The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why not have hints ping skyshard/lorebook locations?

Kencan333ub17_ESO
The achievement hints in the console version of the game should have pings in the form of big-blue circular flashes on your map that flash outwards from the mid-way point of where the skyshard would be discovered and the outer perimeter of the circle (so as not to reveal the actual location) when you select the corresponding hints in your journal section.

This would unify things for console players.

Also, existing skyshards/lorebooks that have already been discovered should also flash inward briefly as you select the individual hints in your hints section of the corresponding journal page.

Aren't these great ideas?
Edited by Kencan333ub17_ESO on May 22, 2017 7:35AM
Acct name: @DivinityWep

Stamblade Main: Sunderflame
DK: Jragondir
Necro: Shadoknite

Best Answer

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinging the locations by clicking the hint would destroy the purpose of the hints being clues that you are supposed to work out yourselves. But since PC have add-ons that can just tell you directly where they are, I wouldn't be against having some other way to just add the locations directly to the map.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find google works well
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's something they have interest in doing.

They like the idea of Skyshards being something you have to puzzle out and for those who don't want to (or can't) solve the puzzles then there are plenty of maps and guides online (as well as the Prima ones).

PC has add-ons which basically do it all for you, and I don't see ZOS caring enough to code something just for console players.

I know it's not perfect but most people have smart phones these days so it's not hard to have a map open on that, look down, add a marker on your map and run to that location then repeat.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you've done a few characters your remember a fair chunk of where they are
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull up your phone or computer. Google can help you find a map. I'd say convert over to PC, but that would be considered trolling, as we all know PCs have add-ons to assist with this exact issue.