      Zbigb4life
      ✭✭✭✭
      Isn't dark deal enough???