The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How long does it take for developers to update their addons after new content is introdouced?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Lost without my addon!!! :(
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Misa
    Misa
    ✭✭✭
    depends on what kind of addon and how much work the author wants to put into it. so between 5 seconds to never
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what Misa said.

Many add-ons have over time become outdated and died, others were updated and ready yesterday.

It's not helpful advice but the advice I can give is do you best to not become to reliant on add-ons to play the game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aui is updated,glad I have my minimap
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends. Often, addons that are listed as out of date really aren't, and will work perfectly fine. This encompasses probably around 90% of addons. For some of them, the author will do an API Bump (literally changing 100018 to 100019) but not all will do that.

For the other 10%, a good portion are super simple updates. There might be a small API change, for example the addition of the craft bag meant inventory or crafting addons had to add one extra loop to get stuff in the craft bag. However, others are affected a ton, and it can take a long time to update.

As a side note, if you are waiting for Shissu's, just delete it, it is obsolete now.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually find it healthy to once in a while play without the many add ons. I like to try and keep the add on usage at a minimum and I always strive to have the UI as minimalist as possible without losing out on vital information (ie. not having a horse training countdown on screen at all times, or not having 3 different boss unit frames, etc.).
    Some add ons would be really bothersome to do without (like MM) but you can be really surprised what you are able to play without.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usually not longer than a week or two

use "allow outdated addons" setting ;)
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main one for me is Srendarr. Absolutely brilliant addon. Oh, and Dolgubons Writ thingy is an absloute must have as I do a lot of crafting/writs. :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Srendarr should still work just fine even if it hasn't been updated, just allow out of date addons.

Most of the addon authors try to get them updated for releases but it doesn't always work out that way if we're indisposed or in this case when they announce they're going to launch Morrowind 2 weeks early. I certainly wasn't ready for that with LUI.
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    Skyshard isn't showing up on map and I really miss it.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    Srendarr should still work just fine even if it hasn't been updated, just allow out of date addons.

Most of the addon authors try to get them updated for releases but it doesn't always work out that way if we're indisposed or in this case when they announce they're going to launch Morrowind 2 weeks early. I certainly wasn't ready for that with LUI.

Thanks for your work on LUI, I'll wait patiently.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cletus wrote: »

The author of Destinations said he's updating it now, but it'll take a few days. He's hoping for a weekend release.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Necroe
    Necroe
    i'm really suffering without the eidetic memory component of lorebooks myself
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArtOfShred wrote: »

Love LUI as well. I use the extended version.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cletus wrote: »

Skyshards just got a update!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • fritzOSU03
    fritzOSU03
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, mine were updated on patch day. I used the lua error stack traces to adjust the scripting for the broken addons to keep them working as a temporary fix. This worked for CraftStore FI (as long as I don't mouse over the styles) and MiniMap.
    ┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
    Urich - AD StamDK, Midaves - AD MagDK, Delphine San - AD Magplar
    Dr Roddard Masterton - AD Magplar, Mojeld - AD TankDK, Cecilia Grayal - AD MagSorc
    └─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Add-On Author
    Urich's Skill Point FinderUrich's Craftbag ViewerUrich's Coffer TimerUrich's Hireling Timer
    Not a fan of tinfoil hats...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you feel frisky, figure out the fix and offer it to the addon authors.

It's like a gift, in reverse.

(On that note, Inventory Insight update coming shortly! ;) )
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    Nice to see Skyshard up and running again. Thanks
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just before I logged in at 10:05 am EDT on 5/22 for the early access, I scanned with Minion for any updates, just for fun, and I was surprised, that there were already about a half dozen already updated that day. Presumably, they were done based on PST info, but that shows that the addons may be updated at any given time...