The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rare Items Not to Decon

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
So I basically decon everything from the dungeons if it doesn't improve on what I already have. I know that when put with other pieces of the sets these become beneficial. However, I was wondering if anyone has access to a link or a table that shows the rarest quality items. I am afraid I am going to get a legendary or epic staff or shield or any piece of equipment and I'll end up deconning when I should be using it or selling it for a hefty price. And I am sure there are people that would kill me if I deconned something that they would have bought that they haven't been able to pick up for months. Any list/link/hints would be appreciated.
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the Hierarchy of Decon

1. Is it a Set Item to a set you want to collect, if yes, keep it
    2. Is it a better trait than you already have for the set your are collecting, if yes, keep it and decon the other
    3. Traits to favor are Divines on any armor, Infused on Large Pieces, Impenetrable if you do PvP
    4. Weapon Traits to favor are Sharpened or Precise, with Powered for Healing Staffs (Precise is also good for healing sticks)
    5. Training is always good to have if your not at the CP Cap

There. Follow those guidelines and you should never decon any thing that is valuable or useful.

Current Zone sets to favor are Spinner, Spriggan, Necropotence. With Morrowind, anything that helps Sustain or reduces skill costs is going to be in favor for a while.

In fact, just bite the bullet and roll 2 or 3 mules to store this stuff on. Keep building until you have 5 piece sets in prefered traits. Same with Monster Helms and Shoulders.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Three and Four are insightful. I am going to decon these with my lower levels until I hit 160. I def need to keep them until I get the complete set just to see how everything would stack up. I have plenty of space with the craft bag and updating the horse and backpack so I will just load these things up and sit on them until the sets are complete. Do people buy entire sets? I am sure you have to sell them off one by one, but it would be cool if we could package them.
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately we can't list entire sets. People mostly buy pieces to fill in the sets they are collecting.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I basically decon everything from the dungeons if it doesn't improve on what I already have. I know that when put with other pieces of the sets these become beneficial. However, I was wondering if anyone has access to a link or a table that shows the rarest quality items. I am afraid I am going to get a legendary or epic staff or shield or any piece of equipment and I'll end up deconning when I should be using it or selling it for a hefty price. And I am sure there are people that would kill me if I deconned something that they would have bought that they haven't been able to pick up for months. Any list/link/hints would be appreciated.

Clarify a couple basics you SHOULD already know if you are doing dungeons tho.

YELLOW / GOLD is Legendary. That should shout out, do not decon from what else you said.
    Purple is Epic. Again.. you say you dont want to decon something valuble.

Those are the "rare" quality items.

That said, pretty much, as long as it is not bound, someone will buy it for more gold than your mats, unless you are leveling crafting. I decon greens and whites pretty much automatically. If green is a set, I try to sell it for one round, then decon. Blues too right now, unless its a set, because I dont have room to list everything.
    Edited by Darlgon on May 23, 2017 3:28PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    depending on the set of course always keep any staff, sword, dagger that has precise or sharpened.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Defending is also good for pvp. Its quite popular for your backbar if you're going destro/resto.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    I decon greens and whites pretty much automatically. If green is a set, I try to sell it for one round, then decon. Blues too right now, unless its a set, because I dont have room to list everything.

If you're wanting to sell stuff, then it can be worth upgrading items to purple, they'll often sell for a lot more and quicker.

a.k.a. Aps
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ferrofluid wrote: »
    Defending is also good for pvp. Its quite popular for your backbar if you're going destro/resto.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    I decon greens and whites pretty much automatically. If green is a set, I try to sell it for one round, then decon. Blues too right now, unless its a set, because I dont have room to list everything.

If you're wanting to sell stuff, then it can be worth upgrading items to purple, they'll often sell for a lot more and quicker.

This works well with Spriggans wolf jaw which drops from a world-boss in Bangkorai.