The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Morrowind Crafting Styles

Sordidfairytale
Sordidfairytale
✭✭✭✭✭
Since these are behind a pay wall, am I correct in understanding that they will not be added into the computation for Master Writ calculations?
The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other DLC motifs are in the writs, so I imagine the Morrowind ones will be. If you don't have the DLC you could always buy the motifs from the guild stores. I reckon the stores will be flooded with them in the first few weeks after Morrowinds release.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only motifs they said would not count are the ones available strictly for purchase directly from the crown store (i.e. Frostcaster).
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only motifs they said would not count are the ones available strictly for purchase directly from the crown store (i.e. Frostcaster).

Yep, going to have to wait a bit for them to hit the guild stores...

As for 'behind a paywall' ...why is this different from other motifs in other DLC zones?
    ...or I could say Akaviri motifs are behind a 'PvP wall' or Mazzatun motifs are behind a 'PvE Wall'..extreme silliness
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Thanks, I misread that before. I see now where it's exclusive crown store motifs that are excluded.
    Synfaer wrote: »
    As for 'behind a paywall' ...why is this different from other motifs in other DLC zones?
    ...or I could say Akaviri motifs are behind a 'PvP wall' or Mazzatun motifs are behind a 'PvE Wall'..extreme silliness

A "pay wall" would require real life money. A "PVP wall" would require you to enter the alliance vs alliance area (aka Cyrodiil). And Mazzatun is actually also behind a paywall since it's a DLC. Those are the differences between them, glad I could help you better understand them.

The Vegemite Knight

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A "pay wall" would require real life money. A "PVP wall" would require you to enter the alliance vs alliance area (aka Cyrodiil). And Mazzatun is actually also behind a paywall since it's a DLC. Those are the differences between them, glad I could help you better understand them.

Before you get on your high horse ... remember that any motifs (including DLC or expansion motifs) can be bought or traded in-game with in-game gold.

So, a thrifty player can argue against it not being behind a paywall. That includes this player ... who bought or traded for Mazzatun without picking up a single chapter in the dungeon.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you get on your high horse ...

How fun to assume I was on any sort of an elevated equestrian.

*edited for humility
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on May 25, 2017 11:43PM
    The Vegemite Knight

• apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do sound pretty haughty, not to mention deliberately obtuse.

And on that note, since you can only reply to a valid point about how silly the whole "pay wall" meme is with a non defense involving polysyllabic nonsense: an *equestrian* is a rider, not a horse.

l2dictionary before you try that again.

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

You do sound pretty haughty, not to mention deliberately obtuse.

And on that note, since you can only reply to a valid point about how silly the whole "pay wall" meme is with a non defense involving polysyllabic nonsense: an *equestrian* is a rider, not a horse.

l2dictionary before you try that again.

Thanks for helping me learn how I had been mistaken in my use of that word. Perhaps though you missed how earlier in this thread I thanked someone else for providing constructive feedback to my original question? It was clear that I was seeking information about how the motifs would be calculated. Thanks again for the lesson though. Good hunting.
    The Vegemite Knight