The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Striped Senche Cub??

Fattington
Fattington
Soul Shriven
I am so sad that my first post on the forum is of a ranting nature >_<

I was just shocked to see the contents of the 500 Crown Starter pack. I spent 7000 crowns on Wild Hunt crates only to buy my Senche cub with crown gems. Now you can now get a reskin of the same pet for free along with the other items in the starter pack. Mine still looks nicer I think, but I still feel violated somehow >_<

Could they not pick one of the pets already in the crown store? Why make a new 'unique' pet which looks just like a crown crate item?

If this is going to be a trend I would love to see some costumes like the wizard hat returning for crowns.

meh >_<

Rant over
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the stuff in the crown crates was previously available in the store and is now being re-used. It is unusual for them to do it the other way around, but not surprising IMO.

Basically you should never assume that an item is only ever going to be available once, or only via one method. (Although annoyingly you can't assume they'll all come back either, as some haven't yet.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man...I purchased the starter pack when it was on sale for 50% off a while ago - I didn't have the mount or pet yet, so it was a good deal. But, you can't purchase the starter pack more than once, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to purchase this, but I'd love to have the striped senche cub to go along with my senche tiger!

I'm on console, so I can't check myself, but is there anyone on PC who purchased the previous starter pack and is able to purchase the new one?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will be able to buy the new starter pack.

When I bought the game I got the Explorer's Pack with it as a pre-order bonus (even though I didn't pre-order it). When the crown store was launched it included the Adventurer's Pack which was identical except for the pet and I was able to buy that.

Once I bought the pet separately the Adventurer's Pack was greyed out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...here's hoping! *fingers crossed
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Man...I purchased the starter pack when it was on sale for 50% off a while ago - I didn't have the mount or pet yet, so it was a good deal. But, you can't purchase the starter pack more than once, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to purchase this, but I'd love to have the striped senche cub to go along with my senche tiger!
    I'm on console, so I can't check myself, but is there anyone on PC who purchased the previous starter pack and is able to purchase the new one?
    I don't have the new one, but I was looking at it in my game and it gave me the option to buy it. (I have the original starter pack.)