The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

As a master crafting how can I obtain lower level crafting materials?

danieltweedleub17_ESO
Without using traders or resetting skill points

Best Answers

• danieltweedleub17_ESO
    Why not full quest the zone and farm as you go?
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, are you one of the rare people who actually like to quest? I did not think any of us were left.

But, it will take only one zone to level you out of the Clear Water window.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either do Crafting Writs and get the Shipments of lower level mats

Or, roll a mule character and have them farm for you. Or if they are of the correct level, decon their mob loot.

Yes, it sucks, but it is what we have to do.

• Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You have listed 2 ways of getting them so there you go.
    You do not like either option, your out of luck.

The main point is to get you to spend gold.
  • danieltweedleub17_ESO
    I do the crafting writs and have my wife send me things, but she is slowly leveling her professions as well. I just wondered if there was a way to mass farm a mat, say clear water.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to make sure you have some L10 water, and I think that is more Character level than crafting level that determines it. There seems to be at least one of the Wrothgar Recipes that needs that level of water to make.

The only reason I have a good supply of low level mats is all my Alts farm the snot out of the zones as they are leveling. One good thing about not doing the dolmen zerg, you can do this.

My Leveling Method
    1. Grab all the Skyshards in a zone
    2. do only the delve related quests where the skyshards are
    3. Hit the Public Dungeons
    4. Do a dolmen rotation or 3
    5. Move on to another zone.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the crafting writs and have my wife send me things, but she is slowly leveling her professions as well. I just wondered if there was a way to mass farm a mat, say clear water.

It is best farmed by the person who needs it. The farming is based on character level and skill points invested in the craft. If both of those are outside of the range for clear water, then no clear water will be found.

As @Nestor said, it sucks is more inconvenient and less obvious than zone-based resources.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 22, 2017 8:08PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The zones do not have specific resource drops. Clear water will appear everywhere in the game, when the character doing the farming is at the proper levels. Once the character levels up, both in character level and skill points invested in the skill, clear water will be replaced by the next type of water, and you will never see clear water again. All across Tamriel.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 22, 2017 8:09PM
  • Leony1981
    Leony1981
    ✭✭
    All the given solutions are not really solutions but more workarounds for something not functioning properly.
    What i don't understand is why crafting nodes per level cap aren't area bound... Especially with the wayshrines that would make it easy to get to those locations in a short amount of time.
    They should have taken an example from GW2 which has a proper solution for almost all the issues that we encounter in ESO ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leony1981 wrote: »
    All the given solutions are not really solutions but more workarounds for something not functioning properly.
    What i don't understand is why crafting nodes per level cap aren't area bound... Especially with the wayshrines that would make it easy to get to those locations in a short amount of time.
    They should have taken an example from GW2 which has a proper solution for almost all the issues that we encounter in ESO ;)

ZOS wants Tamriel to be uniform across the map. Since their materials are leveled, they decided the separate material level from zones completely. It is more work for the devs, and less intuitive for some players, to go some place for specific mats, especially when the game can just hand them something they might need at any node.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's the way it used to be before One Tamriel, and it does make it more difficult to find materials that you've out-leveled. A lot of us were concerned about the change when they announced it, but now that I've gotten used to it, I like it a lot better than mats being locked to a specific zone. Why? I can get the mats for my character's level wherever I am. I don't have to wander into another zone (before 1T, it would be a higher-level zone) to get the mats that I needed for my characters who were always over-leveled.

The system is functioning properly, just not the way you want it to.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs are the way. I have huge amounts now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs help with lower mats for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking (you get shipments with 25 refined mats).

I am not sure about alchemical essences, tho... I don#t think you get lower level ones.
    Edited by Elsterchen on June 2, 2017 4:05PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only do writs at top tier but receive plenty of those mats. I store them on a bank char until I get a stack then sell them on guild stores. They are 1-2K gold per stack and MM shows plenty of sales so many players are probably doing the same. Just go at a guild vendor and I'm sure you'll find plenty.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

That's the way it used to be before One Tamriel, and it does make it more difficult to find materials that you've out-leveled. A lot of us were concerned about the change when they announced it, but now that I've gotten used to it, I like it a lot better than mats being locked to a specific zone. Why? I can get the mats for my character's level wherever I am. I don't have to wander into another zone (before 1T, it would be a higher-level zone) to get the mats that I needed for my characters who were always over-leveled.

Exactly
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1 - traders - lots available
    2 - resets - yeah possible but not that good.
    3 - have the person needing the mat farm the mat - that is the uderlying purpose of the change - a character always finds mats related to that character in one way or another. Applied to all characters and you tie the flow into the game loosely to the amount of need in the game.
    4 - Daily writs provide lower tier mats for the equips.

Now as many of these as you choose to disregard is up to you of course.

System works great, just not the same way exactly it used to and not necessarily for everyone at all times given their own choices and self-imposed limitations.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Leony1981
    Leony1981
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I still think it sucks as I need to lvl up on some crafting I didn't know I would need at this point. This point meaning with creating items for the housing. Since I focused on blacksmithing, provisioning, alchemy and enchanting, I now need to lvl up on the remaining crafting options to be able to create those housing items... However, due to the "One Tamriel" this is not possible as I am Champion lvl.

That's what I meant when saying that the system isn't working, it indeed isn't working for me..
    Liked the game better during the fist year or so and stuff like this makes me come back less and less, which really is a shame for the amount I've already spend on subscription fees and expansion pack.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it sucks as I need to lvl up on some crafting I didn't know I would need at this point. This point meaning with creating items for the housing. Since I focused on blacksmithing, provisioning, alchemy and enchanting, I now need to lvl up on the remaining crafting options to be able to create those housing items... However, due to the "One Tamriel" this is not possible as I am Champion lvl.

OneT has not made leveling crafting harder. It has made making gear for mid tiers harder.

Provisioning and Alchemy are leveled best by making stuff, Enchanting by a combo of both making and deconning. Since you have those leveled, I assume to 50, then your good there. If not, the Solvents can be an issue with Alchemy, recipes an issue with Provisioning, although you only need to make Green recipes to level Provisioning. You can buy the Potencies you need pretty cheap at the Mystics to make runes if you need to, but deconning is still the best way to level enchanting.

For gear, the best way to level that is to decon top end items. Making stuff, will take you forever to level the skill lines.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, last time I needed lower level alchemy mats (one of the high end prov recipes call for it) I just respec'd to the right crafting level and it seemed that it was about 50/50 as to whether I received a high level mat or the lower level mat. Which was fine, because I always need more cap level solvent.

My favorite place to farm alchemy ingredients is in IC. I think elevel gardens is the best area, it's full of rooms with racks of barrels that drop alchemy solvent at a much higher rate than drinks, and in higher number than outide of a PvP zone.

My favorite place to farm low level recipes is while leveling at Cyrodiil quest hubs, there is no justice system in PvP so you just loot everything without pause. Cropsford and Bruma stick out as where I get the most prov and furniture recipes.

The only thing Cyrodiil is really bad for is durable goods mat harvesting. For consumables, always Cyrodiil.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot farm it any more with higher characters since Tamriel One update. Get the Hireling for each crafting skill you need materials for. They send you plenty of low materials. Want it faster, Do hireling on multiple characters you log in regularly.

Also, performing daily crafting writs you get 20 low level materials when you turn in daily crafting writ. You will have a stack of each in 6-8 weeks probably. Not much but only other option is to buy or farm with lower characters.

I WISH ZOS WOULD IMPLEMENT A 25-50% CHANCE TO FARM THE LOWER LEVEL MATERIALS IN EACH OF THE 5 PROVINCES LIKE IT USED TO BE BEFORE TAMRIEL ONE. Each zone should contain its original lower nodes. The remaining percentage should be your crafting/character level.

Cold Harbor|Craglorn|Cyrodiil|DLC areas should be the higher nodes.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get a lot of low level materials from daily crafting writs and have absolutely nothing to do with them since I already crafted training sets for my low level characters. I end up selling them for 900-1200 gold per stack (almost as low as vendor prices) on guild stores.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before OneT I just used my crafter to farm, going to the different levels. He is maxed up across the board, so when OneT came out, no lower level mats. So I took some of my other characters and began leveling them up. I took one and leveled him up to be able to farm 46-50 across the board (wood, alchemy, metal & clothing) . I took another alt and leveled him up to farm 36-44 across the board. Then another 26-34, another 16-24 and then another I just left alone to get 1-14. I can now farm 1-50 mats at any time using different toons.

Edited by Lumsdenml on November 24, 2017 5:26PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    I have had similar issues.

I keep running into times when I am low in particular tiers of materials. With the furniture recipes I am finding that I have to level up one toon in ALL crafting disciplines. So all of a sudden, I need some wood that is some tier that I have collected at all.

Another problem I ran into was when a toon leveled to the next tier and I had a lack of materials for that tier from which to make their gear.

Yeah, repec'ing skill-points and globetrotting to browse Guild Stores is a pain, but the only option.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    just buy them. Low level is cheap and available. I always doing this when making an armor to level up new char.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hluill wrote: »

I keep running into times when I am low in particular tiers of materials. With the furniture recipes I am finding that I have to level up one toon in ALL crafting disciplines. So all of a sudden, I need some wood that is some tier that I have collected at all.

Another problem I ran into was when a toon leveled to the next tier and I had a lack of materials for that tier from which to make their gear.

Yeah, repec'ing skill-points and globetrotting to browse Guild Stores is a pain, but the only option.

Well, adapt...

pre-1T you built new gear when you hit a new tier.

post-1T its easier and almost as good to craft gear at the top of a tier.

hit level 14, craft level 14 then to carry you thru say 16-24 or maybe just halfway.

use the mats you harvest during a tier to craft top of that tier to wear during the next tier.

easy and simple adjustment.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well you could ask your guildies
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Well, adapt...

hit level 14, craft level 14 then to carry you thru say 16-24 or maybe just halfway.

use the mats you harvest during a tier to craft top of that tier to wear during the next tier.

@STEVIL !!!!

I know you are a highly intelligent, helpful person, but I can't help but feel a bit of condescension in your reply...

We've had this discussion before.

I have adapted, thanks. I know how to navigate this game's moronic crafting system. Just because we have found solutions to some of the system's problems doesn't make the problem disappear.

From time to time I realize" Wow, I need to get some hickory. How can I get some Hickory?" It's a pain that I can't just go to where hickory grows and gather some like I do, and even enjoy, in other games. It's a pain that sometimes in character progression I may not have had an opportunity to gather much Hickory and now have to shop guild stores to find some.

My memory is cloudy, but it was particularly painful as my main was advancing through the tiers from 10-160 CP. It's like five tiers in there and I never seemed to have enough materials to gear up. On top of that I was watching my damage rating drop dramatically, even when i equipped the new stuff.

So, I feel the OP's pain.
    Edited by Hluill on December 1, 2017 12:25AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, adapt...

@STEVIL !!!!

I know you are a highly intelligent, helpful person, but I can't help but feel a bit of condescension in your reply...

I have adapted, thanks. I know how to navigate this game's moronic crafting system. Just because we have found solutions to some of the system's problems doesn't make the problem disappear.

From time to time I realize" Wow, I need to get some hickory. How can I get some Hickory?" It's a pain that I can't just go to where hickory grows and gather some like I do, and even enjoy, in other games. It's a pain that sometimes in character progression I may not have had an opportunity to gather much Hickory and now have to shop guild stores to find some.

My memory is cloudy, but it was particularly painful as my main was advancing through the tiers from 10-160 CP. It's like five tiers in there and I never seemed to have enough materials to gear up. On top of that I was watching my damage rating drop dramatically, even when i equipped the new stuff.

Well, ok, so... may i make a suggestion we may find constructive then.

When it comes time that you choose to post on a thread where folks are discussion difficulties they are having with a system...
    and you decide to post a bit of you own history of problems with the same issue...
    but it is an issue you have learned how to adjust to, to deal with, to adapt to....
    when it is a challenge or difficulty you have overcome...
    then...
    instead of just posting another example of a problem and leaving it hanging there like an unresolved issue **ALSO** type a sentence or two about what you just did to push back on my response - tell them that you already figured out how to adapt to it and how to overcome it and post that info as well.

Posting a "problem" on a discussion board tends to almost always have someone respond offering advice on how to adapt to it, to improvise around it or to overcome it.

Its an expected outcome.

Posting a problem and also how you overcame it already... that has different results and i would argue usually better results.

Also, now that you throw in other peeves you have i will respond to just a bit about them...

"On top of that I was watching my damage rating drop dramatically, even when i equipped the new stuff. "

I have leveled iirc six characters from 1 to 50 max cp since 1T came out. it is **not** true that equipping high level gear lowers you damage levels. That is simply not true unless it is done by some action like equipping a one handed weapon when you previously had a two-handed weapon *or* you equip an item of a lower quality *or* you equip weapons with different/lower passives and skill advancement

A level 16 character wearing level 10 armor equips level 14 gear - ratings should go up (barring weapon type, passives and quality changes.)

Now, to be direct, your statement was "even when I equipped" so maybe you really meant "when i equipped the better armor it went up but not as much as it once was" but it really seemed to be linking "equipped better armor" and "damage rating went dow" in the way you wrote it and particularly in light of the topic of this thread being about crafting gear - not overall damage scaling which is where that issue comes from..

To be clear for any wondering about that oblique refernece to damage ratings - nothing changes - works the same as it did - mechanically - only change is the *labels* shown shift around due to scaling and all your enemies are of equal *level* now. (which is not the same as difficulty.)

For what its worth i wish they had added to 1T the ideas of farms and mines - a few small sections in each zone where the "lower tier mats" exist to be farmed when needed. The massive benefits of scaled nodes is great but a small nod to them that does not involved random chests would be nice. They could also give us "gardens" and "veins" "springs" and the like that we can put in our houses - allowing "harvesting" of non-top-tier materials. they could also have allowed higher tier mats to be used to craft lower tier gear.

There are a lot of options where a single addition would have given a bit of a nod to those wanting to gather lower tier mats than the character is operating at... i wish they had chosen one.

But locked rewards tiers determined by your zone and politics... that was bad for many many reasons.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭

Well, adapt...

@STEVIL !!!!

Well, ok, so... may i make a suggestion we may find constructive then.

When it comes time that you choose to post on a thread where folks are discussion difficulties they are having with a system...
    and you decide to post a bit of you own history of problems with the same issue...
    but it is an issue you have learned how to adjust to, to deal with, to adapt to....
    when it is a challenge or difficulty you have overcome...
    then...
    instead of just posting another example of a problem and leaving it hanging there like an unresolved issue **ALSO** type a sentence or two about what you just did to push back on my response - tell them that you already figured out how to adapt to it and how to overcome it and post that info as well.

Posting a "problem" on a discussion board tends to almost always have someone respond offering advice on how to adapt to it, to improvise around it or to overcome it.

Its an expected outcome.

Posting a problem and also how you overcame it already... that has different results and i would argue usually better results.

Um, I did post my work around: "Respecc'ing or shopping Guild Stores"

Also, now that you throw in other peeves you have i will respond to just a bit about them...

"On top of that I was watching my damage rating drop dramatically, even when i equipped the new stuff. "

I have leveled iirc six characters from 1 to 50 max cp since 1T came out. it is **not** true that equipping high level gear lowers you damage levels. That is simply not true unless it is done by some action like equipping a one handed weapon when you previously had a two-handed weapon *or* you equip an item of a lower quality *or* you equip weapons with different/lower passives and skill advancement

A level 16 character wearing level 10 armor equips level 14 gear - ratings should go up (barring weapon type, passives and quality changes.)

Now, to be direct, your statement was "even when I equipped" so maybe you really meant "when i equipped the better armor it went up but not as much as it once was" but it really seemed to be linking "equipped better armor" and "damage rating went dow" in the way you wrote it and particularly in light of the topic of this thread being about crafting gear - not overall damage scaling which is where that issue comes from..

To be clear for any wondering about that oblique refernece to damage ratings - nothing changes - works the same as it did - mechanically - only change is the *labels* shown shift around due to scaling and all your enemies are of equal *level* now. (which is not the same as difficulty.)

Not sure of your point here. As I said, my memory on the specifics is not exact. But, somewhere in the forties, the damage rating of weapons starts decreasing. I realize that there are several variables in play. As a scroll through the tiers in my crafting window, I can see the drop. As I compare gear in the equipment window, I can see the drop. As I compare performance of my character with the new gear, I see the drop.

I added this point to the OP's thread because it's part of the issue. Because it's hard to gather material for higher and lower tiers, it adds insult to injury that the new, higher-tiered gear isn't more effective.

For what its worth i wish they had added to 1T the ideas of farms and mines - a few small sections in each zone where the "lower tier mats" exist to be farmed when needed. The massive benefits of scaled nodes is great but a small nod to them that does not involved random chests would be nice. They could also give us "gardens" and "veins" "springs" and the like that we can put in our houses - allowing "harvesting" of non-top-tier materials. they could also have allowed higher tier mats to be used to craft lower tier gear.

There are a lot of options where a single addition would have given a bit of a nod to those wanting to gather lower tier mats than the character is operating at... i wish they had chosen one.

But locked rewards tiers determined by your zone and politics... that was bad for many many reasons.

~sighs and laughs~

I am perplexed by your criticism of my post. On the one hand your telling me I am wrong to commiserate with the OP. On the other hand you "wish" that they had added gathering options for lower tiers. This make me think that you commiserate with us as well.

Sure, posting whiny complaints is less than constructive. But, criticizing game mechanics, like the way the nodes scale, is not only a long standing tradition of gaming but can also lead to game improvements. I think of the way chess has evolved over the centuries.

You're right, my response could've been better constructed. I should have said: I feel your pain. I've had similar issues. This is how I deal with it. This is the change I'd wish they'd make.

I apologize for my poor response. Thanks for trying to make me a better poster.

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest way I've found is to just set your alt characters' crafting skills to a variety of tiers. You don't even have to level the characters themselves, just acquire enough skill points to get your crafting where you want it, sit at a station and deconstruct all the trash your main collects, then stop when you've reached where you want to go.

I have multiple characters, each with the crafting skill lines "capped" at different levels. That way if I need a specific tier material, I just log into the character that will collect those. Note* These tier nodes will only spawn ~50% of the time as mentioned in previous posts. The other half will still scale to that character's actual level. -- This can be maximized by shifting surveys to these characters and getting more materials in one shot.

If you're someone who only plays a single character, or doesn't want to tackle this tactic, then your options are, unfortunately, limited to skill point reset, guild trader shopping, or praying to RNG for crafting writ shipments of the desired tier.
    Edited by Feric51 on December 1, 2017 3:23PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)